2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
Can't all be super superior like some. Some of us common folk just has to do with what's put in front of us.
Thank God the GOP has "common folk" like Trump on their side. He'll definitely have your interest at heart.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Trump is a savy guy. He will probably use tools to try and get elected that we have never seen used before.
I don't know if you meant to sound like Trump here, but if so, the job you did was tremendous, I mean really great. A first class job, okay?

2233boys

Not So New Member
Blind to what the fact that the number of people actually voting to are the majority of democrats?

One will have the majority of the minority and women vote the other is Hillary.

Why would most independents vote for Trump instead of Hillary,

Most Independents are from here demographic drawing area.
She loses independents by 60% + they won't vote, if they don't vote for Trump or vote Third Party.

She losses people under 30 by 60%+ they won't vote, if they don't vote for Trump or vote Third Party.

The number of democrats actually voting has been down. By registered blind sheep party whore Dems, you are right, she has the support. Likely even those dems scarred of a Trump presidency. If you think that's enough to put her over the top, I guess we will have to see. I don't think it will be.

Jiggyfly

Banned
She loses independents by 60% + they won't vote, if they don't vote for Trump or vote Third Party.

She losses people under 30 by 60%+ they won't vote, if they don't vote for Trump or vote Third Party.

The number of democrats actually voting has been down. By registered blind sheep party whore Dems, you are right, she has the support. Likely even those dems scarred of a Trump presidency. If you think that's enough to put her over the top, I guess we will have to see. I don't think it will be.
Just because she lost them to Bernie does not mean she will lose them to Trump, do you really think those people will move Trump in droves?

But none of this matters to you because you can't stand Hillary.

Anyway we will see who is right.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The young vote? They just won't vote. I can all but guarantee that right now. They might say they will vote for Hilary but I bet voter turnout among young people will be way down.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If the FBI and Justice Department had any balls she might not even be in the race.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
:rofl

Ted Cruz picks Carly Fiorina as running mate.

What a fucking sad desperation maneuver to try to regain some momentum after getting sand kicked in his cunt face yesterday.
"You betcha." :robowink It's the same pathetic move McCain made when he picked Palin in '08. Granted he was further along in the process but he was largely getting his a$$ kicked by the young, Teflon AA guy so he tried to pander to women. And he failed.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
“Lucifer in the flesh,” Boehner called Cruz on Wednesday during a talk at Stanford University, the student newspaper reported. “I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
“Lucifer in the flesh,” Boehner called Cruz on Wednesday during a talk at Stanford University, the student newspaper reported. “I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”
Doesn't mean much coming from a loser like Boehner.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Just because she lost them to Bernie does not mean she will lose them to Trump, do you really think those people will move Trump in droves?

But none of this matters to you because you can't stand Hillary.

Anyway we will see who is right.
I don't think they will vote or vote third party.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree most if not all won't vote
It's not about Hilary losing them. With young voters you actually have to get them or they just don't vote at all. Obama was great at energizing the young voters and getting them to get out and vote. I think Bernie would have had that. Most of the young voters I know who supported Bernie absolutely despise Hilary. I doubt that is enough motivation to get them to go out and vote even if they like Trump less.

*That was meant for Jiggy, not you.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's not about Hilary losing them. With young voters you actually have to get them or they just don't vote at all. Obama was great at energizing the young voters and getting them to get out and vote. I think Bernie would have had that. Most of the young voters I know who supported Bernie absolutely despise Hilary. I doubt that is enough motivation to get them to go out and vote even if they like Trump less.

*That was meant for Jiggy, not you.
I don't really disagree with any of that but they did not vote in 2012 as well and Obama still won.

Trump is going to increase the turn out for minorities and women so it will probably be a net positive for the democrats.

Add in the fact that a percentage of Republicans will not vote as well and the numbers just do not add up for Trump.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't really disagree with any of that but they did not vote in 2012 as well and Obama still won.

Trump is going to increase the turn out for minorities and women so it will probably be a net positive for the democrats.

Add in the fact that a percentage of Republicans will not vote as well and the numbers just do not add up for Trump.
The only thing going for Republicans is that they tend to do well in low turnout elections. Obama just barely won in 2012 against a guy that ran a completely flaccid campaign and who agreed with Obama on more things than the Republicans he was (barely) trying to rally, the Democrats also got carved up in the midterms (including 2010). IMO, the rank and file of Republicans will turn out if only to support the down-ticket Republicans and will mostly vote for the R nominee.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I teach in a school that is 60% Hispanic and all I hear is Trump jokes and some conversations about him hating Hispanics and racist.

I don't comment and some ask me who I am voting for, I usually say Trump jokingly but they have some strong feelings about the man and they are 12-13 year olds.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I teach in a school that is 60% Hispanic and all I hear is Trump jokes and some conversations about him hating Hispanics and racist.

I don't comment and some ask me who I am voting for, I usually say Trump jokingly but they have some strong feelings about the man and they are 12-13 year olds.
I don't think they were going to vote in this election anyway.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The only thing going for Republicans is that they tend to do well in low turnout elections. Obama just barely won in 2012 against a guy that ran a completely flaccid campaign and who agreed with Obama on more things than the Republicans he was (barely) trying to rally, the Democrats also got carved up in the midterms (including 2010). IMO, the rank and file of Republicans will turn out if only to support the down-ticket Republicans and will mostly vote for the R nominee.
Trump is doing plenty to energize democrats and independent minorities and women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom