Mike Mayock's 2016 NFL Draft top 100 prospect rankings

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea I mean that's why he'd probably be more of the box safety while Jones is the one who plays back with the range, it'd just be intriguing because Ramsey of course has great range and athleticism too.
That's pretty much how I would use Ramsey. Move him up in the box and let him blitz and cover guys from up close. Ramsey definitely looks all of 6'1" 209 pounds on film.

The problem is I think the bread and butter of our defense is the two high safety look. That's the defense that we run that actually causes INTs.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That's pretty much how I would use Ramsey. Move him up in the box and let him blitz and cover guys from up close. Ramsey definitely looks all of 6'1" 209 pounds on film.

The problem is I think the bread and butter of our defense is the two high safety look. That's the defense that we run that actually causes INTs.
That is what Woodson was so good at and he can play some slot as well.

We did not play a lot of two high safety last year one safety was near the line the majority of the time.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we do indeed draft Ramsey I would move Church to a hybrid DB/LB role, basically a small WLB like the Cardinals have done with Bucannon. He would basically be Lee's backup and a full-time nickel/dime LB.

Top Bottom