Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In extreme cases, with equal and clear conditions for comparison. Good luck with that and the game of football.
So I say a guy was sacked 6 times. That is a statistic. You're telling me that it wouldn't be a fact? This is worse then a Schmitty argument. I know you want Elliott but let's get real here.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Having a stronger running game then last year would be great. I think we would all love that. But it's not some sort of a solution to keep Romo healthy..
Absolutely it is.

Darren McFadden is no pass blocker, and Lance Dunbar sure as Hell isn't one. Alfred Morris may as well take off his pads and helmet on 3rd down.

DeMarco Murray was an option to run, catch from the backfield, and block, and when he blocked he was physical and authoritative.

That's a massive security blanket. When you put the back on the LOS, not only have you primed the defense for a pass, you've removed the RB as a pass defender.

Green Bay lost the NFC Championship this way, by going empty backfield on 2nd and 3rd and 7 late in a game at Seattle when their running game had the Seahawks on the ropes. The Pack lined their backs on the LOS and the Seahawks blew up each play because there was no doubt what the Packers were going to do.

Same thing broke Romo's collarbone on 2nd and 10 with four wideouts including Dunbar and no Dez.

A plain invitation for your QB's ass.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
For example in 2014 our QB took 53 hits. In 2013 our QB took 54 hits. Which is negligible at best. Yet all would agree we ran the ball far more in 2014 and had a better offensive line.
Which of the Two seasons did Romo play the most in? Let me guess was it 2014? :art

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Absolutely it is.

Darren McFadden is no pass blocker, and Lance Dunbar sure as Hell isn't one. Alfred Morris may as well take off his pads and helmet on 3rd down.

DeMarco Murray was an option to run, catch from the backfield, and block, and when he blocked he was physical and authoritative.

That's a massive security blanket. When you put the back on the LOS, not only have you primed the defense for a pass, you've removed the RB as a pass defender.

Green Bay lost the NFC Championship this way, by going empty backfield on 2nd and 3rd and 7 late in a game at Seattle when their running game had the Seahawks on the ropes. The Pack lined their backs on the LOS and the Seahawks blew up each play because there was no doubt what the Packers were going to do.

Same thing broke Romo's collarbone on 2nd and 10 with four wideouts including Dunbar and no Dez.

A plain invitation for your QB's ass.
Mcfadden is one the best pass blocking RB's playing.

stop making shit up.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
NFL, Sports

GLENN GAREY
33 mins ago 42
The NFL Draft is only one week away and can’t get here soon enough.

One of the biggest names in the draft has reportedly failed a drug test at the NFL combine. Sources are saying that Joey Bosa failed a drug test at the NFL Combine a few weeks ago.

This would take Bosa off of many peoples draft boards and could see his stock fall through the floor. New reports that are coming out say that Bosa failed a drug test at the NFL Combine, though it has not been 100% confirmed yet. Charlie Campbell of Walter Football has stated that many teams had concerns about Bosa’s partying while in college.

This could see Bosa drop just like Randy Gregory fell to the second round.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So I say a guy was sacked 6 times. That is a statistic. You're telling me that it wouldn't be a fact? This is worse then a Schmitty argument. I know you want Elliott but let's get real here.
That is not exactly the same kind of "fact" we are talking about.

You are comparing Romo playing the entire season versus one with three others. I don't give a shit how many times Weeden, Cassel and Moore got hit. It is not the same comparison. I won't even get into the "statistic" of a "hit".

But hey, the QB took the same amount of hits! FACT.

Bullshit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
NFL, Sports

GLENN GAREY
33 mins ago 42
The NFL Draft is only one week away and can’t get here soon enough.

One of the biggest names in the draft has reportedly failed a drug test at the NFL combine. Sources are saying that Joey Bosa failed a drug test at the NFL Combine a few weeks ago.

This would take Bosa off of many peoples draft boards and could see his stock fall through the floor. New reports that are coming out say that Bosa failed a drug test at the NFL Combine, though it has not been 100% confirmed yet. Charlie Campbell of Walter Football has stated that many teams had concerns about Bosa’s partying while in college.

This could see Bosa drop just like Randy Gregory fell to the second round.
Boom.

I guess now we sweat out San Diego for Buckner.

This draft is turning into one big fat turd.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But hey, the QB took the same amount of hits! FACT.

Bullshit.
And yet it is still a fact. :dunce

I get it though, you'll make up whatever you can to justify Elliott. If you love him you love him. Just don't try and sell me some pile of shit that drafting him is going to help keep Romo healthy. It's just not true.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, [MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION], that came from a site called "newsbake.com".

Nice Uncle Chaps move. Well done.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Boom.

I guess now we sweat out San Diego for Buckner.

This draft is turning into one big fat turd.
Yeah no way in hell we can take him if that's the case. Not with both our current starting DE's dealing with positive tests. Same thing for Noah Spence.

God just wait, we will end up taking that Floyd turd or something before it is said and done.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So, [MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION], that came from a site called "newsbake.com".

Nice Uncle Chaps move. Well done.
Ask me if I care. Go ahead.

Btw, remember when some bumfuck website was the first to report Lawrence's suspension before anyone "credible"? Yeah, me too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And yet it is still a fact. :dunce

I get it though, you'll make up whatever you can to justify Elliott. If you love him you love him. Just don't try and sell me some pile of shit that drafting him is going to help keep Romo healthy. It's just not true.
It's not just about Elliott.

Stats can be twisted practically any way you want. I still won't deny the FACT that Romo's best season and our best in recent memory came with a real running game.

Not a statistically similar output, based on looking at raw numbers.

It was not the same situationally as far as I know. We sucked at short yardage with McFadden. His YPC might even out with empty runs, but we were not a strong situational running team that could drive the course of the game off of it. When we needed the tough yards that establish momentum, we failed.

If you want to take the time to look up shit like that and prove me wrong, be my guest.

I know how the games flowed and the yards that McFadden pulled were mostly empty and when he did have a chance to make a big play, he'd get tackled after a long run and couldn't finish the job.

The entire offense was out of synch, even though the numbers were similar. Our own OC admits that there was something out of sorts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ask me if I care. Go ahead.

Btw, remember when some bumfuck website was the first to report Lawrence's suspension before anyone "credible"? Yeah, me too.
Oh, I don't care if it was a bullshit site or not.

I just thought you were trolling. But since you posted that in earnest, I will laugh at you later if false.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Oh, I don't care if it was a bullshit site or not.

I just thought you were trolling. But since you posted that in earnest, I will laugh at you later if false.
Well, that's just not very nice.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was not the same situationally as far as I know. We sucked at short yardage with McFadden. His YPC might even out with empty runs, but we were not a strong situational running team that could drive the course of the game off of it. When we needed the tough yards that establish momentum, we failed.
This is basically your only point that was correct in the entire post but you absolutely are right. McFadden is not a good short yardage runner. On third and 1 he isn't the guy I want back there. You know what else McFadden wasn't good at? Running in a zone scheme. His best running plays last year actually came out of your standard man blocking schemes.

Luckily Alfred Morris is great at these things and we signed him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is basically your only point that was correct in the entire post but you absolutely are right. McFadden is not a good short yardage runner. On third and 1 he isn't the guy I want back there. You know what else McFadden wasn't good at? Running in a zone scheme. His best running plays last year actually came out of your standard man blocking schemes.

Luckily Alfred Morris is great at these things and we signed him.
So yeah, like I said, not really a fact that the running game was what we need. Fear of a top running team imposing their will on you over and over might not be the fact you want, but it sure works. I don't even think the Emmitt Smith Cowboys would have the stats to support the reality of what took place on Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom