2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I am Cleve I am allover Jack, they are in a rebuilding phase and have plenty of draft picks he is a guy they can gamble on.
The counter argument is the Jack has a short shelf life. You might not want to waste it during rebuilding years.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Jack, Ragland and Smith... With the comp pick in the 4th if they're still there...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
With the doc saying he won't have to have surgery, how much does your interest in Jack go up?
Not much for me. That just means that the knee is reasonably well but a pounding on it from the rigors, of football might blow up the current status of the healed process. The type surgery he had depends on his knees staying healthy with reasonable activity.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
We've had enough bad luck with injury risks and drug risks for me to look at Jack or Spence at 34. There are too many other quality players available to take the risk. It doesn't matter how good these guys are when they're suspended or walking the sidelines on crutches. You don't see the best teams constantly gambling on these high risk/high reward players as much as we do.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
What if a shit team like the 49ers offered you their #1 in 2017 for 34 because they want Connor Cook?

You take that deal?

Top 5 pick next year?

I would

Likely won't happen

But

We still pick high in the 3rd

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
And we need DL in the worst way, but not sure I could shy away from Jack's potential.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And we need DL in the worst way, but not sure I could shy away from Jack's potential.
I mean Jack has elite, elite defensive potential. That's hard to pass up even with an injury risk. I'm really torn on the guy. To me the draft is all about truly impactful players. Those are the guys that ultimately make the difference on a franchise. Jack does have that type of potential. And man he can hit and hit hard. Not to mention cover. I really think he is the ideal WLBer in our defensive scheme.

But I'm not a doctor. If we take him I'll trust our medical staff and be thrilled.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jack is a top 10 prospect so you have to consider him but I think the fact that there are so many 1st round caliber guys left on the board (Robinson, Dodd, Reed, Ogbah, Billings) that are clean off the field/in terms of their health makes it difficult to pick him at 34.

If we were at 45 and most of those guys were gone I'd be much more about it, and even as it stands I'd be happy with the pick, it's just a roll of the dice when you have other very good prospects available who don't come with as much risk.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
What if a shit team like the 49ers offered you their #1 in 2017 for 34 because they want Connor Cook?

You take that deal?

Top 5 pick next year?

I would

Likely won't happen

But

We still pick high in the 3rd
They'd have to throw something else in, a first next year is regarded as a mid 2nd this year.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
They'd have to throw something else in, a first next year is regarded as a mid 2nd this year.
According to the infamous DVC our 2nd and 4th for their 3rd and 2017 1st...
I'd do it, another shot at that franchise QB next year...

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'm gonna throw Mackensie Alexander out there as someone they may be looking at. Rated highly a lot of places. Still available.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I mean Jack has elite, elite defensive potential. That's hard to pass up even with an injury risk. I'm really torn on the guy. To me the draft is all about truly impactful players. Those are the guys that ultimately make the difference on a franchise. Jack does have that type of potential. And man he can hit and hit hard. Not to mention cover. I really think he is the ideal WLBer in our defensive scheme.

But I'm not a doctor. If we take him I'll trust our medical staff and be thrilled.
Talk about a 180 on Jack.:lol

I know it's much different as 2nd rounder but you said none of this about him before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom