Cowboys fan Dak Prescott criticized Romo after 2012 meltdown: I'm done taking up for

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys fan Dak Prescott criticized Tony Romo after 2012 meltdown: I'm done taking up for him

By SportsDayDFW.com

New Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott told us he grew up a Cowboys fan.

Here's the proof: He was really upset at Tony Romo after a big Cowboys loss in 2012.

On Twitter, Prescott criticized Romo after he threw three interceptions in a 28-18 loss to the Redskins that ended Dallas' season without a playoff berth.
Prescott tweeted: "I'm DONE Taking up for Romo. #hadenough"

Now Prescott will be Romo's backup.

I'm DONE Taking up for Romo. #hadenough

— Dak Prescott (@15_DakP) December 31, 2012

It is going to be hard to blame Prescott for the emotional tweet. Almost everyone in Dallas was livid at Romo after Dallas finished 8-8.

The nail in the coffin was Romo's poor throw that was picked by Washington's Rob Jackson when the Cowboys had a chance to drive for a winning score in the final minutes.

A few other tweets from Prescott:

-- You're suppose to Throw it over the guys head. That was the most embarrassing one of them all. #stoptakingupforhim

-- I'm hurt! Very Hurt!!!!

-- No! He doesn't finish & None of those INTs were Bc of the O-line. #noexcuses

"I feel as though I let our team down," Romo said at the time.

It was the latest Romo post-Christmas disappointment, including Week 17 losses to the Philadelphia Eagles (44-6) in 2008 and the New York Giants (31-14) in 2011. Read Rick Gosslein's column after the game here.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ehh seems pretty mild really. That game was on Romo.

Stars

DCC 4Life
He was 18 when he tweeted those. I say dumber shit than that all the time on twitter when I'm pissed off, and I'm old enough to be his dad. Don't think it's a big deal at all. Pretty sure we were all ready to kick Romo's ass after that game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is just normal fan twitter stuff. If he says it as Romo's teammate I'll be concerned.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
If you're a Cowboys fan and you haven't lit into Romo a few times you're not human.

Top Bottom