JJT: Fear of Tony Romo injury shouldn't make Cowboys reach for quarterback

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Hard for any QB to literally carry the whole team. There has to be help running, defense, WR's, coaching-- basically everything.

People say Brady or Rodgers do it, but they neglect to add the coaching, defense, running game, etc. that helped them get there.

The one game the Pats said fuck it and relied totally on Brady throwing with almost no running they lost 17-14 to New York in the Superbowl. Had they brought even a little game balance they win handily.

Romo's success has often been in spite of Dallas' coaching or supporting cast.

When he has a running game, he has no defense (2014). When he has a defense he has no OL or goal line offense (2006, 2009). When he has most of the starting talent he needs, he has no coaching, secondary or reliable depth (2007).

Romo can do it, but when his upper management keeps passing on foundation players like Buckner in favor of shiny toys in the secondary like Ramsey it gets harder and harder.

I mean Romo and Murray showed them the blueprint of how Dallas can beat any fucking team just about anywhere, and they basically ignored the RB position believing McFadden to be some kind of hidden gem.

They start the season barely able to run the ball after the first drive, became unbalanced, and lose Romo to a LB blitz on an empty backfield 2nd and 10 because the only thing they can get going is Dunbar out of the backfield. Murray wasn't just a stud option to grind out tough yards, he was also a reliable bodyguard.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
It's going to be Dak. What a waste when Goff is destroying us year to year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'll say this.... If the Eagles move up and take the QB, we could probably safely move down and get Elliott then. I think that then becomes my preference.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Hard for any QB to literally carry the whole team. There has to be help running, defense, WR's, coaching-- basically everything.

People say Brady or Rodgers do it, but they neglect to add the coaching, defense, running game, etc. that helped them get there.

The one game the Pats said fuck it and relied totally on Brady throwing with almost no running they lost 17-14 to New York in the Superbowl. Had they brought even a little game balance they win handily.

Romo's success has often been in spite of Dallas' coaching or supporting cast.

When he has a running game, he has no defense (2014). When he has a defense he has no OL or goal line offense (2006, 2009). When he has most of the starting talent he needs, he has no coaching, secondary or reliable depth (2007).

Romo can do it, but when his upper management keeps passing on foundation players like Buckner in favor of shiny toys in the secondary like Ramsey it gets harder and harder.

I mean Romo and Murray showed them the blueprint of how Dallas can beat any fucking team just about anywhere, and they basically ignored the RB position believing McFadden to be some kind of hidden gem.

They start the season barely able to run the ball after the first drive, became unbalanced, and lose Romo to a LB blitz on an empty backfield 2nd and 10 because the only thing they can get going is Dunbar out of the backfield. Murray wasn't just a stud option to grind out tough yards, he was also a reliable bodyguard.
The hidden gem to back up Plan A. Make no mistake, this franchise decided Joseph Randle would be RB1 for a team with what seemed to be legitimate Super Bowl aspirations.

Let Murray go at the price Philly was offering? Absolutely in the best interests of the franchise.

Replacing him with Randle? A thorough and complete organizational failure at every level.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'll say this.... If the Eagles move up and take the QB, we could probably safely move down and get Elliott then. I think that then becomes my preference.
Somebody is going to have to want to move up If Tunsil is gone I don't see that being a hot pick.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Nobody is disputing that.
Was just stating that one reason Romo was able to be so successful and convert those 3rd downs was due to the running game keeping teams honest. Take that away and many of those conversions would've have been there.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Somebody is going to have to want to move up If Tunsil is gone I don't see that being a hot pick.
If the Browns trade with Philly they might want to trade back up to get Ramsey, just like Tenn wants to trade back up for Tunsil...:unsure

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Was just stating that one reason Romo was able to be so successful and convert those 3rd downs was due to the running game keeping teams honest. Take that away and many of those conversions would've have been there.
Yep.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could be, but that type of trading around rarely happens.
Plus the Browns have a shit ton of holes and actually need the mass amount of players. Sometimes more picks isn't better for a team (They don't have space for that many picks) but in the case of the Browns that isn't true.

I would wonder though, would our third and next years first move us up to the second pick? Wouldn't that be a similar trade to what the Eagles are offering since the Browns would only be moving down 2 spots?

Landry

DCC 4Life
Plus the Browns have a shit ton of holes and actually need the mass amount of players. Sometimes more picks isn't better for a team (They don't have space for that many picks) but in the case of the Browns that isn't true.

I would wonder though, would our third and next years first move us up to the second pick? Wouldn't that be a similar trade to what the Eagles are offering since the Browns would only be moving down 2 spots?
Eagles now picking second.

townsend

Banned
Eagles traded away their 1st, 3rd, and 4th this year, as well as their 1st and 2nd next year. Not quite as much as the Rams paid, but pretty damn close.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Wow.. Just wow. Well, they certainly fucked us for getting a top-tier QB at the #4 pick. Best now is Lynch.

Top Bottom