Offseason Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Okay, so I'm bored as hell trying to get through this damn offseason. I need activity, and I'm sure you guys are just as bored. I don't really have a thought-out plan for this thread. Just a thread for us to discuss present and past Cowboys teams. Like I said there is no structure, so just chatter.

I can start it off with a few questions.

Favorite Cowboy of all time? (offense, defense, ST)

Favorite game all time?

Favorite memory?

Year you thought we might win it all and we didn't?

Just a few examples, and you don't have to answer them all. Just trying to get SOME discussion going during this boring ass time.

Cotton

Staff member
Orrrrrrrr, we can just post random shit like dallen just did. I don't care. I just am needing some discussion to keep me from dying from boredom at work when I should be working but refuse to work because I got vacation next week and I have zero motivation. POST MORE, SERIOUSLY!

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You could just do work.

Cotton

Staff member
True. Those McNuggets aren't going to make themselves.
I'm not on McNugget duty (heh, I said duty) today. I dun bin promotid tu casheer.

Cotton

Staff member
:yawnee

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Okay, so I'm bored as hell trying to get through this damn offseason. I need activity, and I'm sure you guys are just as bored. I don't really have a thought-out plan for this thread. Just a thread for us to discuss present and past Cowboys teams. Like I said there is no structure, so just chatter.

I can start it off with a few questions.

Favorite game all time?

Favorite memory?

Just a few examples, and you don't have to answer them all. Just trying to get SOME discussion going during this boring ass time.
Welcome to the Zo.......

Cotton

Staff member
I'm bored, you asswagons! Entertain me!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ah screw it.....I'm bored as shit on a very slow day at work.

What the hell....

Michael Irvin - off the field stuff aside, he was the ideal Cowboy. Great player, great leader, and absolutely loved being a Cowboy. It's as if a super fan just so happened to have HOF talent

Favorite game all time?

92 NFCC. I can live to be 100 and no win will ever surpass this for me. I can't really explain why, but I always hated the 49ers even as a kid in the 80's. Even to this day, that's the team I hate most. So to beat them on their own field to go the first SB in my lifetime, it was my single greatest moment as a fan.

Favorite memory?

I don't know if I have one in particular, but being a young teenager in the 90's and watching the Cowboys become a dynasty was great. But what makes those times special and some of the best of my life was that I experienced them with my father and uncle. The two most important men in my life. Every Sunday was just awesome. Whether we were watching at home and enjoying the entire day to ourselves, or going to TX Stadium and celebrating in the parking lot after, those days will always be very near and dear to my heart.

Those are moments and memories that I'll cherish until the day that I die.

1994 is there, but I'll only go with recent memory. I honestly can't recall any season since the 90's where I actually went into the season thinking we were going to the SB. In 2007, I knew we'd be good but I wasn't sure how it would all pan out. By the end of the 2007, 2014, and 2016 regular seasons, I truly believed and still do that we were good enough to make it. But we all know how they turned out. But if I could have any of those disappointing divisional losses back, it would be 2014 for sure.

2007 had the talent but not the experience. Even if we get past the Giants, maybe we lose to Green Bay? If we make it to the SB, I don't see us beating that New England team. I know the Giants did, but they had a relentless pass rush which we did not.

Last year was tough. Hardest loss to take since 1994 NFCC for me personally. But with our defense, do we even beat Atlanta who were super hot for 99% of the playoffs? I think we could, but I'm not certain we would.

2014 was the year. Romo was amazing. Murray was amazing. Dez was red hot. And while the defense wasn't great, they had this knack for always making a big play when we needed it and they always closed out games -- two things that this team had lacked for so so so many years. There was just something about that team. They had both the talent and the intangibles. The team that was known for being soft and for always crumbling in big games was now the team that always found a way to win in crunch time. The team that always collapsed in December went 4-0 in December and in impressive fashion.

We let so many opportunities slip in that GB game that would've put it away. And I have no doubt we would've beaten Seattle the following week and I would've loved our chances vs New England in the SB.

But as has been the case for a while, we're only left what the would've, should've, and could'ves.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Now we all know that Ace is weak and has no willpower.

Cotton

Staff member
Ah screw it.....I'm bored as shit on a very slow day at work.

What the hell....

Michael Irvin - off the field stuff aside, he was the ideal Cowboy. Great player, great leader, and absolutely loved being a Cowboy. It's as if a super fan just so happened to have HOF talent

Favorite game all time?

92 NFCC. I can live to be 100 and no win will ever surpass this for me. I can't really explain why, but I always hated the 49ers even as a kid in the 80's. Even to this day, that's the team I hate most. So to beat them on their own field to go the first SB in my lifetime, it was my single greatest moment as a fan.

Favorite memory?

I don't know if I have one in particular, but being a young teenager in the 90's and watching the Cowboys become a dynasty was great. But what makes those times special and some of the best of my life was that I experienced them with my father and uncle. The two most important men in my life. Every Sunday was just awesome. Whether we were watching at home and enjoying the entire day to ourselves, or going to TX Stadium and celebrating in the parking lot after, those days will always be very near and dear to my heart.

Those are moments and memories that I'll cherish until the day that I die.

1994 is there, but I'll only go with recent memory. I honestly can't recall any season since the 90's where I actually went into the season thinking we were going to the SB. In 2007, I knew we'd be good but I wasn't sure how it would all pan out. By the end of the 2007, 2014, and 2016 regular seasons, I truly believed and still do that we were good enough to make it. But we all know how they turned out. But if I could have any of those disappointing divisional losses back, it would be 2014 for sure.

2007 had the talent but not the experience. Even if we get past the Giants, maybe we lose to Green Bay? If we make it to the SB, I don't see us beating that New England team. I know the Giants did, but they had a relentless pass rush which we did not.

Last year was tough. Hardest loss to take since 1994 NFCC for me personally. But with our defense, do we even beat Atlanta who were super hot for 99% of the playoffs? I think we could, but I'm not certain we would.

2014 was the year. Romo was amazing. Murray was amazing. Dez was red hot. And while the defense wasn't great, they had this knack for always making a big play when we needed it and they always closed out games -- two things that this team had lacked for so so so many years. There was just something about that team. They had both the talent and the intangibles. The team that was known for being soft and for always crumbling in big games was now the team that always found a way to win in crunch time. The team that always collapsed in December went 4-0 in December and in impressive fashion.

We let so many opportunities slip in that GB game that would've put it away. And I have no doubt we would've beaten Seattle the following week and I would've loved our chances vs New England in the SB.

But as has been the case for a while, we're only left what the would've, should've, and could'ves.
My man! :towel

Top Bottom