Eagles trade up to number 2 per PFT

shoop

Semi-contributing member
PHILADELPHIA, PA - AUGUST 28: Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffery Lurie talks to general manager Howie Roseman prior to the preseason game against the New York Jets on August 28, 2014 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Rich Schultz/Getty Images)
Getty Images
The Eagles are going to be able to get a quarterback.

They just have to wait to see which one they get.

The team announced they had traded with the Browns for the second overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, guaranteeing them a shot at either Jared Goff or Carson Wentz, depending on who the Rams want at No. 1.

The Eagles will give up their first-round pick (eighth overall), their third (77th) and fourth (100th), along with their 2017 first-rounder and their 2018 second-rounder. They will get the Browns’ fourth-rounder this year as well as the second pick.

It creates an immediate logjam, after they signed Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel in free agency, but gives them the shot at a franchise quarterback which owner Jeff Lurie so clearly wanted.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
...and to boot, if the Eagles QB ends up a great one, it'll be remembered as specifically Cowboys getting outsmarted.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Roseman has said they love both QBs at two. Said it's like picking between chocolate and vanilla. No question they are going QB.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
...and to boot, if the Eagles QB ends up a great one, it'll be remembered as specifically Cowboys getting outsmarted.
I'd say salt in the wound, but it's like the 45th time, so.... WGAS anymore.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What?

Why the Cowboys being outsmarted?

What about the other teams who did not trade up?

This draft can not get here fast enough.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Eagles trade up to #2

Eagles trade up to #2

CggOO5hW8AEhzIU.jpg

So no Goff or Wentz for us now huh?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They traded 2016 8 overall, 3rd, 4th, 2017 1st, and 2018 2nd and will get back the 2016 2 overall and a conditional 2017 4th.

Sticker shock enough?

That's about the same as and maybe more than our 4 and 34 overall and 2017 1st, which was my assumed minimum.

When you are trading for a QB, the price goes up significantly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What?

Why the Cowboys being outsmarted?

What about the other teams who did not trade up?

This draft can not get here fast enough.
Technically it would be the Eagles outsmarting basically every other NFL team.

Anyway, I'm picking up and moving on. Paxton Lynch it is. It would be a marriage made in heaven.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Wentz ends up being an MVP type of QB it will be a colossal mistake, one of the biggest this organization has ever made considering that we had him at the Senior Bowl for a week and that the cost would've been less for us to get to 2, not to mention he will be in the division.

I just don't think it is very likely, I think the guy will be good, not great. Keep in mind this guy is a developmental QB, much more so than Goff, and his stock is basically inflated by the need for a QB. I was willing to overlook this because we are in the ideal position to take a developmental QB and there are no slam dunk positional players like a Dareus or Mack but at the end of the day he is still developmental. He is not Luck no matter how much the media wants him to be because he's big and can run with a big arm.

He does not do the little things great QB's do, he doesn't move his feet seamlessly in the pocket like the top QB's do, especially in tight quarters, he stares down WR's, he doesn't go through progressions particularly well and he takes big, direct hits. He needs to develop these things and if he can't he won't be a great QB, you run the risk of ruining him if you play him too early, especially without much talent around him.

And I've been saying this for about a month now, and I would be saying it whether he went to the Eagles or Rams. I was one of the first on his bandwagon because I saw the developmental qualities and his work ethic but the hype has gotten out of control since the Senior Bowl to the point where he is some can't miss, ready to play from Day 1 prospect.

dallen

Senior Tech
I wouldn't say we got outsmarted. Wentz at 4? Sure. Trade 4 and our 3rd to trade up to 2 and take Wentz? Maybe. Trade away 2 drafts on a developmental QB? No thank you. Even if it works out for the Eagles that doesn't mean it would have been a smart move for us. We need a QB, but we aren't desperate for one. The Rams and the Eagles made desperation moves. Necessary ones for them, but still desperate.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Cost wasn't as much as I expected. Biggest picks they gave up was next year's 1st and this year's 3rd.

dallen

Senior Tech

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cost wasn't as much as I expected. Biggest picks they gave up was next year's 1st and this year's 3rd.
Yeah for the Eagles is was nice at least how they were able to spread the picks out over 2016, 2017 and 2018. It kind of lessons the blow in any given year so that they aren't totally scrambling to be able to draft someone.

Man I hate this fucking team. The Eagles probably heard Goof son say our priority was QB and made them jump in front of us. Why don't they just shut the fuck up till the draft is over!! Is it that hard!! Now we probably are gonna get Ramsey:picard and the some fucking idiot QB in the later rounds who won't do shit.:budd

Now that reports are out about Lawrence getting suspended now instead of Elliot we probably take Bosa or a body to fill in!! I want Jimmy's Cowboys back!!

Top Bottom