2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Plus the way Marinelli rotates D-lineman these guys play all over anyway. DEs in our defense play DT. Our 3 techniques play the 1 technique spot. Our 3 techniques play DE.

I envision Sheldon day as a guy who can play DE or 3 technique and honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us use him as an undersized 1 technique at times.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Could be but how many 3rd/4th round picks turn into stars? I'd rather load up on really talented Dlineman then to worry about fit right now.
I guess you have a point, but it is not fit, but what Dallas is willing to commit to. They rarely throw bodies at a problem. They take a guy, then move on to the next need.

I like Day's scheme fit a lot. I just doubt our conviction to addressing the same role twice.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Welcome back. Before your next post, I need you in the right mood. Watch this:
I will tell you this, I really really really loved his interview at the Combine. Kid definitely has his head in the right place.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess you have a point, but it is not fit, but what Dallas is willing to commit to. They rarely throw bodies at a problem. They take a guy, then move on to the next need.

I like Day's scheme fit a lot. I just doubt our conviction to addressing the same role twice.
Yeah, if we are trying to predict what Dallas is going to do, well they will probably force a DE that none of us have heard of. They wanted one in the second and missed out. My guess is they force the pick at that position.

Roy Robertson-Harris will probably be our pick and everyone will scratch their heads.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Man, that Smith pick really hit a nerve. I don't think I have ever abandoned the draft chatter thread before. :lol

Don't worry, I'm okay now. :unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, if we are trying to predict what Dallas is going to do, well they will probably force a DE that none of us have heard of. They wanted one in the second and missed out. My guess is they force the pick at that position.

Roy Robertson-Harris will probably be our pick and everyone will scratch their heads.
I think Tyrone Holmes.

Plus the way Marinelli rotates D-lineman these guys play all over anyway. DEs in our defense play DT. Our 3 techniques play the 1 technique spot. Our 3 techniques play DE.

I envision Sheldon day as a guy who can play DE or 3 technique and honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us use him as an undersized 1 technique at times.
Well we know that they don't ever pick the guys we think they should. It's about time for a TE now I'm sure. They are not done pissing us off yet.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I swear I have drank more during this draft more than any other.

data

Forbes #1

I'm guessing CB

Cotton

Staff member
I swear I have drank more during this draft more than any other.
Dude, I got blasted last night. I ended up going over to a neighbors house and watching the Rangers game. Stumbled back across the road about 10.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If the Patriots don't take him, I think we take Keenan Reynolds. Just seems like something we'd do.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm guessing CB
I'm totally cool with corner here. Just make it someone who actually has film and not some grainy home made film like Kareem Larrimore had. Someone like Zack Sanches might get picked apart on this board but I wouldn't have a problem with a corner like that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am actually hopeful today. Maybe we got the craziness out of our systems yesterday and settle down and make solid picks today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom