Cowboys will wear navy jerseys at home more often

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys will wear navy jerseys at home more often
By Dan Hanzus
End Around Writer

Published: June 13, 2017 at 01:05 p.m. Updated: June 13, 2017 at 01:39 p.m.
When Jerry Jones bought the Dallas Cowboys in 1989 for $140 million -- in business terms this is known as a strong return on investment -- he was buying into both the team and the brand.

And make no mistake, the Cowboys -- with their winning history and iconic single star helmet -- are among the best brands in American professional sports. Three Super Bowl titles in the '90s further established that, and Jones continues to cultivate it as he approaches his 30th year running the show.

One way to build the brand is through the team's instantly recognizable uniform. Jones has always seen the Cowboys' home kit as the NFL equivalent of the New York Yankees' iconic home pinstripes; it's the reason why you rarely see Dallas in anything other than their metallic silver pants, white top, and royal blue numbering when playing at home.

That could be changing, however. The Cowboys' navy blue road uniforms are much more popular in the retail market and many of the players prefer those uniforms as well, according to Cowboys equipment director Mike McCord. That will lead to a noticeable change this season.

"We'll incorporate navy a little bit more," McCord told FOX Sports. "You've already seen the last couple of years where we started wearing navy at home on Thanksgiving, and that's all kind of in relation to the Color Rush uniform. We've had some success wearing that uniform at home, so I think we'll see a little more of it."

McCord said the dark jersey tops will show up for some high-profile games at JerrahWorld this fall. 'Tis a dark day for uniform purists.

Just for you, [MENTION=15]pdom[/MENTION].

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
not a fan of this, but if it keeps those shitty green pants off the field more often ...

dallen

Senior Tech
I secretly prefer the blue jerseys, but I am too ashamed to admit it publicly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I secretly prefer the blue jerseys, but I am too ashamed to admit it publicly.
I preferred the old royal blue cursed blues, even though we lost like every game we played in them.

data

Forbes #1
We might as well move to San Diego. Fuck this. NOT MY UNIFORM

Tex Schramm is rolling in his grave. It's like Jerruh fired Landry all over again.

Whats with Jerruh and this playoff/big game jersey thing? He tried it in the 90s already. Is he traumatized from wearing rolled-up overalls and straw hat to prom or something?

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
McCord states that this move originates from the Color Rush program. M'fer. Volcanic eruption hate.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
Out of all our road jerseys, our current iteration is my least favorite. My favorite is 70s bad luck blues first, next is 60s throwback doublestar with white helmets, then Danny white era with gray numbers and then our current ones.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Out of all our road jerseys, our current iteration is my least favorite. My favorite is 70s bad luck blues first, next is 60s throwback doublestar with white helmets, then Danny white era with gray numbers and then our current ones.
Danny White era started some blue jersey wins at RFK.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Nope, Cowboys won't be wearing their navy blue uniforms at home more often

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter:mad:SportsDayDFW
UPDATE 11:30 a.m. June 14: On Wednesday morning, the Cowboys' top PR guy Rich Dalrymple told reporters to go ahead an ignore whatever you heard from the team's equipment director. The Cowboys won't wear the blue uniform at home any more often than they have been.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/06/13/cowboys-thinking-wearing-navy-blue-uniforms-home-often

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nope, Cowboys won't be wearing their navy blue uniforms at home more often

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter:mad:SportsDayDFW
UPDATE 11:30 a.m. June 14: On Wednesday morning, the Cowboys' top PR guy Rich Dalrymple told reporters to go ahead an ignore whatever you heard from the team's equipment director. The Cowboys won't wear the blue uniform at home any more often than they have been.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/06/13/cowboys-thinking-wearing-navy-blue-uniforms-home-often
The team is in shambles!!! No one knows what's going on! :panic

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Damnit.

I love our blue uniforms and I hate that we only see them on average about once a year.

I really wish the NFL would just make everyone wear white at home so all teams were forced to wear dark on the road.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I don't really GAS one way or the other even though the Cowboys used to be one of the only teams to wear white jerseys at home and the darker ones on the road once in awhile. For most teams it was the other way around but convention went out the window awhile ago. If I remember right.

As long as they aren't those cruddy pale blue ones with the greenish blue pants.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
apparently, we'll be wearing blue at the Giants this season

Top Bottom