Cowboys Trading Back Into The 1st?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
BTW???

Where's everybody at???

I expected non stop.. Can hardly keep up postings in all threads! (Not really... But close)

Is this the way we do draft eve????

Let's get fired up !!!!!!
It's going to be Ramsey or Elliott, not much intrigue left there, all that's left is hoping that San Diego takes him.

Could be Jerry trying to pump Ramsey up to see if a team is in love with him? A team that may have him #1 on their board will make him a deal to come up to #4. But who knows?

Sounds like they are working it though, with rumors they are looking at aquiring another 1st rd pick.

I tend to think the same "when will we pick this high again?" philosophy not only applies to the 1st round, but equally the 2nd round in considering a move up. #34 is some damn good capital. Typically if you're down in the 50's? A move back into the 1st round.. Especially the teens? It's a pipe dream.

At 34? Jerry & the gang may be saying "when we gonna draft this high again? Let's make a move"

I guess we'll see

They may say and think that but the way this oraganization puts together a team and coaches them, they might be picking top 10 for the next 10 years.

BTW???

Where's everybody at???

I expected non stop.. Can hardly keep up postings in all threads! (Not really... But close)

Is this the way we do draft eve????

Let's get fired up !!!!!!

Fired up for what?? A big disappointment? That's what it's gonna be. Just as soon as you think it's gonna be Elliot, Bosa, Ramsey, they will pick some unknown TE named Billy Butterfart that leaves you scratching your head wondering who they are...that's the Cowboys these days.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Man, Ramsey then giving up picks to move back into the first for Cook or Hackenberg?

That would be tough to take.
Groan.

This makes sense, unfortunately.

We know Jerry goes crazy for the DB's.

Lynch is long gone at the tail end of the first, so the target being Cook makes sense, especially since you get that extra year on the rookie contract in the 1st as opposed to the 2nd round.

If Romo were to play most of the next 3 seasons, you'd still have 2 seasons on Cook's rookie deal.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Fired up for what?? A big disappointment? That's what it's gonna be. Just as soon as you think it's gonna be Elliot, Bosa, Ramsey, they will pick some unknown TE named Billy Butterfart that leaves you scratching your head wondering who they are...that's the Cowboys these days.
:towel

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can say definitively we will not be taking a TE in the first.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's going to be Ramsey or Elliott, not much intrigue left there, all that's left is hoping that San Diego takes him.
Not sure if it will interest anyone but Garrett did specifically mention trading down as a possibility in an interview on NFL Network right now.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
I'd be interested in hearing some speculation on some fucked up but totally Dallas scenarios.. Something not too far out, but something they'd totally do. I'll start:

Rankins at 4 then war room high fives & hugs as if they dodged a bullet

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Not sure if it will interest anyone but Garrett did specifically mention trading down as a possibility in an interview on NFL Network right now.
It's the best move, as long as it's not too far down.

Buckner and Elliott are the best, but get enough extra high quality picks and Rankins and Henry will be fine.

Not as elite, but quality and depth elsewhere softens that loss quite a bit.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Just hoping for a trade down at this point.

Our QB is gone and the late 1st and 2nd seems to be loaded this year.

We don't need another S/CB combo...drafted that position in the 1st last year.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Interchangeable Secondary

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Couldn't agree more. Interchangible safties is giving me de ja vu.

dallen

Senior Tech

No, brah. It'll be totes sweet! We won't even have to have a nickel package. It's the same personnel! OMGZ

GShock

DCC 4Life
Here's my deja vu - any running back can excel behind this line = any coach could get this team to the Super Bowl.

When the hell has Marinelli ever done anything so exotic with his safeties that we need to have two first rounders, including a top 5 pick, back there. What is the model that he's been dying to unveil, if only we had another premium safety?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'd be fine with that as long as we don't drop out of the top 15. Pick up an extra 2nd, maybe 3rd, bundle our 2nd with one of those to hop back toward the end of the 1st. I could live with that.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Trade down a few spots and still get Elliott then trade back into late first and take Lynch.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Trade down a few spots and still get Elliott then trade back into late first and take Lynch.
That would be the best possible outcome, and that's exactly why it won't happen.

Top Bottom