2016 Mock Drafts

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nick Eatman on CowboysBreak stated yesterday that the Cowboys reached out to someone important about Ramsey playing CB in the pros and did not get the glowing report they anticipated. Hopefully that kills this nonsense off.
This reaching out stuff kind of drives me nuts. You pay guys to judge and evaluate players. An entire scouting department for that purpose. Now I understand if say Jimbo Fisher says something about Ramsey. But other then that, why the hell would you trust someone's opinion outside of the organization over the guys you are paying to do the evaluation?

In this case I would be glad because I don't want Ramsey unless he is a shutdown corner and I don't think he is. But just felt the need to rant about the bullshit Dallas does sometimes.

dallen

Senior Tech
My personal nightmare. The Eagles get a franchise QB, and it has to be my boy. Hoping he fails will really suck.
Welcome to your new life

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This "quick twitch" crap pisses me off. I don't care what kind of "freaks" Ramsey and Jack are. When was the last time a "freak" formed the foundation of a playoff contender?

Draft Buckner.

Draft Elliott.

I'd even be OK with Bosa, though I don't know why you pass on Buckner to take Bosa.

These players are involved in almost every play on either offense or defense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
McShay has us taking Elliot at 4 in his latest.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
My personal nightmare. The Eagles get a franchise QB, and it has to be my boy. Hoping he fails will really suck.
Schmitty: Welcome!! ~pushes a glass of water down the bar to you~

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Schmitty: Welcome!! ~pushes a glass of water down the bar to you~
Fuck that. If Wentz ends up being drafted by Philly, I hope he makes Ryan Leaf look like a draft day steal.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Fuck that. If Wentz ends up being drafted by Philly, I hope he makes Ryan Leaf look like a draft day steal.
^5

Fuck that guy!

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
This "quick twitch" crap pisses me off. I don't care what kind of "freaks" Ramsey and Jack are. When was the last time a "freak" formed the foundation of a playoff contender?

Draft Buckner.

Draft Elliott.

I'd even be OK with Bosa, though I don't know why you pass on Buckner to take Bosa.

These players are involved in almost every play on either offense or defense.
Totally agree. If no QB or trade down I'd take one of the two DL or Elliot. Ramsey may prove to be a great DB but based on his college production it's just potential at this point. Don't want a top five player, especially DB, based primarily on potential. There's things about Bosa and Buckner that concern me too but I'd rather take a chance on one of them than Ramsey.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't want a top five player, especially DB, based primarily on potential. There's things about Bosa and Buckner that concern me too but I'd rather take a chance on one of them than Ramsey.
I have been a person who has questioned Bosa around every corner but honestly he would still be a pretty good pick at 4. He belongs in the top 5-10 of any NFL draft. When I'm drafting a player that high in the draft I want a defensive player that could single handily control games. When a D-lineman can take over a game by himself he is worth a top pick. I remember seeing that out of Suh in college. And with Bosa you saw that out of him in college. Sure I wish that Bosa had Ware's quick twitch pass rush ability but he is just a different kind of pass rusher.

Additionally there aren't many ends in this draft after Bosa that I feel great about. So it's not something that I feel comfortable just waiting on. Buckner is a DT in our defense so I'm not counting him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Totally agree. If no QB or trade down I'd take one of the two DL or Elliot. Ramsey may prove to be a great DB but based on his college production it's just potential at this point. Don't want a top five player, especially DB, based primarily on potential. There's things about Bosa and Buckner that concern me too but I'd rather take a chance on one of them than Ramsey.
This is just not true and it's something that keeps getting said on the back of his low int numbers.

There is plenty of tape showing being a great cover guy and a very physicak safety who makes play plays as a tackler.

He also has tape showing him contesting catches and pass breakups but non of that is factored in when looking at his total body of work.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He also has tape showing him contesting catches and pass breakups but non of that is factored in when looking at his total body of work.
He had 10 pass breakups this past year. Which is solid.

William Jackson III on the other hand led all of college football with 23 pass breakups.

I think Ramsey's best argument is probably that he only gave up 1 TD all year and that teams just didn't throw at him. Pro Football Focus for example is really high on him in terms of what he did on the field. And they are a company that really puts little to no stock in potential and goes strictly off of success or failure on the field on a play by play basis.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Ramsey still scares me more. Combine that with us taking Byron Jones last year in the first and the situation with Gregory/Lawrence, I'd prefer Bosa if we go defense.

dallen

Senior Tech
^5

Fuck that guy!
This is why the NFL is better than college football. In college football when a recruit chooses another school it is pretty icky to get pissed off at what is in reality a 17-18 year old kid's decision. In the NFL not only are the players adults, they don't have a say in who drafts them. It keeps the conscience clear.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ramsey still scares me more. Combine that with us taking Byron Jones last year in the first and the situation with Gregory/Lawrence, I'd prefer Bosa if we go defense.
I think I'm leaning towards Buckner if we decide to go defense. I like Bosa, but we have recently spent resources at DE, even if they are a couple of meatheads. And they'll only be gone 4 games. I don't want to use a premium draft pick on somebody that will be a rotational type of player. Give me the guy that will start and raise hell in the middle of the line. And I don't want to spend the 4th overall pick on insurance for IF they fuck up again. IF they don't, we just used the #4 on a rotation player. yay.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, since the Rams and Eagles have fucked up my dreams of a QB at the top, let's go defense. Lynch didn't work out either, so I didn't even consider one after that.

4: R1P4
DE DEFOREST BUCKNER
OREGON

34: R2P3
S KARL JOSEPH
WEST VIRGINIA

67: R3P4
OLB SU'A CRAVENS
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

101: R4P3
RB C.J. PROSISE
NOTRE DAME

135: R4P37
OLB SCOOBY WRIGHT
ARIZONA

189: R6P14
CB MORGAN BURNS
KANSAS STATE

212: R6P37
DT JOEL HEATH
MICHIGAN STATE

216: R6P41
G/C ISAAC SEUMALO
OREGON STATE

217: R6P42
RB JOSH FERGUSON
ILLINOIS

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, since the Rams and Eagles have fucked up my dreams of a QB at the top, let's go defense. Lynch didn't work out either, so I didn't even consider one after that.

4: R1P4
DE DEFOREST BUCKNER
OREGON

34: R2P3
S KARL JOSEPH
WEST VIRGINIA

67: R3P4
OLB SU'A CRAVENS
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

101: R4P3
RB C.J. PROSISE
NOTRE DAME

135: R4P37
OLB SCOOBY WRIGHT
ARIZONA

189: R6P14
CB MORGAN BURNS
KANSAS STATE

212: R6P37
DT JOEL HEATH
MICHIGAN STATE

216: R6P41
G/C ISAAC SEUMALO
OREGON STATE

217: R6P42
RB JOSH FERGUSON
ILLINOIS
I would really like that haul.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
When I'm drafting a player that high in the draft I want a defensive player that could single handily control games.
Well definitely. Just don't find this in every draft. The top five has been pedestrian since 2010 and 2011 when it was out of this world.

For this draft...

Stats: Bosa and Elliott.

Football Measurable: Tunsil, Buckner, and Elliott.

"freak athlete"/underwear olympics: Ramsey and Jack.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I think I'm leaning towards Buckner if we decide to go defense. I like Bosa, but we have recently spent resources at DE, even if they are a couple of meatheads. And they'll only be gone 4 games. I don't want to use a premium draft pick on somebody that will be a rotational type of player. Give me the guy that will start and raise hell in the middle of the line. And I don't want to spend the 4th overall pick on insurance for IF they fuck up again. IF they don't, we just used the #4 on a rotation player. yay.
The two knocks on Bosa is he's a LDE, not a strong side rusher. And of course the possible off field concerns. As for already having Lawrence and Gregory, if both were solid starters Bosa wouldn't be in the mix. It's possible Bosa could be a rotational guy or he becomes a full time stater and one of the other two is the rotational DE. Either way though it'd mean we used a recent first or second on a non-starter. Just another reason we aren't a true contender.

As for Buckner, he can play both inside and out but I'd view him more as a DT. I'd be fine with him or Bosa even though both are underwhelming at 4. But so is about everyone else mentioned at that point.

Top Bottom