2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Talk about a 180 on Jack.:lol

I know it's much different as 2nd rounder but you said none of this about him before.
It's way different as a second rounder compared to the fourth overall pick. I always would have been on board with him after say a trade down (Prior to the knee injury issues being known). It's like saying I wouldn't want Karl Joseph at 4. I absolutely love the guy but wouldn't have taken him at 4.

GShock

DCC 4Life
According to the infamous DVC our 2nd and 4th for their 3rd and 2017 1st...
I'd do it, another shot at that franchise QB next year...
Man, I'd be hard-pressed to drop out of the second altogether, even for the third and next year's first.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I mean Jack has elite, elite defensive potential. That's hard to pass up even with an injury risk. I'm really torn on the guy. To me the draft is all about truly impactful players. Those are the guys that ultimately make the difference on a franchise. Jack does have that type of potential. And man he can hit and hit hard. Not to mention cover. I really think he is the ideal WLBer in our defensive scheme.

But I'm not a doctor. If we take him I'll trust our medical staff and be thrilled.
If his knee is a temporary injury, then we take him and laugh while doing it.

I just think teams got a little scared, but the sharks will circle fast in the 2nd round. He'll probably go first.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

~wipes tear~

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If his knee is a temporary injury, then we take him and laugh while doing it.

I just think teams got a little scared, but the sharks will circle fast in the 2nd round. He'll probably go first.
Reminds me of Da'Quan Bowers few years back. Went from high first round potential to the second round because of concerns about his knee needing mircofracture surgery. I guess take out of that what you want though. Bowers has never lived up to the hype he had. But I don't know that it has anything to do with his knee limiting him. Some DE's just aren't what we thought they were. It's also probably why Clemson DE's worry me.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

~wipes tear~

Seriously? Pathetic, Philly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

~wipes tear~
:lol@ the Eagles.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ravens tried for No. 4 pick; Jalen Ramsey the target?
By Chris Wesseling
Around the NFL Writer

After the top two picks in Thursday night's draft, the Ravens knew the Chargers would select Joey Bosa and the Cowboys were listening to offers for the No. 4 overall pick.

"San Diego is taking Bosa," assistant general manager Eric DeCosta announced in Baltimore's war room. "Bosa was on the phone for two hours on Tuesday night with (Chargers Owner) Dean Spanos."

At that point, per vice president of public and community relations Kevin Byrne, Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome called the Cowboys with a proposal for the fourth pick.

When Dallas countered, Newsome replied, "No, we won't go there."

Who was Newsome's target? According to Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun, it was Florida State cornerback Jalen Ramsey, who went one pick later to the Jaguars.

Under Newsome, the Ravens' draft philosophy has been to target the best available player. Ramsey was obviously high on their board.

Unable to land Ramsey, Newsome ended up staying put and selecting Notre Dame left tackle Ronnie Stanley.

"We value our board," Newsome told reporters later in the evening, "and he was the highest player on our board when we picked."

Higher even than Laremy Tunsil, who slid after an unauthorized video -- showing the Ole Miss tackle wearing a gas mask and smoking through a bong -- was posted to his Twitter account.

Newsome promptly brought the video to the attention of owner Steve Bisciotti, as the two men worked under a large draft-room sign that reads, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior."

Asked if the video was a factor in Baltimore's decision, Newsome responded, "That's always a part anytime you get information. Our scouts get a lot of information. When things happen, a lot of times we're not surprised."

Ultimately, the Ravens stayed true to a board that had Stanley ranked among the top four players, per ESPN's Jamison Hensley.

"I want to place my red star on one of the top players on our board," pro personnel director Vincent Newsome told Byrne after the draft. "I look for the cleanest player among the best of the best. Ronnie is that. He has all the skills and physical attributes to be an outstanding NFL player. He kept improving at Notre Dame. He's a good person, and there are no blemishes in his history. He's what we want a Raven to be. That's why he earned my star."

5Ringzz

Brand New Member

:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Talk about a 180 on Jack.:lol

I know it's much different as 2nd rounder but you said none of this about him before.
Dunno about C-rock, but I feel exactly the same about him now as I always have.

Like Ramsey, you have to figure out where you play him.

Not interested.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dunno about C-rock, but I feel exactly the same about him now as I always have.

Like Ramsey, you have to figure out where you play him.
I don't think it's that difficult. You play him at WLBer and move Lee back to the middle. I don't care what happens with Rolando, he is on a one year deal here and is spacey as hell as it is. I honestly don't think his heart is in it most of the time anyway.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think it's that difficult. You play him at WLBer and move Lee back to the middle. I don't care what happens with Rolando, he is on a one year deal here and is spacey as hell as it is. I honestly don't think his heart is in it most of the time anyway.
Dallas doesn't think that way. They look at it as if they are "set" at WOLB and MLB.

Not a good thing when they have to shuffle people around and deal with difficult players like McClain.

I get how that could be a 2017 idea, but we don't operate in that kind of world.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We have to hit a homer and perhaps at least a double in these next two rounds.

Get a pass rusher and either a WR, CB or S and I am good.

I don't want a QB in these rounds, at all.

GShock

DCC 4Life
We have to hit a homer and perhaps at least a double in these next two rounds.

Get a pass rusher and either a WR, CB or S and I am good.

I don't want a QB in these rounds, at all.
Don't Fight Club this. DFDC knows what's coming in the third.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dallas doesn't think that way. They look at it as if they are "set" at WOLB and MLB.

Not a good thing when they have to shuffle people around and deal with difficult players like McClain.

I get how that could be a 2017 idea, but we don't operate in that kind of world.
What were we going to do with Ramsey then? Church and Carr are here for 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom