Rep. Steve Scalise and others shot at GOP baseball practice

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well said.
My guess is some faction of people will take offense to the fact that he focused his prayers on the congressman and didn't pass along his regret and thoughts to the aides that were shot.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Can't wait until the media finds something wrong with what he said. I doubt it will take long.
Using his rhetoric from the campaign, I like congressman who aren't shot.

I apologize that wasn't appropriate. I didn't find anything wrong with what he said. Good Job Trump.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
We won't have to worry about any of this after Sunday, we'll all be dead according to Terry McAuliffe

Cotton

Staff member
We won't have to worry about any of this after Sunday, we'll all be dead according to Terry McAuliffe
93 million people a day lost to gun violence. :lol

Try to be better, governor.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

Our population will be decimated to zero in a week.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Supposedly the dude took like 50 shots per Rand Paul.

Obviously the guy was a lousy marksman. Even an off his ass drunk hunter can do better.

Cotton

Staff member
That's moronic like when your governor joked about shooting reporters.
One was joking and one was serious. So, exactly the same thing but completely different.

Cotton

Staff member
Both equally moronic, right? One stupid moronic, one scary moronic.
It was a stupid thing for him to say, obviously, but it wasn't malicious in any manner unlike mister I'm going to use outrageously dishonest numbers to try to prove a point.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
My guess is some faction of people will take offense to the fact that he focused his prayers on the congressman and didn't pass along his regret and thoughts to the aides that were shot.

Somehow I doubt you were heaping high praise on Obama the many times he made similar statements following tragedies of this nature.

But carry on.

Cotton

Staff member

Somehow I doubt you were heaping high praise on Obama the many times he made similar statements following tragedies of this nature.

But carry on.
I was more referring to Trump not being able to sneeze without it being the lead story on CNN with some sort of plot twist. That didn't happen with Obama.

And, I wasn't talking about me or the general public, but the media.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was referring to the general populace.

You can't sit here and tell me that the turd flinging is not out of control. And it is most certainly not one good side and one evil. It has gotten downright idiotic how it literally has become a hobby for a lot of people to run around and bash the polar opposite of their political belief system.

It is one thing to bitch about the President and elected officials. It is another to have it be a daily event. And honestly, it is provoked. Neither side has any interest in taking a moment off and to just actually think before they shit out whatever stupid, insipid idea they have in their head at the moment.

It just goes to prove people are not capable of handling the responsibility of social media. Every swinging dick asshole and whiner has a voice.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was more referring to Trump not being able to sneeze without it being the lead story on CNN with some sort of plot twist. That didn't happen with Obama.
Trump has done nothing to take the high road and rise above it though either. The media may have kissed Obama's ass, but then again he did not take daily pot shots at media outlets he doesn't like.

2233boys

Not So New Member
It was a stupid thing for him to say, obviously, but it wasn't malicious in any manner unlike mister I'm going to use outrageously dishonest numbers to try to prove a point.
It was intentionally dishonest? :lol I am sure it was more of a slip up, moronic all the same because it isn't even close.

Statistics say 93 a day I am thinking that is what he was trying to say, but it is so much more convenient to say he was being intentionally dishonest

Cotton

Staff member
It was intentionally dishonest? :lol I am sure it was more of a slip up, moronic all the same because it isn't even close.

Statistics say 93 a day I am thinking that is what he was trying to say, but it is so much more convenient to say he was being intentionally dishonest
It's not just more convenient, it's more honest. People like him are used to shading the truth to try to drive their agenda. If it was a slip up it's just because he is so used to using hyperbole.

Cotton

Staff member
Trump has done nothing to take the high road and rise above it though either. The media may have kissed Obama's ass, but then again he did not take daily pot shots at media outlets he doesn't like.
For no better of way of putting it than in the words of a 6 year old, the media started it. Has he said some stupid shit, well yeah. Does he deserve to have his every move not only ridiculed, but also falsified and lied about? Uhh, no. It's to the point of ridiculous now. It's gotten so bad the media and his counterparts are having make up ridiculous shit because they have nothing but the some of the dumb shit he tweets, and those tweets are harmless in the grand scheme of things.

Top Bottom