Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So we probably walk away with Paxton Lynch and no first in 2017. Everyone good with that? I'm so desperate for a legit QB prospect to groom, I can be easily talked into it at this point.
I'm actually cool with that. Although I'd probably just rather take Lynch at 4 then that and keep all of our picks. I'm not in love with Ramsey or Elliott enough to make it worth it to me to make a pick at 4 and later in the first.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We always hear that they were trying to get back into the first round.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we are willing to take Lynch at 15 after giving up next year's first we should just take him at 4 honestly.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So we probably walk away with Paxton Lynch and no first in 2017. Everyone good with that? I'm so desperate for a legit QB prospect to groom, I can be easily talked into it at this point.
While I wouldn't like losing a 1st next year, I'd do it for Lynch. I wouldn't do it for anybody else, tho.

But I bet he doesn't fall far enough into trade up range. I don't think he'll go any lower than 20 to the Jets, and probably higher than that. I doubt the FO would be willing to trade up that high. If he makes it to the mid-low twenties, I could see it.

Walking away from this years first with Elliott and Lynch would be nice.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we are willing to take Lynch at 15 after giving up next year's first we should just take him at 4 honestly.
That's the way I look at it. The only argument against that is that there is a guy at 4 that you simply can't miss out on. If you really believe Elliott is a rare RB that you only see once a decade then you don't. Same thing with Ramsey. (If Elliott was Leonard Fornette I would probably agree with that).

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm going to throw up.

D

Deuce

(If Elliott was Leonard Fornette I would probably agree with that).
That's going to be awesome. We'll trade up and give up our '17 1st and a chance at Fournette, Cook or McCaffrey all because we had to have Ramsey instead of just taking Lynch in the first place.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's going to be awesome. We'll trade up and give up our '17 1st and a chance at Fournette, Cook or McCaffrey all because we had to have Ramsey instead of just taking Lynch in the first place.
Hypothetically, if Elliott was in next years draft where do you think he ranks in terms of RBs? I'm guessing most would say second best RB behind Fournette. Is he better then Delvin Cook though? And honestly by next year I think Nick Chubb is probably up there as well. He was averaging over 8 ypc last year before he got hurt. As a freshman he had over 1500 yards rushing averaging over seven per carry. And that was basically after Gurley got hurt. I mean those are some crazy numbers. If he has a healthy year in 2016, he could be way up there too.

D

Deuce

Hypothetically, if Elliott was in next years draft where do you think he ranks in terms of RBs? I'm guessing most would say second best RB behind Fournette. Is he better then Delvin Cook though? And honestly by next year I think Nick Chubb is probably up there as well. He was averaging over 8 ypc last year before he got hurt. As a freshman he had over 1500 yards rushing averaging over seven per carry. And that was basically after Gurley got hurt. I mean those are some crazy numbers. If he has a healthy year in 2016, he could be way up there too.
Elliott still has an edge in pass protection, but I would take any of the top 4 next year over him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I have no issue with that.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't see McCaffrey being a every down RB prospect, he is going to have to put on some serious weight.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been watching a bunch of draft coverage this week and earlier today I guess they said that an NFL team has been trying to trade in front of the Browns in order to get Lynch. Now who knows if that team is really willing to give up the resources for that type of a move but I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch isn't even around at 15.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't see McCaffrey being a every down RB prospect, he is going to have to put on some serious weight.
He isn't that small oddly enough. I think he is listed at 6'1" 201 pounds. That type of frame it shouldn't be hard to get up to 210 pounds. Although I think 6'1" is probably an exaggeration.

Would be kind of cool to see an elite white RB. They are basically unheard of in the NFL. I have seen first hand how good McCaffrey can be while he was torching my Hawkeyes. Great runner but also basically uncoverable as a receiver.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
It could be Lynch they want to move up for, but could it not also be Noah Spence? Of course right now we don't know for sure how far they would have to move up for anyone but where do you anticipate they would have to go to get Spence? Or do you expect that he'll be there at 34? Or that they'll avoid him completely because of a combo of his past issues and the suspensions of Lawrence and Gregory?

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
But I bet he doesn't fall far enough into trade up range. I don't think he'll go any lower than 20 to the Jets, and probably higher than that. I doubt the FO would be willing to trade up that high. If he makes it to the mid-low twenties, I could see it.
Same. I bet he goes between 10 and 20 -- and who knows, maybe even late in the top 10. Just too much demand for even decent QBs in today's game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tomorrow just can't get here soon enough. I might get my heart ripped out but at least it will be over.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He isn't that small oddly enough. I think he is listed at 6'1" 201 pounds. That type of frame it shouldn't be hard to get up to 210 pounds. Although I think 6'1" is probably an exaggeration.

Would be kind of cool to see an elite white RB. They are basically unheard of in the NFL. I have seen first hand how good McCaffrey can be while he was torching my Hawkeyes. Great runner but also basically uncoverable as a receiver.
That is big WR size not every down back size.

And who knows how 10 pounds affects his abilities we see what happened to Felix Jones when he tried to
get bigger.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Jamaal Charles is listed on NFL.com at 5' 11" 199 lbs. Lesean McCoy at 5' 11" 205 lbs.

Not every down backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom