Adam West hangs up his Batman cape for the last time

DLK150

DCC 4Life
:sad

Adam West, the ardent actor who managed to keep his tongue in cheek while wearing the iconic cowl of the Caped Crusader on the classic 1960s series Batman, has died. He was 88.

West, who was at the pinnacle of pop culture after Batman debuted in January 1966, only to see his career fall victim to typecasting after the ABC show flamed out, died Friday night in Los Angeles after a short battle with leukemia, a family spokesperson said.

West died peacefully surrounded by his family and is survived by his wife Marcelle, six children, five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adam-west-dead-batman-star-832264

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sad day. RIP

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Sad day. RIP
I lived for that show when I was a kid. My mother used to tell stories of my hyper ass jumping around the furniture going nananana Batman!

Those cheesy Halloween costumes with the hard plastic masks that you could barely see or breathe out of that came in a cardboard box? I wore that sucker several years for trick or treating until it couldn't be worn any longer.

Last edited:

Jo Bob Priddy

Brand New Member

‘Batman’ star Adam West had sex with eight women a night

By Grant Rollings, The Sun

June 12, 2017 | 2:34pm

Holy family viewing, Batman — it turns out the Caped Crusader’s fetching satin pants spent a lot of time on the floor.

Adam West, who died on Saturday at age 88, became a TV legend for his camped-up portrayal of the hero in the ’60s.

But behind the mask was a sex-mad actor who slept with up to eight women a night — and turned to booze when the show was axed.

He and co-star Burt Ward, who played sidekick Robin, also romped with eager groupies in their dressing rooms in between scenes.

In fact, West discovered the only limits to his bedroom batpowers were those caused by his famous costume.

The actor explained years later: “Because of the physical limitations of the costume, you gotta have quickies.”

And he had an awful lot of them, as well as dates with fellow stars including actress sisters Natalie and Lana Wood, and Raquel Welch.

West explained: “Burt and I were like kids in a candy store. It was the Swinging Sixties with free love and women threw themselves at us. I remember one night with eight different women. Orgy is a harsh word, but it was eight at one time. I’d have young female co-stars in my dressing room at 7:45 in the morning.”

In fact, West did once turn up at what he described as an “orgy” in Hollywood with Frank Gorshin, who played “Batman” baddie The Riddler.

more

http://pagesix.com/2017/06/12/batman...ium=SocialFlow

Top Bottom