Rep. Steve Scalise and others shot at GOP baseball practice

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I never claimed they did.

In fact, I specifically mentioned these lies were "minor" in nature.

A nuisance more than anything.

They don't bother me. I just roll my eyes and keep moving.

However I do think he intentionally says outlandish things such as the Obama wiretap claim in order to string the media along or to distract the masses from other agendas he's working on the side. Basically using it as a form of misdirection and deception.
What is not minor nature is the media putting out impeach level lies and half-truths. That is far more damaging than the idiocy that Trump tweets out as far as our country's security is concerned.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Can't wait until the media finds something wrong with what he said. I doubt it will take long.
If they do it proves the theory.

That was actually fucking Presidental.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I wish he would shut his mouth and deal with issues that need to be addressed but he won't. That's just his nature. I scream at him as much as anyone for his motor mouth and his egotistical outbreaks.
Complete bullshit if you were asked a month ago. Especially if this were when he took office.

Progress. At least we are working at it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was intentionally dishonest? :lol I am sure it was more of a slip up, moronic all the same because it isn't even close.

Statistics say 93 a day I am thinking that is what he was trying to say, but it is so much more convenient to say he was being intentionally dishonest
Yeah I don't think he was necessarily being intentionally dishonest. I think people were probably feeding him statistics and he was too dumb to realize how ridiculous 93 million a day is. Most of us don't just accidentally throw the word million in there. So it's not just a slip of the tongue either.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah I don't think he was necessarily being intentionally dishonest. I think people were probably feeding him statistics and he was too dumb to realize how ridiculous 93 million a day is. Most of us don't just accidentally throw the word million in there. So it's not just a slip of the tongue either.
If you look up the actual statistic one source states 93 per day. He apparently has dealt with hyperbole too much.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you look up the actual statistic one source states 93 per day. He apparently has dealt with hyperbole too much.
Yeah, from everything I've looked up 93 per day is also a bullshit high statistic.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Yeah, from everything I've looked up 93 per day is also a bullshit high statistic.
When you consider suicides, murders, accidental deaths, shootings by law enforcement across this entire country, etc. where there are more guns in circulation than there are people, I doubt if it is off by much.

This is likely an average number of deaths (per day) based on the total deaths in a year.

I could see making the mistake, it would be interesting to know, if the broadcast it was on corrected him, or if he since corrected himself. The clip was short.

Cotton

Staff member
So, 4 of those 7 are pretty much just stating what the 2nd amendment was meant for. Big whoop.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wait a damn minute... it just dawned on me. Are you trying to imply that Republicans incited a Democrat to shoot Republicans?
It seems to be saying that Republican congressmen are more likely to shoot another Congressman than anyone else. Even more so than the actual shooter.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
It didn't really occur to me at the time of this incident but I realized later that Illinois State Rep Rodney Davis was one of the people on the field during that shooting. According to an article I read he was batting when the first shot rang out and managed to get to a dugout and then to a nearby apartment complex to avoid being shot. I knew Rodney in college because he went to Millikin University and was in the same fraternity as a couple of my best friends from high school (he was the "big brother"—fratboyspeak for mentor within the fraternity during the pledge process—for one of them). I spent many weekends at that house and got to know him fairly well back then. He had a bit of a mullet and a really pathetic excuse for a mustache in the early 90s but other than that he was a real good guy, even if he is a Republican. :unsure

Anyway, CSB, just glad he was able to avoid being wounded.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
Good news.

Top Bottom