DC.com - Staff Writers Give Their “Two Cents” With Cowboys’ Personalized Mock Draft

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
New Orleans/San Fran/Denver war rooms:

"Those idiots in Dallas done not addressing their hurt more than healthy 36 year old quarterback yet? Let me know when they're done drafting their corner who's a better safety. Who they'll undoubtedly play at corner. That way we can move up and get our guy. Dallas is one of those Brian Hoyer, Case Keenum, Ryan Mallett QB shuffle teams when it comes to replacing their guy.

Let me know when they pass on their future, so we can get ours."

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Articles I read said we would have gotten the top pick but I'm not researching the tie breakers to find out.
We would've been tied at 3-13 with the Titans and Browns, but the Titans had a worse winning % and would've been #1. We would've been tied with the Browns and picked 2 or 3, not sure about the tiebreaker.

So it's possible if we were 2 to have been in position for one of the QB's. But if we were 3 we would be in basically the same boat looking at Ramsey, Bosa, Buckner, etc.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'd rather draft Ramsey. And I do NOT want Ramsey.
Ramsey's more needed than Tunsil in Dallas, but probably only Dallas. I think someone might want to trade up ahead of Baltimore for Tunsil. It would be amazing if we could trade down with SF and get Elliott and their 3rd rounder.

dallen

Senior Tech
Ramsey's more needed than Tunsil in Dallas, but probably only Dallas. I think someone might want to trade up ahead of Baltimore for Tunsil. It would be amazing if we could trade down with SF and get Elliott and their 3rd rounder.
Tunsil will almost certainly be the BPA when we pick. There is a certain logic to picking him and moving him to RT. There are worse choices we could make.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Tunsil will almost certainly be the BPA when we pick. There is a certain logic to picking him and moving him to RT. There are worse choices we could make.
Law of diminishing returns says no. How much would he improve us? If we rush for say 1800 yards and 15 TDs as a team without him, how much would we gain with him? Let's say he takes us to 2000 yards and 17 TDs. That would be a gain of 12.5 yards and .125 TDs per game. Or maybe you think we'd gain more. If so, how much? We already have 4 1st round caliber guys on the line. How much would the 5th really improve us?

Now, if we used that pick on RB, how much would that improve us? Or DL? Or even DB? Would we see a bigger spike in productivity on those units if the pick was used there? I'm betting we would. By a lot. Especially when compared against the possible gain we'd see on the Oline.

Just say no to drafting Tunsil. Unless it's some other team wanting to draft him at #4. Then I might be persuaded to say yes.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Can I come here on draft day and vent my frustrations as the picks come in and Dallas shits the war room at #4?

Please advise

Thank you

dallen

Senior Tech
Law of diminishing returns says no. How much would he improve us? If we rush for say 1800 yards and 15 TDs as a team without him, how much would we gain with him? Let's say he takes us to 2000 yards and 17 TDs. That would be a gain of 12.5 yards and .125 TDs per game. Or maybe you think we'd gain more. If so, how much? We already have 4 1st round caliber guys on the line. How much would the 5th really improve us?

Now, if we used that pick on RB, how much would that improve us? Or DL? Or even DB? Would we see a bigger spike in productivity on those units if the pick was used there? I'm betting we would. By a lot. Especially when compared against the possible gain we'd see on the Oline.

Just say no to drafting Tunsil. Unless it's some other team wanting to draft him at #4. Then I might be persuaded to say yes.
I'm not saying it is the best choice. I'm not saying it is what I would do. I just don't think everyone should be dismissing it. Everything I've read and seen says Tunsil is the closest to a sure thing All Pro this draft has. All things being equal of course almost any other position would improve the team more, but there won't be another player with Tunsil's talent available. I guess I am saying I think a 2nd Tyron Smith would improve the team more than a 2nd Morris Claiborne. Mostly, I am just still pissed off that have the #4 pick in a draft that seems otherwise designed to fuck us.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not saying it is the best choice. I'm not saying it is what I would do. I just don't think everyone should be dismissing it. Everything I've read and seen says Tunsil is the closest to a sure thing All Pro this draft has.
There is no such thing as a sure thing in the draft. I've seen many rankings that don't have him as the number 1 player. Hell I've even seen some reports that don't have him as the top OT.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Can I come here on draft day and vent my frustrations as the picks come in and Dallas shits the war room at #4?

Please advise

Thank you
Yes, we will have a draft weekend chatter thread for that very purpose.

dallen

Senior Tech
There is no such thing as a sure thing in the draft. I've seen many rankings that don't have him as the number 1 player. Hell I've even seen some reports that don't have him as the top OT.
No, shit?

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Dane Bruglar just said that after listening to Jerry & Stephen talk, it's Jalen Ramsey at 4. If the Chargers take Ramsey, then it's Zeke at 4.

Get ready for a corner... who's a better safety... And will be playing corner fellas!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dane Bruglar just said that after listening to Jerry & Stephen talk, it's Jalen Ramsey at 4. If the Chargers take Ramsey, then it's Zeke at 4.

Get ready for a corner... who's a better safety... And will be playing corner fellas!
Eh, Garrett talked about Ramsey but I don't share Bruglar's interpretation. Of course Garrett's monotone voice makes it hard to get a read on if he is excited over a guy or if he wants to murder their future children.

Never mind, now I got to Jerry gushing about Ramsey and how he got suspended for a game for practicing "too" hard. Oh FFS

Last edited:

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Eh, Garrett talked about Ramsey but I don't share Bruglar's interpretation. Of course Garrett's monotone voice makes it hard to get a read on if he is excited over a guy or if he wants to murder their future children.

Never mind, now I got to Jerry gushing about Ramsey and how he got suspended for a game for practicing "too" hard. Oh FFS
Did you see the latest draft consultant? Deion Sanders?

I guess they trying to find out from Deion if Ramsey can play corner or not?

Lmao!!

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Between Jerry and Garrett, they did praise Ramsey more than any other single player.

Jerry said Bosa's character concerns wouldn't stop them from drafting him. Fisher said people should interpret that to mean that they wouldn't draft Bosa because he's not talented enough, not because he tested positive for pot or likes raves or whatever. I can't stand Fisher, but I think he might be right on that.

Also, Steve was asked about Zeke at #4 and said something along the lines of, well he's a top ten player.

Just reading tea leaves, I think Ramsey is the guy. Sorry DCC CB haters. (Or would he be a S for us?)

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Between Jerry and Garrett, they did praise Ramsey more than any other single player.

Jerry said Bosa's character concerns wouldn't stop them from drafting him. Fisher said people should interpret that to mean that they wouldn't draft Bosa because he's not talented enough, not because he tested positive for pot or likes raves or whatever. I can't stand Fisher, but I think he might be right on that.

Also, Steve was asked about Zeke at #4 and said something along the lines of, well he's a top ten player.

Just reading tea leaves, I think Ramsey is the guy. Sorry DCC CB haters. (Or would he be a S for us?)
Well, they lied to me and told me that Claiborne was the next Deion. And now they've brought in Deion to find the next Deion.

Although they have lied repeatedly before?????

How can I trust them now???

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah he just sort of said that he is a top 10 player in the draft but didn't really make it sound like he was in the discussion at 4.

One of the reports kind of called out Ramsey for not being a play maker and Garrett was quick to give him the Deion defense that no one was testing him. But is that really true? It's not that easy to avoid a safety in college. Or it shouldn't be at least. And why would someone be afraid of him? You sort of have to prove you're dangerous before someone gets scared of you.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
having two elite tackles wouldn't hurt my feelings, but someone should want to trade up for Tunsil. He's not a QB, but he could be a franchise LT.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
I listened to Jerry and Stephen closely. And here is what they told me:

Bosa is out, he won't be picked at 4. Ramsey is the pick at 4 UNLESS he is taken by the Chargers. In that case, it's Zeke or a trade back to #6 with a team moving for Tunsil (like Baltimore).

Then it guarantees Zeke or Bosa at 6.

I parsed every word and this is exactly what they told me.

In fact, I am so confident this is true, that if it isn't I am prepared to shit my pants and sit in it for the duration of the 1st round. I will then clean up at the conclusion of round 1, and I will submit what I know for round 2.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In fact, I am so confident this is true, that if it isn't I am prepared to shit my pants and sit in it for the duration of the 1st round. I will then clean up at the conclusion of round 1, and I will submit what I know for round 2.
It's funny, I read someone else who did the same thing and came away with it thinking that there is no way Dallas takes Zeke at 4.

I'm not sure why you would take what they said as Bosa is out. They did gush about Ramsey though which makes me sick to my stomach. I didn't think much of Garrett talking about him but when Jerry started talking about him much later in the press conference it was almost sickening. I hope Jerry is just doing the old salesmen sale to try and garner more picks for a trade back.

Top Bottom