MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I had never heard that story. Pretty damn cool.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That was some lazy security. How were they able to get in the field for so long?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fuck you, Kevin Jepsen. Just... Fuck you.

Two more blown saves the last two nights. Would a blown rotator cuff be too much to ask?

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Even with the stink known as Kevin Jepsen the last couple days, the Twins have managed to win both games in walk off fashion. As happy as I know you all are about that, I have even better news for you...

Quite possibly the greatest pitching prospect of our time is being called up. Jose Berrios will be making his major league debut tomorrow. Now, as exciting as I know this must be for everybody, let's keep in mind he is just a rookie. And a 21 year old rookie at that. So while he will probably walk away with rookie of the year, we will probably have to wait until next year for the Cy Young and MVP. Exciting times indeed.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You guys think Cy Young's 511 career wins is in reach for him or am I being a little too overly optimistic? Maybe Walter Johnson's 417 is a little more realistic goal.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well it looks like all my professional sports teams are going to have disappointing seasons.

FML.:budd

Carp

DCC 4Life
You guys think Cy Young's 511 career wins is in reach for him or am I being a little too overly optimistic? Maybe Walter Johnson's 417 is a little more realistic goal.
He could possibly pass Cy Young, but no way is he surpassing Syndergaard and his 600 wins.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
All BS aside, I am nervous as a whore in church for Berrios' start tonight. He's the first ace caliber pitcher the Twins have had since Johan Santana. Even if he struggles a bit tonight, I'll be ok. Just don't get shelled. Confidence is huge.

I've probably jinxed him now, though. Karma loves mule kicking me in the sack.

D

Deuce

Dee Gordon gets 80 games for PEDs. Damn.

Oh, and [MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION] ...Kipnis and Forsyth are both available if you need them. :)

Carp

DCC 4Life
All BS aside, I am nervous as a whore in church for Berrios' start tonight. He's the first ace caliber pitcher the Twins have had since Johan Santana. Even if he struggles a bit tonight, I'll be ok. Just don't get shelled. Confidence is huge.

I've probably jinxed him now, though. Karma loves mule kicking me in the sack.
I hear ya...I felt that way when I watched Harvey...and deGrom, and Syndergaard...and Wheeler...and Matz.

Rev

Staff member
It's the first Toronto series and I wonder who is going to be first to bean Bautista.

Cotton

Staff member
It's the first Toronto series and I wonder who is going to be first to bean Bautista.
I hope they bean that bat flippin' MFer twice.

Cotton

Staff member
And then his 3rd at bat, he'll hit a HR and literally flip his bat into the Rangers dugout.
It will be well worth it.

Rev

Staff member
Sign Vicente Padilla for a 1 day contract. That guy is bat shit crazy. He won't flip a bat at him.

Top Bottom