Machota - DeMarcus Lawrence: Cowboys defensive line doesn't the get credit it deserves

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
DeMarcus Lawrence: Cowboys defensive line doesn't the get credit it deserves

By Jon Machota , Staff Writer

DeMarcus Lawrence doesn't think the Cowboys defensive line gets the credit it deserves. The lack of pass rush over the last few years has made the group arguably the most criticized on the team.

Since Lawrence was drafted with the 34th*overall pick in 2014, the Cowboys have seen their sack totals steadily increase. After finishing with 28 in 2014, Dallas totaled 31 in 2015 and then 36 last year. But they haven't ranked among the NFL's top 10 since 2011 when they had 42.

Lawrence was recently asked about the team drafting Taco Charlton in the first round and if it adds any extra motivation to the group up front.

"I mean, all right, let me tell you all something, I'm pretty sure that we were fifth in the NFL in sacks last year," Lawrence responded. "Am I correct? So I don't feel like it's pressure, I feel like we need to keep getting better as a unit because everybody is talking down on the D-line like we weren't doing our job last year. Yeah, we lost in the playoffs, but we still was doing our job. I don't feel like y'all give us enough credit as a unit for what we should have."

The audio of Lawrence's answer is included in the latest episode of the Candidly Cowboys podcast at the 19:12 mark.
------------

Holy shit, it is now very clear that Lawrence is a complete dumbass.

First of all, Dallas ranked 13th in the NFL. Not 5th.

And four of that mediocre total of 36 came from non-DL, including a cornerback (Scandrick) and MLB (Hitchens), both who had more sacks than Lawrence did, along with one from Damien Wilson and Justin Durant and a half sack from Andrew Gachkar.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eh. Don't care.
I do. Nothing rankles me more than a player who doesn't produce talking out of their ass. It is sickening especially when it is on this team and the player is called an "inspiration" to his teammates by the head coach. If a rival near-bust player said something like this when he has had a direct part in being maligned, we would all point and laugh at them.

It is one thing to be vague and pump up your teammates to want to improve, but to talk in a defensive manner and be factually incorrect while trying to justify it, sorry, that's just the actions of an idiot.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If a rival near-bust player said something like this when he has had a direct part in being maligned, we would all point and laugh at them.
Players from every team say dumb shit all the time. I still don't care.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I do. Nothing rankles me more than a player who doesn't produce talking out of their ass. It is sickening especially when it is on this team and the player is called an "inspiration" to his teammates by the head coach. If a rival near-bust player said something like this when he has had a direct part in being maligned, we would all point and laugh at them.

It is one thing to be vague and pump up your teammates to want to improve, but to talk in a defensive manner and be factually incorrect while trying to justify it, sorry, that's just the actions of an idiot.

Yeah, I don't like it. He should keep his fucking mouth shut and stop worrying about credit. I'd have felt a lot better if he would've acknowledged the line had been a weakness and that he was busting his ass to make sure it wasn't going to be next year.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Like I said in the thread about Romo's salary cap impact, Im not in any hurry to get Lawrence signed. His talent is overrated and he's not overly bright.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They're disrespecting us! :jerk

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You have no room to talk about disrespect when you've served a 4-game suspension for weed.

Put your head down, commit to being the best pro you can be, and you'll earn some respect.

Top Bottom