Cowboys' 2018 NFL Draft Bid Reportedly Could Be Impacted by Texas Bathroom Bill

BipolarFuk

Demoted
A July meeting of Texas legislators to discuss a bill that prevents protection for transgender students from using the bathroom of the gender with which they identify could have an impact on the Dallas Cowboys' hopes to host the 2018 NFL draft.

Per David Moore of the Dallas Morning News, if House Bill 2899 passes, the Cowboys could miss out on hosting next year's draft.

"The timing of the NFL's decision isn't tied to the Texas legislative schedule, which begins its special session July 18," Moore wrote. "The league has awarded the draft in August, September and October the last three years. But the timetable works to the league's advantage by letting the issue play out without inserting itself into what has become a contentious public debate."

As Moore noted, the Cowboys have already made a pitch to host the draft in April.

Per the Daily Beast's Samantha Allen, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott called for the state's legislature to reconvene for a special session with the hope of passing the controversial bill.

"The law to which Abbott was referring, HB 2899, would bar school districts and municipalities from implementing restroom protections for transgender students," Allen wrote. "If passed, it would land at a time when federal court victories have been stacking up for transgender students who have been denied restroom rights."

North Carolina passed a similar bill in March 2016 that nullified certain protections for transgender people. In response to the bill, the NBA moved the 2017 All-Star Game from Charlotte, North Carolina, to New Orleans, and the Atlantic Coast Conference relocated championship events in eight sports out of the state.

In March, North Carolina lawmakers repealed the bathroom bill.

The 2018 NFL draft is scheduled for April 26-28, with the location still to be determined.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A July meeting of Texas legislators to discuss a bill that prevents protection for transgender students from using the bathroom of the gender with which they identify could have an impact on the Dallas Cowboys' hopes to host the 2018 NFL draft.

Per David Moore of the Dallas Morning News, if House Bill 2899 passes, the Cowboys could miss out on hosting next year's draft.

"The timing of the NFL's decision isn't tied to the Texas legislative schedule, which begins its special session July 18," Moore wrote. "The league has awarded the draft in August, September and October the last three years. But the timetable works to the league's advantage by letting the issue play out without inserting itself into what has become a contentious public debate."

As Moore noted, the Cowboys have already made a pitch to host the draft in April.

Per the Daily Beast's Samantha Allen, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott called for the state's legislature to reconvene for a special session with the hope of passing the controversial bill.

"The law to which Abbott was referring, HB 2899, would bar school districts and municipalities from implementing restroom protections for transgender students," Allen wrote. "If passed, it would land at a time when federal court victories have been stacking up for transgender students who have been denied restroom rights."

North Carolina passed a similar bill in March 2016 that nullified certain protections for transgender people. In response to the bill, the NBA moved the 2017 All-Star Game from Charlotte, North Carolina, to New Orleans, and the Atlantic Coast Conference relocated championship events in eight sports out of the state.

In March, North Carolina lawmakers repealed the bathroom bill.

The 2018 NFL draft is scheduled for April 26-28, with the location still to be determined.
Yeah, I wouldn't be comfortable with my child who could be 14 years old having another student who is 14 and born a boy going in the girls bathroom with my child. Say what people want but that just seems like a bad idea to me. Especially since children don't have their parents around at school. If that means the Cowboys would miss out on hosting the draft then shame on the NFL. I know we have had the transgender debate on here many times and I'm all about living and let live. I could care less if a transgender person wants to share a bathroom with myself but I see nothing wrong with a law like this with regards to schools.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
WGAS? Let them host it somewhere else.

Cotton

Staff member
Agree. It's of no concern to forfeit certain ideals for a one time event.
It would be monumentally stupid to do so. And there is no way Abbot will do that.

Cotton

Staff member
Easy for us to say. That's a ton of money the city misses out on.
I get your point, but sometimes you just don't compromise your values for any amount of money.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
When's the last time the NFL or NBA threatened to boycott a state because of a law that pissed off conservatives?

marsbennett

Brand New Member
Fuck um. It hurt the ACC. SJW BS is killing ESPN. Let um learn the hard way

townsend

Banned
Blah, even the football threads here are starting to look more like a Brietbart article's comment thread.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'm sick of this whole "I identify as" garbage, you are either one gender or the other. If you have a dick, you have a dick and wearing a dress doesn't make you woman.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm sick of this whole "I identify as" garbage, you are either one gender or the other. If you have a dick, you have a dick and wearing a dress doesn't make you woman.
Sounds right to me.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yep, as the climate change torchbearers like to say, the science is settled

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Simplistic. Out of billions of people, nature occasionally gets it wrong. Those few are mentally wired for a different gender than their bodies' actual genitalia. You can literally see the differences on a brain scan.

It's real, but some people refuse to accept that because it's different than their experience dictates. It's the same mentality that refuses to believe homosexuality occurs naturally. Homosexuality is more common, of course so it's become more accepted (barely).

I have a long time friend who was physically male but had always been female on th inside. She tortured herself her whole life living a lie until recently surgery gave her the opportunity to become female.

She no longer has a dick and balls and looks like a woman. She's not a pervert of any kind. She's a real person.

You want to make her use the men's room just because you hate the idea that someone like her could exist? Or just because you have hate, period? Think about it.

That line of thinking is in exactly the same vein as homophobia.

You can hide behind the idea that you don't want perverts using this law to dress up as women at football games so they can somehow jump girls in the ladies room, but that idea is absurd if you really think about someone trying to pull that off.

Hate, close-mindedness, homo-phobia, ignorance, or just string discomfort with "different" people. It's probably one of the above.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Simplistic. Out of billions of people, nature occasionally gets it wrong. Those few are mentally wired for a different gender than their bodies' actual genitalia. You can literally see the differences on a brain scan.

It's real, but some people refuse to accept that because it's different than their experience dictates. It's the same mentality that refuses to believe homosexuality occurs naturally. Homosexuality is more common, of course so it's become more accepted (barely).

I have a long time friend who was physically male but had always been female on th inside. She tortured herself her whole life living a lie until recently surgery gave her the opportunity to become female.

She no longer has a dick and balls and looks like a woman. She's not a pervert of any kind. She's a real person.

You want to make her use the men's room just because you hate the idea that someone like her could exist? Or just because you have hate, period? Think about it.

You can hide behind the idea that you don't want perverts using this law to dress up as women at football games so they can somehow jump girls in the ladies room, but that idea is absurd if you really think about someone trying to pull that off.

Hate, close-mindedness, homo-phobia, ignorance, or just string discomfort with "different" people. It's probably one of the above.
I think all of us understand that nature screws the pooch albeit a rarity but there's something suspicious about this in that suddenly in the very recent past there is an outbreak of declared nature screw ups but it is only seemingly materialized as a mental state. The normal genetic and gender plumbing is in tact but the nature screw up only shows up in in the mind.

Last edited:

Bluestar71

Brand New Member

Your friend has become a woman physically which is completely different than simply declaring yourself a different gender when you physically aren't. And the idea of male perverts dressing up like women simply to "jump girls in the ladies room" is hardly absurd. It's already happened. https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/07/13/man-dressed-as-woman-caught-taking-pictures-of-woman-in-target-dressing-room/

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I get that some people may have the identity issue and may "legitimately" feel that way.

But this has gone too far. Now there are little snowflakes running around "identifying" as gender fluid and shit. Sorry, that is a bunch of bullshit.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Your friend has become a woman physically which is completely different than simply declaring yourself a different gender when you physically aren't. And the idea of male perverts dressing up like women simply to "jump girls in the ladies room" is hardly absurd. It's already happened. https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/07/13/man-dressed-as-woman-caught-taking-pictures-of-woman-in-target-dressing-room/
Yeah this crap is f'ed, so you crack down on it. Make it a fricking felony, it will die down fast.

But the bathroom law as proposed wouldn't allow my friend to use the ladies room because of the birth certificate bs. She's a woman in every way but birth.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Yeah this crap is f'ed, so you crack down on it. Make it a fricking felony, it will die down fast.

But the bathroom law as proposed wouldn't allow my friend to use the ladies room because of the birth certificate bs. She's a woman in every way but birth.
Ok, so I'll be the one to ask the pressing question on everyone's mind.

Would you hit it?

Top Bottom