2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm totally cool with corner here. Just make it someone who actually has film and not some grainy home made film like Kareem Larrimore had. Someone like Zack Sanches might get picked apart on this board but I wouldn't have a problem with a corner like that.
Not a fan of Sanchez. Everytime I watched an OU game, he was getting picked on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am hoping with come out of this with a safety.

Cash, Killebrew, Mills, Tyvis Powell, K.J. Dillon, D.J. Hunter, Will Parks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Doesn't he have to fulfill his military commitment before he could play?
Yes, it depends on what the Navy does. The Patriots got their long snapper Joe Cardona all year last year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a fan of Sanchez. Everytime I watched an OU game, he was getting picked on.
SOURCES TELL US "He is fast and talented. I'm always partial to guys who make plays on the ball so I like him. I don't think he's tough enough to tackle so he is probably just a true nickel cornerback who you have to play outside so teams can't run it at him in the slot." -- NFC director of scouting

This pretty much sums up my thought on him. Basically he has the physical tools to work with at corner. Plus the 7 INTs make me feel good.

data

Forbes #1
On this day, 3 years ago, we drafted Black Weiner.

That was hilarious.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
SOURCES TELL US "He is fast and talented. I'm always partial to guys who make plays on the ball so I like him. I don't think he's tough enough to tackle so he is probably just a true nickel cornerback who you have to play outside so teams can't run it at him in the slot." -- NFC director of scouting

This pretty much sums up my thought on him. Basically he has the physical tools to work with at corner. Plus the 7 INTs make me feel good.
The INT number is good.

Another slot guy I like is Tavon Young.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, it depends on what the Navy does. The Patriots got their long snapper Joe Cardona all year last year.
What are your thoughts on DJ White? I know before the draft I saw him on some highly underrated lists.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I wouldn't be surprised if we trade down to try and recover a 5th and 7th. Or try to move in to the 5th once we're in it. A draft without Jerry moving at least once just feels strange.

Correct. I'll be shocked and almost impressed if we don't make a trade. You know it's coming though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am hoping with come out of this with a safety.

Cash, Killebrew, Mills, Tyvis Powell, K.J. Dillon, D.J. Hunter, Will Parks.
Cash is a safety when he was being talked about as a second round pick I thought was crazy. But in the fourth round I'd love him. Basically he isn't going to be the ballhawk type I love but he is a really good SS type who could compliment Byron Jones perfectly back there as more of an enforcer type.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What are your thoughts on DJ White? I know before the draft I saw him on some highly underrated lists.
He is okay. He played like shit this past year, I don't know what the hell happened to him. He looked much better as a junior.

I was so out of it last night I didn't catch Gotsis going in the third. That shocked me, I thought his knee would turn people off until later. I think he's gonna be good in Denver.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cash is a safety when he was being talked about as a second round pick I thought was crazy. But in the fourth round I'd love him. Basically he isn't going to be the ballhawk type I love but he is a really good SS type who could compliment Byron Jones perfectly back there as more of an enforcer type.
Right now, we have three safeties under contract. The numbers dictate a choice.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I see that Bullard went after 67. I would rather have had him than Collins. I really shouldn't have gone and looked. Ugh.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We're going to come away from today with 2 CBs, a WR, a DE, and a QB. And either a LB or TE.

You know this. Accept it. We just don't know the order.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Now I feel better after seeing Le'Raven Clark went in the third.

RAIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom