A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I knew you had a daughter with Down's, and I was a little taken aback that you used the term. I figured if anyone would want to snub out the word it would be someone who's family member could very likely have it used against them.

I was raised with a cousin who had Down's syndrome in my house for most of my childhood. As it turns out this has been considered a slur for the better part of 20 years. Which is to say, I knew not to say it when I was a child in the 90s. Me, as a homeschooled kid from a conservative family knew that was a bad word. So no, it's not any social justice crusade, it's just expecting people to act respectfully.
It's just a word with no power on its own. Being offended by it is what gives it power. Same with most slurs. Would I be offended if someone walked up to us and said, "Why would you choose to keep this drooling retard in your house?" Absolutely. But, I would be more offended that someone would suggest I give up my daughter than I would with the words he used.

Being a world traveler, I figured you would have already learned this.

Cotton

Staff member
By the way, not understanding the difference between childish and retarded is a brilliant demonstration of the monochromatic worldview I was talking about. Children are expected to become adults, you can tell a child he's being childish, in an expectation that he should act more like an adult. Retarded people don't become not retarded. If I say someone is being immature it means they're falling short of their potential, if I called the same person retarded I'd be equivocating their preventable character flaw, that they should feel guilty for, with an unchanging disability. Therefore I'd be demonstrating that retarded people should feel bad about their handicap. It's called nuance bro, use your healthy brain and perceive it.
When I call someone retarded, I am not meaning childish. It would be the second definition seen below.

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective

datedoffensive
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.

informaloffensive
very foolish or stupid.

"in retrospect, it was a totally retarded idea"

townsend

Banned
It's just a word with no power on its own. Being offended by it is what gives it power. Same with most slurs. Would I be offended if someone walked up to us and said, "Why would you choose to keep this drooling retard in your house?" Absolutely. But, I would be more offended that someone would suggest I give up my daughter than I would with the words he used.

Being a world traveler, I figured you would have already learned this.
In my travels, I've found that your perspective is not universally reflected. That use of slurs is a transparent display of disrespect. If I was ever in a position to hire someone, and found slurs on their social media, I would absolutely throw away their resume, because people who're so transparently contemptuous don't contribute to a comfortable environment for the people that they're showing contempt for.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
When I call someone retarded, I am not meaning childish. It would be the second definition seen below.
Dude. You need to pay attention to these lessons we are being given on how to properly insult somebody. Without, you know, offending anybody. I mean, this guy is a world traveler that has come out of his adolescent cocoon. He, uh... Challenged himself.

~snicker~

townsend

Banned
By the way, I don't equate liberalism with enlightenment and conservatism with boorishness. There are plenty of dumb asshole liberals too. Because they also fail to grasp nuance, and mainly parrot something someone else has said. To me maturity is showing up with your tool bag, finding out which tools work, throwing out the ones that don't, and finding new ones that are necessary. Frankly if you speak in no uncertain terms on a concept you have a limited grasp of, it's a tell-tale sign of immaturity.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Texas Experts Debunk The Transgender "Bathroom Predator" Myth Ahead Of HERO Referendum
October 15, 2015 10:28 am ET
Opponents of Houston’s LGBT-inclusive Equal Rights Ordinance warn that non-discrimination protections threaten women's safety in public restrooms. But experts -- including law enforcement officials, government employees, and advocates for sexual assault victims -- from three Texas cities with similar non-discrimination ordinances debunk the "bathroom predator" myth, citing empirical evidence and experience working with sexual assault victims.

Texas Cities With Similar Non-Discrimination Laws Disprove The Bathroom Predator” Myth

Media Matters Contacted Officials In Three Texas Cities With Similar Non-Discrimination Laws. Media Matters contacted city officials, law enforcement officials, and advocates for sexual assault victims in Texas cities with similar non-discrimination laws in place, and asked:

Have gender identity/transgender public accommodations protections resulted in increased sexual assault or rape in women’s restrooms? Has [CITY] encountered any other problems as a result of such protections?
AUSTIN

Austin Has Prohibited Discrimination On The Basis Of Gender Identity Since 2004. In 2004, Austin’s city council voted to add “gender identity” to the list of characteristics protected from discrimination in housing, public accommodations, and employment. [City of Austin, 6/10/04; Austin Equal Employment and Fair Housing Office, accessed 10/6/15]

SAFE Alliance: “Cannot Recall A Single Incident” Of Sexual Assault In Public Restrooms.
Emily LeBlanc, director of community advocacy at Austin’s SAFE Alliance -- a group that works with survivors of sexual assault and exploitation, domestic violence, and child abuse and neglect -- told Media Matters:

I checked in with the manager who oversees all of our advocates--she reads reports on every forensic medical accompaniment we provide and has for about 5 years. She cannot recall a single incident in a women’s restroom in that time. So while I can’t tell you for sure that it never happens I can tell you that it has not been an issue we’ve seen for the survivors who’ve reached out for our services. [Email to Media Matters, 10/2/15]

City Council Mayor Pro Tem: “Have Not Heard Of Such Incidents”
As A Result Of Non-Discrimination Ordinance. Kathie Tovo, mayor pro tem of the Austin City Council, told Media Matters:

Austin incorporated gender identity into our non-discrimination ordinance in 2004; the only notable change is that those who are transgender have a legal remedy should they be denied a public accommodation. While the data would be difficult to track, I can say that I have not heard of such incidents in my years of service on the Austin City Council. [Email to Media Matters, 10/10/15]
Austin Police Department: “Never Heard Of Any Cases” Of Suspect Entering A Public Restroom While Claiming To Be Transgender. Austin Police Department Detective Mike Crumrine told Media Matters:
I have never heard of any cases in which a suspect entered a public restroom while being dressed as a woman, (or claiming to be transgender), and sexually assaulted a female victim, nor have I heard of a male and assaulting another male victim in this manner. I checked with detective Rae Egan who just transferred from Sex Crimes to homicide, she too has never heard of APD working a case like that. Sergeant Benningfield was a detective in Sex Crimes before me and is currently the sergeant of the unit. She may have heard of such a case but, to my knowledge, in the six plus years from when she left as a detective to when she came back as the sergeant there has not been a case. [Email to Media Matters, 10/13/15]

Sergeant Sandra Benningfield also told Media Matters:

We have checked and we have nothing that matches transgender going into bathrooms to commit sexual assaults. [Email to Media Matters, 10/13/15]
Dallas

Dallas Has Prohibited Discrimination On The Basis Of Sexual Orientation And Gender Identity Since 2002.
For over a decade, Dallas has prohibited discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity in housing, employment, and public accommodations. [City of Dallas, accessed 10/5/15]

Dallas Fair Housing Office “Not Aware” Of Increase In Sexual Assault In Women’s Restrooms. In response to Media Matters’ inquiry, Fair Housing Office Assistant Director Beverly Davis stated that her office was unaware of any increase in sexual assault attributed to the city’s non-discrimination ordinance:
In response to your inquiry, we are not aware of any increase in sexual assaults or rapes in women’s restrooms here in the City of Dallas that can be attributed to our LGBT non-discrimination ordinance.

[…]

The city’s leadership has made a concerted effort to promote diversity and respect for all citizens and visitors to the City of Dallas. [Email to Media Matters, 9/16/15]

Dallas Rape Crisis Center: Bathroom Predator Myth Comes From “Ignorance.”
April A. Mitchell, chief executive officer at the Dallas Area Rape Crisis Center (DARCC), told Media Matters:
These protections are passed with the intention to protect those that are vulnerable to harm in their communities. In our experience, sexual predators will perpetrate under ANY circumstance that presents itself. These types of ordinances or laws do not increase the sexual assaults or rapes for the community. Further, for communities to refuse these basic protections for all citizens will give power to those that would harm others. Last, those that cite this proposition as an “opportunity” to victimize someone are simply doing so in ignorance; not understanding the mentality of perpetrators.
To our knowledge there have not been any problems related to sexual assault and these mandated ordinances by any gender identified or trans gendered persons. [Email to Media Matters, 10/12/15]

EL PASO

El Paso Has Prohibited LGBT Discrimination Since 2003.
In 2003, El Paso amended its municipal code to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity in places of public accommodation. [City of El Paso, accessed 10/5/15]

El Paso Human Resources Director: “No Evidence” Of Negative Outcomes From Non-Discrimination Ordinance. In response to Media Matters’ inquiry, Linda Thomas, City of El Paso Human Resources Director, said that there was “no evidence” of sexual assault related to the city’s LGBT non-discrimination ordinance, adding “HR has not received complaints of that nature, nor are they in Police statistics.” [Email to Media Matters, 9/18/15]

El Paso Police Department: “We Haven’t Seen These Types Of Incidents Here.
” Sergeant Enrique Carrillo from the El Paso Police Department told Media Matters in a statement:

We haven’t seen these types of incidents here. Not an issue. [Email to Media Matters, 10/14/15]
Center Against Sexual And Family Violence: LGBT Non-Discrimination Laws “Do Not Put Women At Risk.” Stephanie Karr, executive director of El Paso’s Center Against Sexual and Family Violence, told Media Matters:

El Paso approved an LGBT-inclusive non-discrimination law in April of 2003. In our experience 80% of all our clients who were sexually assaulted knew their perpetrator, which is on par with statistics nationwide. Sexual assault is a crime of opportunity facilitated by knowing the victim. Of all the transgender persons we have worked with, every one of them, has been the victim of a sexual assault. LGBT-inclusive non-discrimination laws do not put women at risk of being sexually assaulted. These laws help foster a culture that validates and protects LGBT individuals from discrimination and violence. [Email to Media Matters, 10/7/15]
Experts In 15 Other States Have Previously Debunked The Transgender Bathroom Myth. Law enforcement officials, victims' rights advocates, and human rights commission officials in states and localities with transgender non-discrimination protections have debunked the claim that sexual predators will exploit non-discrimination laws, calling it "beyond specious." [Media Matters, 3/20/14]

__________________________________________________________________________________

Towns has been right this entire time.

Comments?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not a typical anything, you're just a guy who hasn't bothered to challenge himself or his own views. You're a man with a 20 year old's view on life, who colors his world with the small box of crayons, which is why dismissing someone as some archetypal other is so easy for you.

Which isn't to say you're unintelligent, just incredibly lazy, and too scared to come out of the cocoon of your post adolescent worldview.

I had a similar perspective to you. But then I travelled the world and met people who my small box of crayons didn't work for, and became a better person. It's better to live with some kind of empathy and humility.

Maybe you'll make it out of your blankey one day, but then you might not get to think you're right all the time.
Calling transgender a mental disorder does not mean there is a lack of empathy; in fact treating sick people is one of the most empathetic things you can do.

Unfortunately you and others remain confused over some simple facts.

townsend

Banned

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective

datedoffensive
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.

informal offensive
very foolish or stupid.

"in retrospect, it was a totally retarded idea"
Yes you are using the offensive version of the term.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I have one other question about "challenging yourself." My daughter is 24 years old. She is the democrat/liberal dream. Young, single female minority with child. Her mother is native american, and she has a foster child that is almost 2 years old. Growing up, she was a staunch leftist. It didn't matter what the cause was, as long as it said democrat beside it, she was all for it. So was her boyfriend (now fiance). He's also native american. But something strange happened... They grew up. She is now 24, he's 26. They have jobs. They pay taxes. They're raising a child. And once the real world opened their eyes, I guess they "challenged themselves". They both are now pretty solid conservatives.

So my question is this. Does that count as "challenging themselves?" Or are they just incredibly lazy, scared adults that need to come out of their blankey and head back in to their adolescent cocoon?
Townsend is shocked that they aren't grateful for his social justice warrior crusading. Don't they know they are minorities? They aren't supposed to be republicans. You are supposed to be offended by words like retard, redskin, and they are supposed to believe the reason they are not rich is because of white men. I would say that they sound bigoted and ignorant but leftist doctrine tells me that minorities never lack compassion and empathy, only whiteys do.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Texas Experts Debunk The Transgender "Bathroom Predator" Myth Ahead Of HERO Referendum
October 15, 2015 10:28 am ET
Opponents of Houston’s LGBT-inclusive Equal Rights Ordinance warn that non-discrimination protections threaten women's safety in public restrooms. But experts -- including law enforcement officials, government employees, and advocates for sexual assault victims -- from three Texas cities with similar non-discrimination ordinances debunk the "bathroom predator" myth, citing empirical evidence and experience working with sexual assault victims.

Texas Cities With Similar Non-Discrimination Laws Disprove The Bathroom Predator” Myth

Media Matters Contacted Officials In Three Texas Cities With Similar Non-Discrimination Laws. Media Matters contacted city officials, law enforcement officials, and advocates for sexual assault victims in Texas cities with similar non-discrimination laws in place, and asked:

AUSTIN

Austin Has Prohibited Discrimination On The Basis Of Gender Identity Since 2004. In 2004, Austin’s city council voted to add “gender identity” to the list of characteristics protected from discrimination in housing, public accommodations, and employment. [City of Austin, 6/10/04; Austin Equal Employment and Fair Housing Office, accessed 10/6/15]

SAFE Alliance: “Cannot Recall A Single Incident” Of Sexual Assault In Public Restrooms.
Emily LeBlanc, director of community advocacy at Austin’s SAFE Alliance -- a group that works with survivors of sexual assault and exploitation, domestic violence, and child abuse and neglect -- told Media Matters:

City Council Mayor Pro Tem: “Have Not Heard Of Such Incidents”
As A Result Of Non-Discrimination Ordinance. Kathie Tovo, mayor pro tem of the Austin City Council, told Media Matters:

Sergeant Sandra Benningfield also told Media Matters:

Dallas

Dallas Has Prohibited Discrimination On The Basis Of Sexual Orientation And Gender Identity Since 2002.
For over a decade, Dallas has prohibited discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity in housing, employment, and public accommodations. [City of Dallas, accessed 10/5/15]

Dallas Fair Housing Office “Not Aware” Of Increase In Sexual Assault In Women’s Restrooms. In response to Media Matters’ inquiry, Fair Housing Office Assistant Director Beverly Davis stated that her office was unaware of any increase in sexual assault attributed to the city’s non-discrimination ordinance:

El Paso Has Prohibited LGBT Discrimination Since 2003.
In 2003, El Paso amended its municipal code to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity in places of public accommodation. [City of El Paso, accessed 10/5/15]

El Paso Human Resources Director: “No Evidence” Of Negative Outcomes From Non-Discrimination Ordinance. In response to Media Matters’ inquiry, Linda Thomas, City of El Paso Human Resources Director, said that there was “no evidence” of sexual assault related to the city’s LGBT non-discrimination ordinance, adding “HR has not received complaints of that nature, nor are they in Police statistics.” [Email to Media Matters, 9/18/15]

El Paso Police Department: “We Haven’t Seen These Types Of Incidents Here.
” Sergeant Enrique Carrillo from the El Paso Police Department told Media Matters in a statement:

Center Against Sexual And Family Violence: LGBT Non-Discrimination Laws “Do Not Put Women At Risk.” Stephanie Karr, executive director of El Paso’s Center Against Sexual and Family Violence, told Media Matters:

Experts In 15 Other States Have Previously Debunked The Transgender Bathroom Myth. Law enforcement officials, victims' rights advocates, and human rights commission officials in states and localities with transgender non-discrimination protections have debunked the claim that sexual predators will exploit non-discrimination laws, calling it "beyond specious." [Media Matters, 3/20/14]

__________________________________________________________________________________

Towns has been right this entire time.

Comments?
Pretty much what I've been saying, totally imaginary danger.

Cotton

Staff member
Yes you are using the offensive version of the term.
Offensive is always a relative term. To sensitive Nancy's like you most things are offensive. I don't hold that opinion.

townsend

Banned
Calling transgender a mental disorder does not mean there is a lack of empathy; in fact treating sick people is one of the most empathetic things you can do.

Unfortunately you and others remain confused over some simple facts.
Treating people as delusional when you have no idea what the mechanics of what causes people to be transgender is a lack of empathy. It's also a critical absence of humility.

I freely admit I don't come close to understanding all of the mechanics, because identity is infinitely more complicated than X and Y chromosomes. Identity, self perception, and consciousness are phenomena unique to our species, and the soft sciences that have delved into them have come up woefully short.

I specifically question your credentials to speak with such presumed expertise. Maybe I'm wrong about that, have you had extended contact with the transgender community? I will personally apologize, if your insights were gleaned from real life experience.

Frankly I'd have to do a lot more research to see what the long term viability of future treatments would be. (Studies done by scientists, not "public speakers") I have a personal hesitance to condone surgery, hormone therapy or what not, because I don't know if it's catering to a need that can be filled. But the medical experts and such who perform these would have better insight. (Which doesn't necessarily mean they're right, experts erroneously performed radical mastectomies for half a century before it was proven no better than a lumpectomy)

Jiggyfly

Banned
PolitiFact NC: Virtually no cases of sexual predators benefiting from transgender anti-discrimination laws

Chris Sgro of Equality NC argued ‘there have not been any public safety issues’ in cities with transgender protections

PolitiFact North Carolina: Sgro’s claim is Mostly True

BY WILL DORAN
wdoran@newsobserver.com

In the fight to defend Charlotte’s anti-discrimination ordinance, supporters questioned claims that it would have been a threat to public safety.

Chris Sgro, executive director of Equality NC, said many large cities have rules similar to what Charlotte proposed before the legislature nullified it. Equality NC has since sued North Carolina to try to overturn the law.

“There have not been any public safety issues in those other communities,” Sgro said at a rally outside the legislature just days before Charlotte’s bill was overturned.

Conservatives weren’t swayed, though. Before Charlotte’s bill was passed, and then after when it was being debated by the General Assembly and even now that is has been overturned, concerns about safety have been frequently mentioned.

Mostly, opponents said opening up women’s restrooms to transgender women – people who are biologically male but identify as female – will make it easier for male sexual predators to commit crimes in bathrooms and locker rooms.

Online, supporters galvanized around the motto #KeepNCSafe and sent out ads that included the phrase “don’t let our girls become victims” and “keep children safe.”

N.C. GOP Executive Director Dallas Woodhouse cited “privacy and safety concerns” in attacking Attorney General Roy Cooper, who is running for governor as a Democrat, for not stepping in to stop Charlotte’s bill on his own.

A popular Christian author from Charlotte, Frank Turek, wrote an article about the backlash to the law that included the line, “The danger is real from sexual predators in women’s restrooms.” The N.C. GOP distributed his column via email and put that sentence about sexual predators in boldface.

So who is right? The evidence is overwhelmingly on Sgro’s side.

That’s not to say that people don’t have honest concerns over privacy or mental anguish. Indeed, several opponents of Charlotte’s ordinance have spoken of their own experiences with sexual assault, and their fears that seeing someone with male genitalia in a women’s room might trigger painful memories.

But still, Sgro said, Charlotte’s bill would not have legalized sexual assault, harassment or voyeurism – it just would have let transgender men and women use the bathrooms they’re more comfortable in.

“Transgender people are not predators,” he said.

Examples to prove Sgro wrong?

The entire state of Maryland and some of the largest cities in the country, including New York, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Seattle and Austin, Texas, have rules banning discrimination against transgender people in public accommodation, including bathrooms. More than 200 cities and counties also ban workplace discrimination against transgender people.

A dozen state public school systems and dozens of college campuses also have ordinances banning discrimination against transgender people, including in bathrooms.

We asked the N.C. GOP if they could point to anything that backs up the safety fears. They provided a link to a news story in Seattle from earlier this year, about a man who had twice gone into a women’s locker room and began undressing. Seattle does allow transgender people to use the bathroom of the gender they identify as.

The man didn’t identify as transgender and didn’t appear to present as a woman, the story said. No one called the police, and the man wasn’t charged with any crime. Follow-up stories described the incident as a stunt, perhaps politically motivated.

The liberal group Media Matters For America has studied the bathroom issue for several years, largely under the guidance of Carlos Maza.

Maza, a Wake Forest University graduate, tweeted after North Carolina’s new law passed that “A man has never used an LGBT non-discrimination law to sneak into a bathroom.”

Maza has also polled public school systems that allow transgender students to use the bathroom of the gender they identify as. In a June 2015 article, he wrote that in 17 districts with a total of 600,000 students, officials hadn’t reported a single incident of “harassment or inappropriate behavior” related to transgender students and bathrooms.

But we still weren’t satisfied, so we kept digging, looking for examples of proven criminal behavior. We were likewise unable to find any examples in the United States, though we did find a case in Canada.

In that case, Christopher Hambrook posed as a woman to gain entry to women’s shelters, where he attacked several people before being caught. Hambrook was sentenced to an “indefinite” jail term in 2014 that could lead to his spending the rest of his life in prison.

Hambrook committed the crimes in Toronto, which has an ordinance protecting transgender people. That appears to be the first, and so far only, incident of its kind in North America.

After spending hours combing through conservative blogs and family values websites dedicated to news about transgender bathroom ordinances, we were able to confirm three cases in the United States in the last 17 years in which a biological male was convicted of a crime that involved him in a women’s bathroom or locker room and dressed as a woman.

It’s unclear if any of the three identified as transgender women, but none of those cases happened in cities where it would have been legal for a transgender woman to use the women’s room anyway. And none involved sexual assault or rape.

In 1999, Patrick Hagan was convicted in Tampa, Fla., for punching a woman in a bar bathroom during an argument. In 2010, Norwood Burns was convicted in Gordon County, Georgia, for exposing himself in a Walmart bathroom. In 2011, Thomas Lee Benson was convicted of trespassing in a Clackamas, Ore., women’s locker room and trying to talk to children.

Again, though, none of those crimes occurred in places where biological men would have had any legal claim to be in a women’s room by virtue of being a transgender woman.

The blogs did identify a few examples of alleged criminal activity having taken place under the guise of transgender-friendly bathrooms laws, but we couldn’t find proof of any convictions in those cases.

Our ruling

Chris Sgro, the executive director of Equality NC, said, “There have not been any public safety issues in those other communities” with ordinances allowing transgender people to use the bathroom of their choice.

We haven’t found any instances of criminals convicted of using transgender protections as cover in the United States. Neither have any left-wing groups or right-wing groups.

There was one incident in Canada, involving a rapist. In the U.S., there have been a few yet-unproven allegations.

We rate this claim Mostly True.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article70255967.html#storylink=cpy

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Here's the thing, there are people out there who believe they should have born as an animal, like a cat or bird. Those people have the same type of mental disconnect and they have the same argument against being considered a mental illness, i.e., that there is an otherwise functioning community of them out there who are happy being bird people and don't want or need treatment.

These people have something wrong with them. If they aren't hurting anyone, fine, I'm not saying round them up for conversion therapy, but they are not birds or cats and we should not be reinforcing their delusion because it can be dangerous to themselves or their loved ones, unfortunately.

Trans people have some sort of disconnect in their brain too. If you want to talk about compassion that is fine but if you were born with a penis, and your chromosomes say you are a man, then I don't care that your brain chemistry says you are slightly effeminate. You're still a dude. You don't have to like women, you can love dudes, you can conform to non traditional gender roles and no one should be discriminating against you for those choices, but those are, at the end of the day, YOUR CHOICES, and not some sort of biological reality.

And this IS a slippery slope because you see a little boy who likes to play with dolls and then you have his hippy freak parents filling his head with ideas of that he's really a girl and pushing him for surgery. 5 year olds are not capable of this type of thinking and its frankly scary and disgusting. Where is the compassion from the left for these children?

Instead they are in such a hurry to push their agenda for no one ever to be told their lifestyle is their own fault, that they have rubber stamped this sickening form of child abuse and swept under the rug countless other people who are actually mentally suffering and for whom gender "transformation" offers no relief with the lie that it is society's fault for saying no.

But I'm the one who is ignorant and non compassionate. No, maybe it's the left who is just ignorant on this matter.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Isn't changing your beliefs to be more conservative the opposite of being sure in them?

Well, everyone continues to change over time. What I'm referring to is becoming more sure and stable in your beliefs over time and settling into your groove in life. I'm always up for discussions and try to hear things out but there are a few things that are competely non-negotiable.

I can't really fathom under any circumstances raising the level risk for a few kids for the comfort of 1,000,000 trans people. It is just not a trade I'm willing to ever make. When some try to minimize it and say that it is only a few kids that does nothing but solidify my position. Somethings are more valuable than other. Period. So yes, I'm willing to sacrifice some things for the good of women and children because I value their safety over the feelings of grown men.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Good luck convincing anyone but a hardcore liberal that religion is akin to mental disorder, which transgender is.
Religion can easily be thought of that if you look at the facts against believing any of it.

And then there is this.

The relationship between religion and schizophrenia is of particular interest to psychologists because of the similarities between religious experiences and psychotic episodes; religious experiences often involve auditory and/or visual hallucinations, and those with schizophrenia commonly report similar hallucinations, along with a variety beliefs that are commonly recognized by Western medical practitioners as delusional.[1] In general, religion has been found to have "both a protective and a risk increasing effect" for schizophrenia.[2]
I don't equate the 2 but one persons beliefs can be an others delusions.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Wait, what? Please show me ONE conservative that believes what he wrote there. You do realize that's the angle that liberals take, right? That conservatives say that outlawing guns will only keep them from law abiding citizens, and that criminals will be the only ones with them then?

No. Somehow I really doubt that you do. BOOM, indeed.
WOW.

I'm to embarrassed for you to even reply.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Well, everyone continues to change over time. What I'm referring to is becoming more sure and stable in your beliefs over time and settling into your groove in life. I'm always up for discussions and try to hear things out but there are a few things that are competely non-negotiable.

I can't really fathom under any circumstances raising the level risk for a few kids for the comfort of 1,000,000 trans people. It is just not a trade I'm willing to ever make. When some try to minimize it and say that it is only a few kids that does nothing but solidify my position. Somethings are more valuable than other. Period. So yes, I'm willing to sacrifice some things for the good of women and children because I value their safety over the feelings of grown men.
Problem is there's been no risk demonstrated at all. It's an utterly imaginary risk. This isn't about safety, it's just about striking out against social change, mostly by people who were pissed that they lost the Gay Marriage case.

Top Bottom