TV Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
Kurt Sutter Teases Sons of Anarchy Spinoff ‘One Step Closer’ to Reality
BY NERDCOREMOVEMENT • APRIL 30, 2016

It looks like the Sons of Anarchy spinoff about the Mayans motorcycle club is closer to reality than ever before….

Kurt Sutter is ready to dive back into the world of Sons of Anarchy with an upcoming spinoff series about the Mayan Motorcycle Club that first debuted in his long running FX series about the world of outlaw bikers in Northern California.

Sutter has been working on the Mayans spinoff for some time now and he tweeted out on Friday that it appears closer than ever to going to series.

There’s no official word on when or where the Mayans spinoff would take place, but previous statements from Sutter made it appear that the show wouldn’t interfere with any previous mythology that was already completed during the seven season run from Sons of Anarchy.

That means the Mayans Motorcycle Club spinoff could take place in another city far away from Charming with a different chapter entirely. Of course there’s always a chance that characters from Sons of Anarchy could appear in the spinoff including Mayans MC president Marcus Alvarez (played by Emilio Rivera).

Sutter has also said that he didn’t plan to be the show runner for the new Sons of Anarchy spinoff, only working on the series as a writer and advisor but from the look of things, he’s definitely deeply involved in the creation of the new show.

When Sons of Anarchy finished its run, it was the most popular show in FX history so diving back into that world with the Mayans spinoff would certainly be welcome news for fans.

Judging by Sutter’s tweet, Sons of Anarchy enthusiasts may not have to wait much longer until this story debuts on television.

junk

Not So New Member
Kurt Sutter Teases Sons of Anarchy Spinoff ‘One Step Closer’ to Reality
BY NERDCOREMOVEMENT • APRIL 30, 2016

It looks like the Sons of Anarchy spinoff about the Mayans motorcycle club is closer to reality than ever before….

Kurt Sutter is ready to dive back into the world of Sons of Anarchy with an upcoming spinoff series about the Mayan Motorcycle Club that first debuted in his long running FX series about the world of outlaw bikers in Northern California.

Sutter has been working on the Mayans spinoff for some time now and he tweeted out on Friday that it appears closer than ever to going to series.

There’s no official word on when or where the Mayans spinoff would take place, but previous statements from Sutter made it appear that the show wouldn’t interfere with any previous mythology that was already completed during the seven season run from Sons of Anarchy.

That means the Mayans Motorcycle Club spinoff could take place in another city far away from Charming with a different chapter entirely. Of course there’s always a chance that characters from Sons of Anarchy could appear in the spinoff including Mayans MC president Marcus Alvarez (played by Emilio Rivera).

Sutter has also said that he didn’t plan to be the show runner for the new Sons of Anarchy spinoff, only working on the series as a writer and advisor but from the look of things, he’s definitely deeply involved in the creation of the new show.

When Sons of Anarchy finished its run, it was the most popular show in FX history so diving back into that world with the Mayans spinoff would certainly be welcome news for fans.

Judging by Sutter’s tweet, Sons of Anarchy enthusiasts may not have to wait much longer until this story debuts on television.
SoA started out strong, but just wasn't a great show by the time it finished.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So GOT
Well that was sort of expected but still an awesome episode. We all knew Jon Snow was coming back. The Iron Islands might actually get interesting now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Fuck the Iron Islands.

All in on some Tyrion/dragon action though, as well as some HOF Tower of Joy next week.

dallen

Senior Tech
So GOT
Well that was sort of expected but still an awesome episode. We all knew Jon Snow was coming back. The Iron Islands might actually get interesting now.
I actually fell asleep while Davos was trying to talk Melisandre into trying to bring Jon back and woke up to his gasp. It was a real WTF moment. As someone who read Dance with Dragons right when it came out I've been waiting for that scene for almost five years, but it was still shocking to see it so early. I figured they'd drag it out. Jon truly is Azor Ahai reborn!

D

Deuce

Maybe if it went back to the original 7 or 9 or whatever, I'd be interested.
Ya, if they went with an angle of Clay and JT coming back from Vietnam in the 70's and how they started the club, getting into trouble and then the whole betrayal...that would be cool. This Mayans shit is stupid. It'll just be a rehash of old SOA episodes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually fell asleep while Davos was trying to talk Melisandre into trying to bring Jon back and woke up to his gasp. It was a real WTF moment. As someone who read Dance with Dragons right when it came out I've been waiting for that scene for almost five years, but it was still shocking to see it so early. I figured they'd drag it out. Jon truly is Azor Ahai reborn!
Not only did I think they would drag it out but the way the episode went I kind of though Melisandre failed and they were going to have to find help somewhere else. I imagine for the people who have read the books the show is now kind of taking over. Should be interesting to see now if the books follow where the show goes. Obviously the show has gone off the path of the books a good deal.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not only did I think they would drag it out but the way the episode went I kind of though Melisandre failed and they were going to have to find help somewhere else. I imagine for the people who have read the books the show is now kind of taking over. Should be interesting to see now if the books follow where the show goes. Obviously the show has gone off the path of the books a good deal.
I thought they would fail and end up burning him but his body wouldn't burn because he's a Targaryen (presumably), and then they would try something else to resurrect him that works. Either way, I'm glad they didn't dick around with him being dead for too many episodes.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ya, if they went with an angle of Clay and JT coming back from Vietnam in the 70's and how they started the club, getting into trouble and then the whole betrayal...that would be cool. This Mayans shit is stupid. It'll just be a rehash of old SOA episodes.
That would be great but I don't think Sutter is a good enough writer to pull that off, not enough drug running and murder going on in the 70's.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought they would fail and end up burning him but his body wouldn't burn because he's a Targaryen (presumably), and then they would try something else to resurrect him that works. Either way, I'm glad they didn't dick around with him being dead for too many episodes.
Me too, I'd much rather see that story line advance then to sit here and dick with dumb story lines the entire season putting off Jon Snow basically to prolong the series.

junk

Not So New Member
Glad they didn't drag it out. I read an article though where these guys have a pretty clear plan to end this thing in a couple of seasons.

I used to really hate the Iron Islands, but the characters get a lot more interesting once Euron shows up.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
From what I've read the show is only supposed to go another 15-18 episodes after this season. I think I read that they are considering doing two more seasons of less than 10 episodes, so maybe like 8 and 8. There is a clear end game here because this is a show produced and directed by people who want to put out the highest quality product possible.

This isn't Walking Dead, a show that AMC is basically just trying to figure out every possible way to prolong in order to maximize earnings.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
From what I've read the show is only supposed to go another 15-18 episodes after this season. I think I read that they are considering doing two more seasons of less than 10 episodes, so maybe like 8 and 8. There is a clear end game here because this is a show produced and directed by people who want to put out the highest quality product possible.

This isn't Walking Dead, a show that AMC is basically just trying to figure out every possible way to prolong in order to maximize earnings.
I'm not going to lie, the thought of it ending that soon kind of sucks too.

D

Deuce

I'm not going to lie, the thought of it ending that soon kind of sucks too.
I'm curious what they plan to do if it's already mapped out. I assume Dany will come out on top with Tyrion as her hand since they are the most popular. I know this series has always killed off favorites, but that was based on Martin's writings.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm curious what they plan to do if it's already mapped out. I assume Dany will come out on top with Tyrion as her hand since they are the most popular. I know this series has always killed off favorites, but that was based on Martin's writings.
I think Jon Snow will. Although Dany will end up teaming with him to destroy the White Walkers.

D

Deuce

I think Jon Snow will. Although Dany will end up teaming with him to destroy the White Walkers.
Snow is too driven by honor like his father, and Lord Commander will not abandon his wall to take over the country. My guess has always been that's he really the son of Robert Baratheon and Ned's dead sister, which makes him the rightful heir all along.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Snow is too driven by honor like his father, and Lord Commander will not abandon his wall to take over the country. My guess has always been that's he really the son of Robert Baratheon and Ned's dead sister, which makes him the rightful heir all along.
His watch ended once he died, he isn't staying at the Wall. First order of business will be to retake Winterfell I'm guessing and next week's episode is going to shed alot of light as to who his parents are, I think you're right about his mother but his father is not Robert Baratheon. There would be no need to claim him as a bastard if he were the son of the King if you catch my drift, especially if it was the King's son with the woman he loved and worshiped who is now dead.

Top Bottom