Machota: Why is Dez Bryant doing catching punts in practice?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why is Dez Bryant doing catching punts in practice?
By Jon Machota , Staff Writer

FRISCO -- Although Dez Bryant hasn't returned a punt in a game since 2012, he continues to take practice reps whenever possible.
That has continued during organized team activities.

"I'm always in Coach [Rich] Bisaccia's ear," Bryant said. "That's why I'm back there practicing. I'm going to get me one of them, I'm telling you. I'm going to crib it. I'm telling you I'm going to score."
Bryant returned three punts for scores in college and two for touchdowns during his rookie season. His first touchdown as a Cowboy came on a punt return in Week 2 against the Chicago Bears.

Considering Bryant's age (28) and injuries over the last two seasons, it seems unlikely Bisaccia, the Cowboys' special teams coach, is going to put him back there in a game.

Dallas used their fourth-round pick on wide receiver Ryan Switzer, who is expected to handle the majority of the return duties.

"I'm going to return one," Bryant said, "and when I return it, come holler at me."

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why is Dez Bryant doing catching punts in practice?
By Jon Machota , Staff Writer

FRISCO -- Although Dez Bryant hasn't returned a punt in a game since 2012, he continues to take practice reps whenever possible.
That has continued during organized team activities.

"I'm always in Coach [Rich] Bisaccia's ear," Bryant said. "That's why I'm back there practicing. I'm going to get me one of them, I'm telling you. I'm going to crib it. I'm telling you I'm going to score."
Bryant returned three punts for scores in college and two for touchdowns during his rookie season. His first touchdown as a Cowboy came on a punt return in Week 2 against the Chicago Bears.

Considering Bryant's age (28) and injuries over the last two seasons, it seems unlikely Bisaccia, the Cowboys' special teams coach, is going to put him back there in a game.

Dallas used their fourth-round pick on wide receiver Ryan Switzer, who is expected to handle the majority of the return duties.

"I'm going to return one," Bryant said, "and when I return it, come holler at me."
Yeah he used to be pretty awesome at it. The guy is hard to bring down and is a hell of a runner in the open field. Hopefully Switzer can do some of that stuff for us now. His college film as a returner is pretty awesome.

midswat

... soon
Did that really read "Why is Dez Bryant doing catching punts in practice?"

Cotton

Staff member
Did that really read "Why is Dez Bryant doing catching punts in practice?"
I copied and pasted the title so pretty bad grammatical error on Machota's part.

Cotton

Staff member
BTB poll:

Top Bottom