DC.com - Staff Writers Give Their “Two Cents” With Cowboys’ Personalized Mock Draft

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
From Goff or Wentz to Prescott or Hackenberg.. What a completely shitty year to get the #4 pick.

But hey, sure am glad we got that win against the Foreskins for team morale. Let's totally forget the part where it has now completely fucked us in the draft. :art

I mean holy fuck, this team is so damn special that it finds a way to fuck having an awful season.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I'd say if we ended up wasting a pick on Ramsey, he'd fit right in with all the corners we seem to bring in. Another overrated one corner that has zero ball skills.

townsend

Banned
I kind of resent the shithouse teams like the Jags and the Browns that get picks at the top of the draft year in and year out. I feel like they should be penalized after multiple consecutive terrible seasons. How is it good for football to put all the best talent on all of the worst run teams?

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I kind of resent the shithouse teams like the Jags and the Browns that get picks at the top of the draft year in and year out. I feel like they should be penalized after multiple consecutive terrible seasons. How is it good for football to put all the best talent on all of the worst run teams?
That's inspired.

I could see an NBA-like weighted lottery system with the top 9 picks where no team's awarded pick could land in the lottery more than 2 times in a 4 years span.

Teams would be less incentivized to tank the last game to insure getting Andrew Luck the next year and it's an awesome penalty for being consistently terrible.

Who knows what NFL marketing could do with a televised lottery segment.

shane

DCC 4Life
From Goff or Wentz to Prescott or Hackenberg.. What a completely shitty year to get the #4 pick.

But hey, sure am glad we got that win against the Foreskins for team morale. Let's totally forget the part where it has now completely fucked us in the draft. :art

I mean holy fuck, this team is so damn special that it finds a way to fuck having an awful season.
It's a bummer, but if we end up with Boza, I would still be pretty happy. These QBs may be overrated too, especially Wentz. I just hope the Eagles don't get Goff, he does have a chance of being a star IMO.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's a bummer, but if we end up with Boza, I would still be pretty happy. These QBs may be overrated too, especially Wentz. I just hope the Eagles don't get Goff, he does have a chance of being a star IMO.
The odds are at least one of these QB's is going to be a good player.

They would have been a consideration at pick 4, but 4 plus a huge chunk of the future... no.

It's ironic we will get a better player by standing pat.

If Tunsil falls to 4 (translation: the Chargers are stupid), I think we can get a good trade down. Hell I'm tempted to draft Tunsil, easily the most talented player in the entire draft.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

We would have been tied and very well could have still been behind Cleveland and Tennessee with the tiebreakers.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We'll be back at the top of the draft again soon enough.
If/when Romo gets hurt or retires I agree. That was just in response to his saying that we should have just lost the Redskins game. It might not have mattered because we could still be missing out on the QBs.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If/when Romo gets hurt or retires I agree. That was just in response to his saying that we should have just lost the Redskins game. It might not have mattered because we could still be missing out on the QBs.
Articles I read said we would have gotten the top pick but I'm not researching the tie breakers to find out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We'll be back at the top of the draft again soon enough.
Really just sucks going through such a horrific bad season and then at the end we might not even be able to fix the problem that caused it. Which is exactly why we will probably be picking high again in the near future. Lets just hope that year has some really good QBs too.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Really just sucks going through such a horrific bad season and then at the end we might not even be able to fix the problem that caused it. Which is exactly why we will probably be picking high again in the near future. Lets just hope that year has some really good QBs too.
It's definitely frustrating. My one and only hope after last years debacle was to at least end up with some good prospects, unfortunately though our win against the Foreskins completely fucked us, and given the crap offseason so far, it would appear that it's only going to get worse.

I've got to give props to the Rams, and unfortunately the Eagles, they at least are going to be getting the player that they want in the draft. It's just going to be utterly insulting that we're going to be having to face either Goff or Wentz for years to come. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Well, in all honesty, what good did it do for us to have won that game? There was a good opportunity for us to have drafted at #2 had that happened, and now we end up drafting two spots too late.

It's just that after a season like last year, you would hope that you would at least have been in a position to address the position that lead to us having such an awful season. Now, we can't even do that right and we're kidding ourselves if we think Dak, Hackenberg, or Cook will address that.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
We would have been tied and very well could have still been behind Cleveland and Tennessee with the tiebreakers.
Maybe, maybe not. Either which way, we would have at least put ourselves in a position to have controlled our own destiny.

I'm simply saying what good did it do for us to have won that game outside of giving ourselves a nice little pat on the back. It did absolutely nothing to help last season.

If you're going to fuck up a season as badly as we did last season, then I much rather prefer for us to have burned the whole damn thing to the ground and at least put us in a position to have a possible top pick where we don't have to worry about two teams jumping ahead of us to draft a QB, one of which we'll be facing 2+ times each season for many years to come.

That's like the ultimate Fuck you to the Cowboys.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Articles I read said we would have gotten the top pick but I'm not researching the tie breakers to find out.
That's what I had read as well in multiple articles. At the very worst it was saying the #2 pick. Still, at the point we'd have one of the top two QB choices at that pick at worst.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Well, in all honesty, what good did it do for us to have won that game? There was a good opportunity for us to have drafted at #2 had that happened, and now we end up drafting two spots too late.

It's just that after a season like last year, you would hope that you would at least have been in a position to address the position that lead to us having such an awful season. Now, we can't even do that right and we're kidding ourselves if we think Dak, Hackenberg, or Cook will address that.
New Orleans/San Fran/Denver war rooms:

"Those idiots in Dallas done not addressing their hurt more than healthy 36 year old quarterback yet? Let me know when they're done drafting their corner who's a better safety. Who they'll undoubtedly play at corner. That way we can move up and get our guy. Dallas is one of those Brian Hoyer, Case Keenum, Ryan Mallett QB shuffle teams when it comes to replacing their guy.

Let me know when they pass on their future, so we can get ours."

Top Bottom