Garrett On Ramsey...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just curious, did anyone watch the PC live?

I didn't and watched the video on the official site, and I swear I think it was edited.

I distinctly recall Tweets about the content, yet a good bit of it wasn't on that video.

I saw Garrett rub it off, grinning about Ramsey....Jerry Jones talking about how uber cool it was how Ramsey got kicked out of practice for hitting too hard.

I also fail to see Jones gushing about Elliott, but people came away that Elliott is realistic.

Based on that video, you'd think Ramsey was pretty much the only player we want.

Anyone know an answer?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, I don't think he has the instincts to ever be that type of a safety. He was all over the field and basically impossible for a QB to avoid. I've never seen anything close to that out of Ramsey. Ed Reed had a combined 17 ints as a Junior and Senior in college. Good god he was a special talent.
Yeah, but did he ever get kicked out of practice for being too physical? Nuh uh. No sir.

Carl

RIP Brother
Just curious, did anyone watch the PC live?

I didn't and watched the video on the official site, and I swear I think it was edited.

I distinctly recall Tweets about the content, yet a good bit of it wasn't on that video.

I saw Garrett rub it off, grinning about Ramsey....Jerry Jones talking about how uber cool it was how Ramsey got kicked out of practice for hitting too hard.

I also fail to see Jones gushing about Elliott, but people came away that Elliott is realistic.

Based on that video, you'd think Ramsey was pretty much the only player we want.

Anyone know an answer?
I tried to watch, but watching Jerry makes me feel ill. I talked to a couple of people after (not sources, people) and it would appear Ramsey will be their pick. I don't see the point after picking Jones last year, but what do I know.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, but did he ever get kicked out of practice for being too physical? Nuh uh. No sir.
I really hope Jerry isn't dumb enough to repeatedly gush over the player we really want in the draft at 4 but that's probably hoping for too much.

dallen

Senior Tech
I really want to like Ramsey. It's not just looking at stats. I watch games of the guy and I just don't see it. I see a guy who can blitz really well but he is mostly going unblocked. I see a guy who usually isn't getting to the ball until the receiver has a chance to catch it. NFL teams just get so caught up in projections and potential. I can see how the guy can run and he can hit. He actually plays even bigger then he is. So I can see some of that "potential" to play safety. But geez, I watch some Karl Joseph and I'm not projecting. I see a guy who is all over the field making plays as a safety.

I know it's a hype video but damn I really like this kid at safety. Clips like this just don't exist for Ramsey.
Yep. I would love it if he turns out to be the next Ed Reed or Deion, but I don't see it.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And I can see it now.. And I'm sick.. It's like that recurring nightmare...

Zeke as a Giant...

Running through our defense.. Spiking the ball after big runs.. Pointing at Garrett and the Cowboys sideline.. Talking shit to them.. And rightly so...

As Ramsey trying to chase him down from the safety position in the secondary because the d-line can't tackle shit.

Good for the Giants though...

Same ol shit.. Take a couple years off.. Methodically address the needs.. Patiently wait..And add the most dynamic playmaker in the draft.. At their #10 spot.

A player with emotion and passion that can juice up an offense. A player like Zeke.

But it's cool, we'll plod along with McFadden & Morris.. No home run threat whatsoever... Hell? Randle was an idiot, but it was refreshing to see him bust long runs and long TDs.. Like lightening in a bottle...

But Zeke will remind Garrett and the Cowboys sideline of that when he's talking shit to them.

Meanwhile? Dallas will sleepwalk through periods with the same ol overhyped aging players.. Looking like they've never played together at times.. Although, again, they've been together for years.

Typical Giants.. Good for them..Take a couple years off..

And then back in title contention yet again!
Giants are poised for another Superbowl run. They are loaded. With that amazing WR corps, Manning, and their defensive upgrades Elliott will make them unstoppable.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And I can see it now.. And I'm sick.. It's like that recurring nightmare...

Zeke as a Giant...

Running through our defense.. Spiking the ball after big runs.. Pointing at Garrett and the Cowboys sideline.. Talking shit to them.. And rightly so...

As Ramsey trying to chase him down from the safety position in the secondary because the d-line can't tackle shit.

Good for the Giants though...

Same ol shit.. Take a couple years off.. Methodically address the needs.. Patiently wait..And add the most dynamic playmaker in the draft.. At their #10 spot.

A player with emotion and passion that can juice up an offense. A player like Zeke.

But it's cool, we'll plod along with McFadden & Morris.. No home run threat whatsoever... Hell? Randle was an idiot, but it was refreshing to see him bust long runs and long TDs.. Like lightening in a bottle...

But Zeke will remind Garrett and the Cowboys sideline of that when he's talking shit to them.

Meanwhile? Dallas will sleepwalk through periods with the same ol overhyped aging players.. Looking like they've never played together at times.. Although, again, they've been together for years.

Typical Giants.. Good for them..Take a couple years off..

And then back in title contention yet again!
I doubt the giants would take Elliot if he's there. I think they go defense. Even if they do take Elliot, he's not going to make them a super bowl contender. Honestly, I don't love the way they've been building this off-season. Teams built heavily through overpriced above average free agents usually don't work out.

I feel the same way about Philly.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Dallas will shove Ramsey down our throat, and a team like New Orleans will get this:

"None of QB Paxton Lynch's four interceptions last season came when under pressure—in fact, his NFL passer rating under pressure was 100.6."

They're lucky. We aren't.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt the giants would take Elliot if he's there. I think they go defense. Even if they do take Elliot, he's not going to make them a super bowl contender. Honestly, I don't love the way they've been building this off-season. Teams built heavily through overpriced above average free agents usually don't work out.

I feel the same way about Philly.
Honestly, Elliott doesn't scare me playing for another team.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Probably not, although I think Morris could have a big bounce back year here.
I still think I'd rather have a true home run threat. Lightening in a bottle. I've said it before, but for as idiotic as Joseph Randle was off the field, the refreshing part was watching him take advantage of his o-line for some "burst runs" and long touchdowns.

That was really refreshing. But I guess the plodding aging running backs on the downside of their careers will have to do for now?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I still think I'd rather have a true home run threat. Lightening in a bottle. I've said it before, but for as idiotic as Joseph Randle was off the field, the refreshing part was watching him take advantage of his o-line for some "burst runs" and long touchdowns.

That was really refreshing. But I guess the plodding aging running backs on the downside of their careers will have to do for now?

Randle sucked. He is certainly a knucklehead off the field. But on the field he just wasn't any good. His 2 good runs per game didn't negate his 15 bad runs.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Dallas will shove Ramsey down our throat, and a team like New Orleans will get this:

"None of QB Paxton Lynch's four interceptions last season came when under pressure—in fact, his NFL passer rating under pressure was 100.6."

They're lucky. We aren't.
Why does that blurb mean so much to you?

It's a pretty random stat.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Why does that blurb mean so much to you?

It's a pretty random stat.
It's a stat that shows the guy is good under pressure. And the NFL brings plenty of pressure. And it's because I think Lynch likely the best QB in the draft. And a team like New Orleans will smartly address their aging QB as they plan for the future.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Randle sucked. He is certainly a knucklehead off the field. But on the field he just wasn't any good. His 2 good runs per game didn't negate his 15 bad runs.
We've been down this road a hundred times, and I have no problem making this a hundred and one.

He sucked. We called him on it before he played serious downs, during his games and time as starter (gods, that was hard to write), and during and after all his bullcrap off the field. We repeatedly said the guy sucked.

Those 1-2 bursts each game that he managed to put together behind what may be the best OL in history (certainly in Dallas)somehow were enough to win him his few advocates, but I'll chalk that up to the same effect as tossing a cracker to a starving man, or in our case fans hungry for any semblance of a running game after Murray's great season.

Last edited:
Top Bottom