A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So these people believe they are a different gender than their physical sex. It's a firmly held facet of their identity, as crucial to them as your religion is to you.
Good luck convincing anyone but a hardcore liberal that religion is akin to mental disorder, which transgender is.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So these people believe they are a different gender than their physical sex. It's a firmly held facet of their identity, as crucial to them as your religion is to you.

Since they believe they are their gender, they wish to use their gender's restroom. To force them into the wrong restroom is to disavow their personal conviction, their identity. To say, "I know you think your a woman, but that's just a delusion, if you want to take a shit, you have to admit you're a man"

It's an act of disrespect. In the same way that forcing you to disavow your religion to use a facility might be.
It ain't the wrong rest room it's the right rest room and even my religion doesn't advocate that I can use the rest room of my choice.

townsend

Banned
So, townsend is fine with expanding the rights of a small part of the population (because they are psychologically unstable) at the expense of the other 90% of the country. Sounds retarded, doesn't it? Yeah, I thought so, too.
I don't see society as being expensed. Society tends to benefit from inclusion.

As an aside I think 90% of society should stop using "retarded" as a pejorative, even if it is a terrible inconvenience.

townsend

Banned
It ain't the wrong rest room it's the right rest room and even my religion doesn't advocate that I can use the rest room of my choice.
Then you expect to be given more respect than you are willing to give, doesn't sound very Christian.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Good luck convincing anyone but a hardcore liberal that religion is akin to mental disorder, which transgender is.
I don't believe either is, and I believe anyone who's willing to conflate either as one is being bigoted.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't see society as being expensed. Society tends to benefit from inclusion.

As an aside I think 90% of society should stop using "retarded" as a pejorative, even if it is a terrible inconvenience.
It may seem on the surface disrespectful but this was and is a perfectly legitimate word but has been run through the political correctness wash so many times it is now a disrespectful term. The only thing that has changed are the certain people who cannot seem to live with anything that is already correctly depicted so they go the politically corrected methodology. Apparently some feel that the only correct thing is something that has been branded by their life span. The world has gone on for a long time before all this current correctness came along. It is yet to be seem whether the current movements in correctness will bite all of us in the butt.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And, why is that?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It may seem on the surface disrespectful but this was and is a perfectly legitimate word but has been run through the political correctness wash so many times it is now a disrespectful term. The only thing that has changed are the certain people who cannot seem to live with anything that is already correctly depicted so they go the politically corrected methodology. Apparently some feel that the only correct thing is something that has been branded by their life span. The world has gone on for a long time before all this current correctness came along. It is yet to be seem whether the current movements in correctness will bite all of us in the butt.
It's just a word. And, I used it in its proper respect.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't believe either is, and I believe anyone who's willing to conflate either as one is being bigoted.
We're such a hateful bunch here.

Maybe you need re-education on what that word actually means.

townsend

Banned
And, why is that?
Because conflating mental retardation with an insult is to implicitly insult retarded people. This keeps happening to people use "special needs" as an insult, and so on. It's just actively shitting on a group of people who have a hard enough road in life.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
BOOM.

It's amazing how that same logic has been twisted around here.
Wait, what? Please show me ONE conservative that believes what he wrote there. You do realize that's the angle that liberals take, right? That conservatives say that outlawing guns will only keep them from law abiding citizens, and that criminals will be the only ones with them then?

No. Somehow I really doubt that you do. BOOM, indeed.

townsend

Banned
We're such a hateful bunch here.

Maybe you need re-education on what that word actually means.
If this was 20 years ago, and I was arguing for gay rights (on which I was certainly on the wrong side of the argument at the time) the majority of opposition wouldn't make me any less right, and the majority any less bigoted, I'm just out in front of the bandwagon this time.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Because conflating mental retardation with an insult is to implicitly insult retarded people. This keeps happening to people use "special needs" as an insult, and so on. It's just actively shitting on a group of people who have a hard enough road in life.
It wasn't an insult until the political correctness movement. It was a description of an existing condition. And I might add still is.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Hate to break it to you but special needs people aren't like everyone else, they are not normal, and no one wants to be that way. But when you use that term as a perjorative against special needs people, you are insulting the normal person by saying he must have mental problems.

How else should you insult someone by implying their brain isn't working? Calling them stupid insults people with low IQs!

Thats the nature of insults.

townsend

Banned
It wasn't an insult until the political correctness movement. It was a description of an existing condition. And I might add still is.
I don't disagree with it as a medical diagnoses, I disagree with it as an insult. Like I said, I disagree with it being used as a pejorative. PC police weren't the people who created it as an insult, every kid in junior high used it as a synonym for stupidity. As Iamtdg did in his post. If Retardedness is equated to perceived stupidity of a hypothesis, it's not being used as a medical diagnoses.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If this was 20 years ago, and I was arguing for gay rights (on which I was certainly on the wrong side of the argument at the time) the majority of opposition wouldn't make me any less right, and the majority any less bigoted, I'm just out in front of the bandwagon this time.
Homosexuality isn't a mental disorder, though. Transgenderism is.

Pointing it out doesn't make you bigoted.

Frankly the insensitive ones are the people who justify their delusions instead of trying to get to the cause.

townsend

Banned
Hate to break it to you but special needs people aren't like everyone else, they are not normal, and no one wants to be that way. But when you use that term as a perjorative against special needs people, you are insulting the normal person by saying he must have mental problems.

How else should you insult someone by implying their brain isn't working? Calling them stupid insults people with low IQs!

Thats the nature of insults.
So if you called someone you disrespected "retarded" in front of a retarded person, you would feel a little bit guilty? You don't think that equating someone who has qualities you dislike with the handicaps that someone has to endure isn't deeply disrespectful?

How would you explain that to a retarded person, that you like to use their affliction as as insult, that you so inherently disrespect them, that you compare well-bodied, well-minded people to them, to demonstrate how foolish they are. Nope, no bigots in this crowd.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Also, not wanting to confirm to pre existing gender roles isn't what I mean. I mean the delusion of thinking you "should have" been born the opposite gender. If there is no God, then there is no "should have" -- you received a random assignment and that's what you are. If there is a God, he didn't mess up.... Societal pressure, childhood trauma, etc, did it.

Top Bottom