Staff member
When his contract expires. :towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
But, he's joining Fox Sports. :budd

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, that wouldn't be retiring then, would it?

LIAR!

Cotton

Staff member
Well, that wouldn't be retiring then, would it?

LIAR!
:lol

I was just relaying what I saw in tweets. Then I saw a tweet saying he was going to Fox.

dallen

Senior Tech
ESPN is getting rid of anyone that costs more than minimum wage

Cotton

Staff member
Saw that he is going to be making 5 mill per at Fox. Holy shit.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Bayless will never get another audience as big as ESPNs. Although I know quite a few long time staff members left to pursue other opportunities.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Saw that he is going to be making 5 mill per at Fox. Holy shit.
Cowherd got 6 mil, so it is not unexpected they would throw some coin at him. Fox is really trying to expand their brand. They even were taking shots at Sportscenter, but Fox Sports Live got monkey stomped.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Bayless will never get another audience as big as ESPNs. Although I know quite a few long time staff members left to pursue other opportunities.
At $5M per I would bet he doesn't really GAS, especially since he's in his mid-60s. At that point, take the money and run.

Carp

DCC 4Life
At $5M per I would bet he doesn't really GAS, especially since he's in his mid-60s. At that point, take the money and run.
You familiar with Bayless? He is pretty much an attention whore.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
You familiar with Bayless? He is pretty much an attention whore.
I am. Can't stand him, but he's still getting paid. When I'm in my mid-60s, I would take that deal all day long.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Tirico is going to NBC...he will do Thursday Night Football with Collinsworth and I imagine he will be a big part of their golf coverage. I could see him calling ND games too.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Does anybody watch a Fox sport show regularly.

I can never spend more than 5 minutes on anything it's just too Bro'd up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Like I said. ESPN is losing money. They can't afford these big name guys
They can afford them, they just don't want to.

ESPN is all about ensuring that no personality is bigger than the brand. That is why Dan Patrick left, Bill Simmons is gone, and now Bayless and Tirico are leaving too.

Given how popular they are and how many different aspects they cover, I'm surprised that Jeremy Schapp and Bob Levy are still there.

My guess is that Stephen A. Smith will leave eventually too. He's annoying as shit and he's awful, but he is popular and he may start to draw too much attention which will eventually have him on the outs with ESPN.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Does anybody watch a Fox sport show regularly.

I can never spend more than 5 minutes on anything it's just too Bro'd up.
FOX is awful and has been dating all the way back to the early 2000's with The Best Damn Sports Show.

Like you said, most of their coverage is centered around jocks and bros, and it's just not good programming.

dallen

Senior Tech
They can afford them, they just don't want to.

ESPN is all about ensuring that no personality is bigger than the brand. That is why Dan Patrick left, Bill Simmons is gone, and now Bayless and Tirico are leaving too.

Given how popular they are and how many different aspects they cover, I'm surprised that Jeremy Schapp and Bob Levy are still there.

My guess is that Stephen A. Smith will leave eventually too. He's annoying as shit and he's awful, but he is popular and he may start to draw too much attention which will eventually have him on the outs with ESPN.
You think Mike Tirico is leaving because ESPN is afraid of his personality overshadowing the brand? :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Like I said. ESPN is losing money. They can't afford these big name guys
Yep, that's pretty much what it comes down to. They've had to lay off tons of people over the last few years.

Top Bottom