Cowboys QB coach Wade Wilson says Colin Kaepernick should be in the NFL

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys QB coach Wade Wilson says Colin Kaepernick should be in the NFL

Jon Schlosser

Posted 1 day ago

The Dallas Cowboys don’t need former 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick as a starter, of course, with QB Dak Prescott set to potentially lead this team for a decade. But they did bring in former Giants QB Ryan Nassib.

“If you were really trying to unearth a second guy, wouldn’t you be calling Colin Kaepernick?” asked Mike Fisher, the Cowboys Insider for 105.3 The Fan. He was speculating that the only reason the Cowboys were working out Nassib was to see if he could hold down the No. 3 QB job.

Fisher then went on to praise Cowboys QB coach Wade Wilson, relating a quote that Wilson gave him about the Kaepernick situation.

“Personally, do I think [Kaepernick is unemployed] because of some of the stuff that he’s done? Yes,” Wilson said. “Is that unfair or fair? I don’t know. But it’s real. Colin Kaepernick is a talented guy. He’s taken a team to a Super Bowl. He’s talented enough to be on a team.”

“At least Wade Wilson of the Cowboys is being honest,” Fisher said.

Even so, he had another theory for why Kaepernick wasn’t employed, which was essentially that he wasn’t quite talented enough to be the starter, but that he was good enough to cause a QB controversy.

“[Maybe it’s] not that Kaepernick’s a problem because of the anthem,” Fisher said. “but that he’s just good enough to create problems for the young QB you’re trying to have be in charge.”

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Wait, I didn't know that Whitlock hates SJWs...I thought I hated this guy...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wait, I didn't know that Whitlock hates SJWs...I thought I hated this guy...
It's a different Whitlock you hate. It isn't Jason.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

shane

DCC 4Life
Whitlock is all over the place. I've heard him criticize the black community on many occasions and other times sound like a racist black nationalist. I like his takes though generally.

As far as Kaepernick, I wouldn't mind him as a backup if it wasn't for all of his political, attention whoring BS.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Whitlock is all over the place. I've heard him criticize the black community on many occasions and other times sound like a racist black nationalist. I like his takes though generally.

As far as Kaepernick, I wouldn't mind him as a backup if it wasn't for all of his political, attention whoring BS.
Jerry would love the parade of attention it would bring.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jerry would love the parade of attention it would bring.
Kaep is cancer to a team. Whether he intends it or not his political agenda totally takes away from the real goal of the team which is winning games. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team for that reason. Physically he has the talent to be a very good backup here. But his attitude is a terrible fit for this young team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I agree. He catches a lot of flak for not being on the side of what many would consider "pro-black" and he takes a lot of shit for his takes.

As for Kaepernick, he does make primitive sense if you can get past how Joe Cowboy Fan would get upset and him being some sort of Afro-Commie.

He could step into our offense and run the read option with no problems.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kaep is cancer to a team. Whether he intends it or not his political agenda totally takes away from the real goal of the team which is winning games. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team for that reason. Physically he has the talent to be a very good backup here. But his attitude is a terrible fit for this young team.
The majority of his teammates have defended his "cancer" rep. I think he would be a huge huge distraction though. If that is the same thing as a "cancer", I get it.

I think it is bullshit right now to consider him "blackballed" because he is black. I think he is a political hot potato that most teams don't want to deal with from a PR perspective.

And that is a direct result of people getting obsessed about him kneeling. It is an ideological issue, without question. I don't think he is a "cancer" in the way his political beliefs disrupt teams from winning games any more than a real criminal or true shithead doing dope, getting suspended etc. would be.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It actually could be this Whitlock, but I'm pretty sure the one I hated, at least, his name started with an R.
Not sure what Whitlock you hated, but if it was a result of sports writer themed work, pretty much has to be him.

He has changed over the years and he has been doing it for quite a while. He might have been a little more "militant" in the past, but right now he is pretty much a guy that speaks in tones that seem to enflame more black people as he is very reluctant to be a crusader. That might be his angle, I don't know.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The majority of his teammates have defended his "cancer" rep. I think he would be a huge huge distraction though. If that is the same thing as a "cancer", I get it.
A person who cares more about politics than winning football games is a cancer. You can call it a distraction if you prefer but to me that's a cancer. It's just not the type of cancer teammates will call out because they support his cause, so they think what he is doing is noble.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A person who cares more about politics than winning football games is a cancer. You can call it a distraction if you prefer but to me that's a cancer. It's just not the type of cancer teammates will call out because they support his cause, so they think what he is doing is noble.
Has he said that? Again his teammates have never said it got in the way of his competitiveness.

I am not apologizing for him, but with the waifs Jerry takes on, I am wondering if he would just be another. And fucking Kellen Moore being a bum ankle from making a start terrifies me more than him pissing Joe Six Pack off.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has he said that? Again his teammates have never said it got in the way of his competitiveness.

I am not apologizing for him, but with the waifs Jerry takes on, I am wondering if he would just be another. And fucking Kellen Moore being a bum ankle from making a start terrifies me more than him pissing Joe Six Pack off.
Jerry won't take him on because the Cowboys as an organization have taken a strong stance of supporting the fallen officers of Dallas. It's sort of a stark contrast to BLM.

And he doesn't have to say he cares more about politics than winning football games. When you make your entire season about taking a knee during the national anthem your actions speak loud enough.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I hope he never plays for the Cowboys. First, I don't think he's that good. Second, I think he's a piece of shit that is more concerned with making a scene than playing football. And I'm not even really talking about the kneeling stupidity. That's just a small part of it. I'm more talking about when he wore his little piggy/cop socks the day after all those cops were shot. Then there's his whole Che Guevara idiocy while trying to say he's fighting for equal rights and against oppression. Really?

It would be a constant media circus from the minute he signed with the team. We don't need that kind of retarded shit in the locker room. Certainly not for a JAG like him.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
If we had to win a game to get into the playoffs, then Dak would be back, who would you rather have?

Colin or the shrimp we have backing up now?

I think I'd go with Colin.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hope he never plays for the Cowboys. First, I don't think he's that good. Second, I think he's a piece of shit that is more concerned with making a scene than playing football. And I'm not even really talking about the kneeling stupidity. That's just a small part of it. I'm more talking about when he wore his little piggy/cop socks the day after all those cops were shot. Then there's his whole Che Guevara idiocy while trying to say he's fighting for equal rights and against oppression. Really?

It would be a constant media circus from the minute he signed with the team. We don't need that kind of retarded shit in the locker room. Certainly not for a JAG like him.
No, I think it is a bad idea for Dallas to sign him. I thought Seattle would be his deal, but apparently not for now.

But at the end of the day, if, big if, just skill and ability matter, he is empirically better than Kellen Moore could be on his best day.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If we had to win a game to get into the playoffs, then Dak would be back, who would you rather have?

Colin or the shrimp we have backing up now?

I think I'd go with Colin.
You don't know what you would get though if you inserted him now.

My big thing with him is that he is going on doing what he is doing.

I get he is being all socially brave, but if he said publically he would take the pro minimum to play,

That is on him. He may be "discriminated" against, but he is in a position to do something about it.

Instead, he is silent and now, a victim.

If he believes his deal, state it. Hell, we don't even know if he wants to play football.

But that doesn't stop the attention on his behalf that the NFL is blackballing him.

Sure, it is happening. But he is not even trying to make himself attractive to team's that might buck the trend.

Top Bottom