2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I agree, it just seems stupid to me. Draft players that are starters or can be starters and let the best player win. It doesn't seem that hard to figure that if you just draft backups then your team will never get better.
Well when you draft guys to be backups you end up never getting draft steals because these guys don't have the ability to progress past being a backup.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Some guys I wouldn't mind today, in no particular order.

Charone Peake
Kolby Listenbee
Andrew Billiings
Hassan Ridgeway
Ronald Blair
Rashard Robinson
DeAndre Hall
Jalen Mills
Miles Killebrew
Scooby Wright

And I have to list a homer pick from the University of North Dakota, William Ratelle. He's short, 5' 11", but 250 lbs. Built like a fire plug. And pretty fast for his size. Ran in the 4.5s. He dominates at middle linebacker for the Fighting Souix, but you have to take in to consideration, this school is even lower than NDSU. He also plays FB for them in short yardage. That will probably be his position if he sticks in the NFL. Dude is an absolute hammer, quick on his feet, and can catch the ball, even though he hasn't done that much. I'd consider him as an UDFA. This is the same school that the Vikings Jim Kleinsasser came from.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/william-ratelle?id=2556334

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sheldon Day and Andrew Billings are on the top of my defensive board if we go that way now.

Andrew Billings DL
Sheldon Day DL
Hassan Ridgeway DL
Connor Cook QB
Charone Peake WR
DJ White CB
Vadal Alexander OG
Jeremy Cash SS
Deandre Houston-Carson FS
Eric Murray CB
Jalen Mills CB/S
Charles Tapper DE
Kolby Listenbee WR
Pharoh Cooper WR

Last edited:

Charone Peake
Kolby Listenbee
Andrew Billiings
Hassan Ridgeway
Ronald Blair
Rashard Robinson
DeAndre Hall
Jalen Mills
Miles Killebrew
Scooby Wright

And I have to list a homer pick from the University of North Dakota, William Ratelle. He's short, 5' 11", but 250 lbs. Built like a fire plug. And pretty fast for his size. Ran in the 4.5s. He dominates at middle linebacker for the Fighting Souix, but you have to take in to consideration, this school is even lower than NDSU. He also plays FB for them in short yardage. That will probably be his position if he sticks in the NFL. Dude is an absolute hammer, quick on his feet, and can catch the ball, even though he hasn't done that much. I'd consider him as an UDFA. This is the same school that the Vikings Jim Kleinsasser came from.

So what position do you think is still our greatest need? LB or DL or QB?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So what position do you think is still our greatest need? LB or DL or QB?
If it was me, I'd be looking for the best defender no matter the position. And WR.

If we decide to take Connor Cook, I'm ok with that. But frankly, I'd just as soon forget the position if it's anybody else.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Charone Peake
Kolby Listenbee
Andrew Billiings
Hassan Ridgeway
Ronald Blair
Rashard Robinson
DeAndre Hall
Jalen Mills
Miles Killebrew
Scooby Wright

Ratale has been worked out almost exclusively at FB. KC and the Bucs have worked him out from what I understand.

If we take a FB, Dan Vitale is a guy I like.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wouldn't be surprised if we trade down to try and recover a 5th and 7th. Or try to move in to the 5th once we're in it. A draft without Jerry moving at least once just feels strange.

data

Forbes #1
On NFLN they said it wasn't for injury or character concerns. Said that he was only a two down player whatever that means.
Means he's a Jabba the Hut that can't pass rush. If RBs are less valuable because it's a passing league, than defenders that can only stop the run are less valuable, too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
On NFLN they said it wasn't for injury or character concerns. Said that he was only a two down player whatever that means.
Basically means he plays limited snaps in regular and short yardage situations versus long yardage situations.

I can understand that, I guess. He might not fit with a lot of 4-3 teams either.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I really like Collins in the 3rd. I think that is a very solid fit for our defense.

And, fine, I will like trust our doctors and shit on Smith. Not much else to do at this point. Because, if he does regain his health and get back to his former self, he will be a huge superstar in this league.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if we trade down to try and recover a 5th and 7th. Or try to move in to the 5th once we're in it. A draft without Jerry moving at least once just feels strange.
Yeah, I can't see them letting the fifth go by without a pick.

That basically means their first 4th gets traded away and they drop way down in the round if they can pull a trade off.

data

Forbes #1
No trade, no CB, no TE. Aside from the damaged 2nd rounder with 1st round abilities, I wouldn't recognize Jerruh.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really like Collins in the 3rd. I think that is a very solid fit for our defense.
If they wanted a 3-T, I think Day is a better fit. Spends a lot less time on the ground.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ratale has been worked out almost exclusively at FB. KC and the Bucs have worked him out from what I understand.

If we take a FB, Dan Vitale is a guy I like.
Yeah, I said his position would more than likely be FB.

I don't like Vitale. He's too finesse, more of an Hback type. His best blocking attribute is if he accidentally gets in the way. If we're going to add a FB to the team, I'd prefer one that would help in the running game, and that's not Vitale.

data

Forbes #1

And, fine, I will like trust our doctors and shit on Smith. Not much else to do at this point. Because, if he does regain his health and get back to his former self, he will be a huge superstar in this league.
Welcome back. Before your next post, I need you in the right mood. Watch this:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I can't see them letting the fifth go by without a pick.

That basically means their first 4th gets traded away and they drop way down in the round if they can pull a trade off.
I don't think they'll do that, the early fourth is too valuable. I could see them trading a sixth and future pick to get into the 5th though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom