2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Here is how Brugler has the top of the second shaking out:

32. Cleveland Browns: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA

I'm not sure the Browns would take Jack here, but good chance Cleveland deals this pick with Jack being a possible option.

33. Tennessee Titans: Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State

The Titans are searching for an upgrade at safety and have done their homework on the Ohio State defensive back.

34. Dallas Cowboys: Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State

After going running back in round one, the Cowboys likely address the pass rush here and Ogbah is on the short list.
I hope so. Schein nailed the pick yesterday, saying the Cowboys will take Elliott. Today he's saying the Cowboys will take Hackenberg at 34.

:skurred

GShock

DCC 4Life
It would be odd if it was Ogbah, given that Dodd was a pre-draft invitee and how strong the correlation is on visits/draft picks.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, I don't like that. Too much talent there to give up picks to move up 2 spots. Just take what makes it to ya.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
i'd go apeshit if its spence. he's the guy i want and would be used as a rotational DE in our system. that being said: don't trade up dumb dumbs there is 2 other solid DE prospects available

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
i'd go apeshit if its spence. he's the guy i want and would be used as a rotational DE in our system. that being said: don't trade up dumb dumbs there is 2 other solid DE prospects available
All we'd have to do is rotate when all of our crackhead passrushers serve their suspensions.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I would love it but would be surprised with another drug issue DE in the second. To me he is the best rush player in the draft.
Yeah, I mean it isn't the same situation as Gregory failing a test during the Combine, but given the situation with Gregory and Lawrence this does not seem like the wisest choice, particularly if they trade up:

"Treated for drug addiction and banned for life from Big Ten after failed drug tests in 2013 and 2014. Arrested in May of 2015 for alcohol intoxication and second*-degree disorderly conduct"

Broaddus has been very high on Spence's talent this entire offseason. Obviously a pass rusher is a big need but why risk Spence? If that is what they do then they must have him awfully high on their board.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So you think they are the same? Why is that?
I didn't say they were the same. I would take Ogbah before I would Dodd, but I don't see a big enough difference to use multiple picks to get one over the other.

Cotton

Staff member
Werder reportedly saying its Spence that we are after.
I hope not. I mean, if he keeps his nose clean, he will be a very good player, but I don't want to risk that again.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Ogbah disappeared for long stretches last year, though. He wasn't nearly as dominant as he should have been given his talent.

But we love the measurables guys now, so I wouldn't doubt it. Plus you can never doubt Jerry's Okie connections. Tapper is another Oklahoma measurables guy I'd have looked out for, although I'm sure we'll fill that need now.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
This place.

Any chance to bitch and moan and people are all over it.:lol
you would not hear any complaints from me if we get a DE right here. This would be one of the best drafts (combined with last year) that I could ever remember

Cotton

Staff member

GShock

DCC 4Life
The optics of drafting a guy with a drug history to fill your need at DE created by guys with drug histories who have been suspended for drug use are... interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom