Garrett On Ramsey...

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Elliot would have AP type numbers behind this offensive line. AP would have AP X 3 type numbers behind this offensive line

Carp

DCC 4Life
Elliot would have AP type numbers behind this offensive line. AP would have AP X 3 type numbers behind this offensive line
To finish this point can you please reference what Barry Sanders would do behind the Cowboys 90s o-line.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If I was predicting the next Peterson it would be Fournette in next years draft. The talk about Elliott as the best back since Peterson just seems wrong to me. And I wonder how many times that gets said for the top back. I'm sure Richardson was the best back since Peterson too when he went high. Or Ryan Matthews, CJ Spiller, Knowshon Moreno, Darren McFadden and Jonathan Stewart.

I was always worried about Gurley's injury history but as a pure runner I think he was clearly better then Elliott.
It's all about fit.

Great backs seem to be going to retard organizations lately.

Emmitt is a great example of a very good talent with a champion's heart who went to a (at the time) great organization that took care of him and made sure his efforts were rewarded with whatever it took to build a championship team around him.

Emmitt made people around him better. I look for the same in a player like Elliott or Buckner.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
If I was predicting the next Peterson it would be Fournette in next years draft. The talk about Elliott as the best back since Peterson just seems wrong to me. And I wonder how many times that gets said for the top back. I'm sure Richardson was the best back since Peterson too when he went high. Or Ryan Matthews, CJ Spiller, Knowshon Moreno, Darren McFadden and Jonathan Stewart.

I was always worried about Gurley's injury history but as a pure runner I think he was clearly better then Elliott.
Complete back..

That's considering run, catch... And most importantly BLOCK.

Not just physically.. But understand & react instinctively to blitz protections.

Many RBs.. Even the great ones often struggle with blitz protections etc

Some guys are just instinctive and able to process it. Many solid backs won't see the field or meaningful touched if they can't protect.

Hell, Melvin Gordon was pretty much benched for that along with fumbling.. On multiple occasions.

Elliott a stud at blitz recognition & blocking.. Due to his responsibilities in college..and yes even better than Gurley

Hence "best complete back" since AP

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
4500 yards? Holy shit. Our Oline is f'n awesome!
haha i was being sarcastic, however I think Elliot's numbers would obviously be inflated. He's gonna be a good player but I think he's looking at an Eddie George type of career. Better than most, not great

He is nowhere near the talent of AP

Jiggyfly

Banned
I said that based on the reporters I hear talking about the Dallas pick never mention a trade down as a possibility. Obviously that's not the be all end all, but in contrast the Titans and Browns were both known to be shopping their picks.

I don't think there's any interest now that the QBs aren't a possibility at 4. I can't remember who, but one of the reporters was saying the phones have been pretty silent in the top 5 since the eagles moved up.

I know if I was another team there wouldn't be any player at 4 I'd be worried about missing out on.

I heard the other day Mcshay had 2 elite players in last year's draft - Winston and Williams. This year he has none graded as elite. I think probably most teams feel similarly. Which means there isn't enough drop off from the top players in this draft to the next tier to justify giving up assets in a trade up.

I could be wrong but I'd be surprised.
You would think Tunsil would get the phones ringing he is the safest guy and will probably have the longest career.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Before we anoint them... Let's see if they can perform post Bill Callahan...

And let's see if they can keep us from constantly holding our breaths on 3rd and short because they can't consistently shove out a fucking yard???

Do that... And we're on the road to anointing them

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I like Elliot, but he is not on par with Peterson or any of the other backs mentioned. He sure as shit is not as good as Gurley. I see a slightly more athletic Mark Ingram.
Really? By that token I also think Dez Bryant is a slightly more athletic Joe Jurevicius.

Sterling Sharpe and Tim Brown were also way ahead of Michael Irvin "athletically".

Who cares? We're splitting hairs, here.

Elliott gets a lot of cred with me for the way he ended 2014, not just his obvious power and production. Who cares that he doesn't have Gurley's or Fournette's raw power? Why is that even a consideration? FYI, Gurley and Fournette aren't available, and Elliott is definitely in their neighborhood.

He certainly is a champion. He had Joey Bosa, Urban Meyer, some solid defensive talent and no passing game to help him.

I'm sure the Rams don't care that Jared Goff pales in comparison to Andrew Luck.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I heard an analyst say last night:

"Here Dallas has built this uniquely talented offensive line, how could they not put a running back like Ezekiel Elliott behind it? It seems that's what you're building for?"

Read a couple articles comparing Zeke to Adrian Peterson as a talent. Others say Jammal Charles or Leshaun McCoy

"The most sophisticated running back prospect we've seen since Adrian Peterson"

But yet again??? The choice will be another DB????

Hell, Dallas is getting Scandrick back after a year away. It's like starting over with your best DB back in the fold?

Leave Ramsey alone!!
Do you understand what that actually means?

That blurb is not calling him the next Peterson but then people still swear Claiborne was called the Deon.
When all that was being compared was their ball skills.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You would think Tunsil would get the phones ringing he is the safest guy and will probably have the longest career.
if I was looking for a tackle, I'd be more than happy holding on to all my picks and taking Stanley or even Conklin.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Elliott a stud at blitz recognition & blocking.. Due to his responsibilities in college..and yes even better than Gurley
To me that is something that a RB simply needs the willingness to do and it can be learned. You mention it being instincts but watch the first two plays of this video of Elliott (This is from 2014 and I think he has improved drastically since then in blitz pickup). Those are ugly bad pickups by Elliott.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
To me that is something that a RB simply needs the willingness to do and it can be learned. You mention it being instincts but watch the first two plays of this video of Elliott (This is from 2014 and I think he has improved drastically since then in blitz pickup). Those are ugly bad pickups by Elliott.

He was young and learning then... He's obviously pretty on point now.

Better than a RB entering the league who hasn't been asked to do it much? Or taught the principles?

It can be like learning a new language along with a new offense and terminology.

A guy who knows & is comfortable with it? One less thing to process

"I've seen this shit in college.. I've done this.. I'm good"

Vs

"What the fuck are they talking about? I'm lined up over here and I have to look out for these two options? Huh? This sucks.. I never did this in college... Fuck! I barely know the plays and they're adding this now?!!"

Big difference

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Really? By that token I also think Dez Bryant is a slightly more athletic Joe Jurevicius.

Sterling Sharpe and Tim Brown were also way ahead of Michael Irvin "athletically".

Who cares? We're splitting hairs, here.

Elliott gets a lot of cred with me for the way he ended 2014, not just his obvious power and production. Who cares that he doesn't have Gurley's or Fournette's raw power? Why is that even a consideration? FYI, Gurley and Fournette aren't available, and Elliott is definitely in their neighborhood.

He certainly is a champion. He had Joey Bosa, Urban Meyer, some solid defensive talent and no passing game to help him.

I'm sure the Rams don't care that Jared Goff pales in comparison to Andrew Luck.
the Joe Jurevicius comment had me rolling. Good job

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Elliott is very good, and his short steps that transition to long strides, the way he follows his blockers, balance, and all-around game remind me (alot) of Edgerrin James.

But he's bigger and not nearly as quick or fast as James.

It doesn't mean Elliott isn't great, just behind James at this point. It's a complement to put him in the same sentence.

He is OSU's all-time best NFL RB prospect, IMO, and worth a high pick-- especially given his apparent fit in Dallas.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Elliott is very good, and his short steps that transition to long strides, the way he follows his blockers, balance, and all-around game remind me (alot) of Edgerrin James.

But he's bigger and not nearly as quick or fast as James.

It doesn't mean Elliott isn't great, just behind James at this point. It's a complement to put him in the same sentence.

He is OSU's all-time best NFL RB prospect, IMO, and worth a high pick-- especially given his apparent fit in Dallas.
I'd absolutely love for us to draft him. I think that he'd be a perfect fit her, given that the QB options are completely off the table now.

I still find it laughable that people think we should draft Ramsey at #4. A guy that has 3 career INTs, to go to a team that ranked near the lowest in turnovers. Seems to make perfect sense to me. :picard

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'd absolutely love for us to draft him. I think that he'd be a perfect fit her, given that the QB options are completely off the table now.

I still find it laughable that people think we should draft Ramsey at #4. A guy that has 3 career INTs, to go to a team that ranked near the lowest in turnovers. Seems to make perfect sense to me. :picard
DBs give Jones wood. Ever since Deion. It's that simple. If Jerry was a chef, his cakes would be all icing. He kind of doesn't get defense.

It's why we keep drafting on that side of the ball and failing.

Top Bottom