User Tag List

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 50 dead, more than 400 injured after shooting on Las Vegas Strip

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    My brother, his wife, and a couple of their friends were at this concert during the shooting. I finally just spoke to him about an hour ago. My brother and his friend are on lockdown in their rooms in Mandalay Bay. Their wives are in lockdown in the basement of the Luxor. About 5 minutes before the shooting started, by brother and his friend were heading back to their room while their wives were staying until the end of the concert.
    Thank god they are okay. That is some scary shit, man.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

2. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    My understanding is that the only way to legally get a full automatic is with ATF clearance, which is basically like top level security clearance difficult. To say they are not already banned would be a practically dishonest statement, since they are banned for almost the entire population who cannot get that clearance.
    Unless you're military, a Class 3 license is just damn near impossible to get.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    Yea I've shot a few full autos and it def sounded like one. You can get one legally but it's so hard to it's basically impossible
    Guess I should have read the whole thread. Yes, what this guy said.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Unless you're military, a Class 3 license is just damn near impossible to get.
    It takes a lot more than just being military. Just because an infantryman may carry/fire an automatic weapon like a SAW while on duty, doesn't mean they can have the licence to own one themselves. And they would never have access to one outside the scope of their duty/training. You must sign them out from the armory, and every thing is accounted for, right down to the last bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    It takes a lot more than just being military. Just because an infantryman may carry/fire an automatic weapon like a SAW while on duty, doesn't mean they can have the licence to own one themselves. And they would never have access to one outside the scope of their duty/training. You must sign them out from the armory, and every thing is accounted for, right down to the last bullet.
    Yeah, I assumed a little there. I assumed it would be easier to get the license if you were military. I guess I was wrong.

This is really hard to watch. This is our god damn country, not some third world war zone. Motherfucker.

Maybe it's an echo, but it damn sure sounds like more than one gun being fired here.