DeMarcus Lawrence SUSPENDED? WTF?!?!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is some assumptive talk going on right now on Twitter that says Lawrence has a very good chance of getting his suspension reduced or even eliminated. Gil Brandt is championing it, so take it for what it's worth.
Well it has happened in the past in the NFL with regards to amphetamine tests. Was it Welkers whose was overturned because it took place during the offseason?

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Lawrence does not seem to have the demeanor of a meth head. Have you ever checked out the OTC cold/allergy medicines at your local pharmacy? It seems like every single one of them contains some sort of amphetamine (or equivalent of). Should these guys run every single thing they take for the fucking sniffles by the team trainer first? Unbelievable.

I went to Walgreens.com and clicked on the first cold remedy I found:

Look at the second ingredient... no wonder these guys are always testing positive. And no I am not naive enough to believe that all these guys are just "taking cold medicine" either. I don't know if this is a zero tolerance situation, but they have to come up with some secondary method of determining whether these guys are abusing these medications or legitimatly using them to treat the symptoms of an illness.

townsend

Banned
Lawrence does not seem to have the demeanor of a meth head. Have you ever checked out the OTC cold/allergy medicines at your local pharmacy? It seems like every single one of them contains some sort of amphetamine (or equivalent of). Should these guys run every single thing they take for the fucking sniffles by the team trainer first? Unbelievable.

I went to Walgreens.com and clicked on the first cold remedy I found:

Look at the second ingredient... no wonder these guys are always testing positive. And no I am not naive enough to believe that all these guys are just "taking cold medicine" either. I don't know if this is a zero tolerance situation, but they have to come up with some secondary method of determining whether these guys are abusing these medications or legitimatly using them to treat the symptoms of an illness.
It does seem weird that a guy who gained like 35 pounds in 2015 would be tweaking in the 2016 offseason, when he should be relaxing.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
It does seem weird that a guy who gained like 35 pounds in 2015 would be tweaking in the 2016 offseason, when he should be relaxing.
Ok, my sarcasm detectors on the fritz again... didn't they want him to put on that weight?

townsend

Banned
Ok, my sarcasm detectors on the fritz again... didn't they want him to put on that weight?
I wasn't being sarcastic. I don't think his physical conditioning and development is consistent with someone who would use amphetamines recreationally, and it's not like he's in the middle of a demanding season, so it wouldn't make sense for him to use them as some kind of performance enhancers.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
There is some assumptive talk going on right now on Twitter that says Lawrence has a very good chance of getting his suspension reduced or even eliminated. Gil Brandt is championing it, so take it for what it's worth.
RKGeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

:towel

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I have liked Garrett and his message
It is a generic message that is impossible to disagree with.

But he lacks the bite that both players and team owner/GMs respect. No one will ever "walk on eggshells" around Garrett. You've just got to be ready for a forceful pat on the back, smack to the head, or wink.

When Jerry gets asked a question, he doesn't reference a collaboration with "his partner" Garrett when constructing a response. Jerry's partners are his sons and a rotating cast of characters who have his ear.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Plain and simple, we think we can rehab these retards. Something Jones probably picked up from Al Davis.
Yep. On the bright side the old oil wildcatter probably will be out of here in under a decade. Also, thanks to our ultra-PC society, faux social media outrage, and the recent risky moves blowing up in their faces, I think there's a chance they'll be less inclined to take those types of risks going forward.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep. On the bright side the old oil wildcatter probably will be out of here in under a decade. Also, thanks to our ultra-PC society, faux social media outrage, and the recent risky moves blowing up in their faces, I think there's a chance they'll be less inclined to take those types of risks going forward.
Back in the day, we were raping and pillaging, and nobody gave a shit.

Now some mediocre DE takes Adderall, and it is like OMIGAWD.

I hate what a judgmental fake moral outrage society we have become.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well that definitely does make me feel a lot better. I can survive 4 games with some random body at RE. But to go 4 games with both starting DE's out is brutal.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hopefully, the final decision is made well before Thursday.

This has been pretty much the most up and down dramatic draft season I can remember.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hopefully, the final decision is made well before Thursday.

This has been pretty much the most up and down dramatic draft season I can remember.
Watch. The appeal won't be heard until after the draft. Or at least the decision won't come down until then.

This draft season has been brutal. At the beginning of the year, I was hoping we'd take a flyer on Wentz in the 3rd or 4th. Then, as the season unfolded, hoped we'd take him in the 2nd. Then thought we might have to trade in to the bottom of the 1st for a shot at him. Then lo and behold... The stars aligned. He was gonna be there when we picked 4th, and it looked like we were really interested, too. YAY!! Then the Rams had to fuck with everything. But there was still a chance... Then the Eagles... ~runs away crying~

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Will this be another one of those familiar years?

1. Players who have been together for years looking like it's their first time on the field together? Particularly on offense?

2. Holding our breath on 3rd & short because "the best offensive line in the NFL" can't consistently shove out a yard.

3. Romo under instant duress because "the best offensive line in the NFL" looks like they've never played together before. Without Bill Callahan

4. Watching a revolving door of players on both sides of the ball with virtually no continuity because of suspensions and the standard multi player, multi game injuries. A yearly tradition.

5. A head coach clapping his way through games as his team has serious lapses, no consistency and numerous collapses.

Are these the things we can look forward to in 2016?

Just to name a few?

Feel free to add others

Thank you

I see 7-9, 8-8, maybe 9-7. No matter what's taken in draft, they will get hurt in the offseason, guys suspended, Romo will be hurt. Coaching will lose us about 3 or 4 games, and we will have the usual 2 games in a season that we get blown out because they take a game or two off. Rinse, repeat...top 15 draft order...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

Listened to the press conference and he didn't really confirm it at all. He lumped Gregory and Lawrence together and just sort of said that those things are a loss and a setback.

Daillest88

Brand New Member

as the appeal been heard yet?

Top Bottom