Daryl Washington Wants To Play For Cowboys

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Daryl Washington Wants To Play For Cowboys
June 7th, 2017 at 10:21am CST by Zach Links

The Cowboys have discussed signing Daryl Washington and the interest is apparently mutual. In a conversation with Charean Williams of PFT, Washington made the case for why Dallas should sign him.

“Why not be a Cowboy?” Washington said. “I’m settled in here. It’s home. Let’s try to get one this year. Come on Mr. [Jerry] Jones, you’ll be glad you took a chance on me. We’ll hold up that Lombardi Trophy together.”

Washington has yet to work out for the Cowboys, but Williams hears that the team is still doing its due diligence on the linebacker. After learning that pass rusher David Irving is facing a four-game ban for PEDs, Washington could be a low-cost boost for the front seven, but the Cowboys will want to first glean that he is in football shape. For his part, Washington says that he is the same size (235 pounds) that he was in Arizona and believes that he can be the same type of player even though he has been out of the game for years.

Washington has not played a down of football since the 2013 season, but he accepts responsibility for his own predicament.

“I take full responsibility for everything I went through,” Washington said. “I don’t blame anybody. But I’m not here to talk about it; I’m here to show you what type of person I am now and where I’m trying to go.”

dallen

Senior Tech
If he can pass a physical and wants to play for the minimum he could be a nice addition

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No thanks, this sounds like the "old Cowboys" to me. I think we are better than chasing after other teams problem children who haven't played football in 3 years.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think I'd be interested. While he would be an upgrade at linebacker, I don't think we Blitz enough to make bringing him in worth the headache. Hell our third linebacker doesn't even get on the field that much.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Pass. We don't need a player who hasn't played in over 3 years.

midswat

... soon
I'd explore it, sure.
I would lean towards staying away, just because he's the kind of player we've been taking risks on lately and it not working out for whatever reason.

But we also have legit concerns about LB depth, with Smith's uncertainty and Lee's 50/50 health (he's due for an injury, we all know it). So maybe it's worth a risk.

Top Bottom