Garrett On Ramsey...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

If we draft him, I blame the red headed ginger fuck.

townsend

Banned
Everything I read from Garrett, I hear in the old default Microsoft Voice.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Oh lordy. That was a spiel, not an answer.

I think barring a San Diego miracle or last minute Hail Mary of a trade offer we know who the newest Cowboy is going to be.

townsend

Banned

I think barring a San Diego miracle or last minute Hail Mary of a trade offer we know who the newest Cowboy is going to be.
The last time we took a non-DB defensive player in the first round, it was Spencer. Since then we've gone Jenkins, Claiborne, Jones.

townsend

Banned
The last time we took a non-DB defensive player in the first round, it was Spencer. Since then we've gone Jenkins, Claiborne, Jones.
In fact if we pick Ramsey, 6 out of the last 10 first round defensive players we've picked will have been DBs

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I really want to like Ramsey. It's not just looking at stats. I watch games of the guy and I just don't see it. I see a guy who can blitz really well but he is mostly going unblocked. I see a guy who usually isn't getting to the ball until the receiver has a chance to catch it. NFL teams just get so caught up in projections and potential. I can see how the guy can run and he can hit. He actually plays even bigger then he is. So I can see some of that "potential" to play safety. But geez, I watch some Karl Joseph and I'm not projecting. I see a guy who is all over the field making plays as a safety.

I know it's a hype video but damn I really like this kid at safety. Clips like this just don't exist for Ramsey.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
In fact if we pick Ramsey, 6 out of the last 10 first round defensive players we've picked will have been DBs
And 4 out of our last 5 top 10 picks would've been DB's. Newman, Roy, Mo, Ramsey. Guess who our best top 10 pick during that time was? Tyron Smith...the non-DB.

townsend

Banned
And 4 out of our last 5 top 10 picks would've been DB's. Newman, Roy, Mo, Ramsey. Guess who our best top 10 pick during that time was? Tyron Smith...the non-DB.
Ware was just outside the top 10 as well. Then he went to a team that took a pass rusher 2nd overall, and won a superbowl.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I really like Karl, but I'm a little scared, he reminds me so much of Bob Sanders...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't remember Sanders having one in college either...
They were actually just talking about it on ESPN oddly enough. I guess Sanders had a big medical question coming into the draft which is what dropped him to the second round. The Colts medical team felt like it was something that could be fixed which is why they ultimately took him. Something to do with his foot I think. But yeah generally speaking in college there were no signs that us as fans could see with regards to Sanders.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I just don't see Ramsey as being an Ed Reed type of player. He's a player without a position and I want nothing to do with him at #4. I could maybe see him being a reasonable pick somewhere from 10-20 but no sooner.

I was adamant about not using #4 on Elliot before but with the draft order shaken up and the likelihood that neither Goff or Wentz will fall to #4, I would take Elliot before Bosa or Ramsey. I'm contradicting myself because I'm still not a fan of taking a RB that high these days but if I'm spending a premium pick, I want it to be on the closest to a sure thing available. To me, that's Elliot.

I would also be cool with trading down and taking Lynch or Alexander in the first, maybe using an extra second round pick on Henry. I just feel like this draft doesn't have any 100% "sure things" in the top five this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would also be cool with trading down and taking Lynch or Alexander in the first, maybe using an extra second round pick on Henry. I just feel like this draft doesn't have any 100% "sure things" in the top five this year.
Alexander?

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I just don't see Ramsey as being an Ed Reed type of player. He's a player without a position and I want nothing to do with him at #4. I could maybe see him being a reasonable pick somewhere from 10-20 but no sooner.

I was adamant about not using #4 on Elliot before but with the draft order shaken up and the likelihood that neither Goff or Wentz will fall to #4, I would take Elliot before Bosa or Ramsey. I'm contradicting myself because I'm still not a fan of taking a RB that high these days but if I'm spending a premium pick, I want it to be on the closest to a sure thing available. To me, that's Elliot.

Well if he's Ed Reed, I'm fine with him at #4. I will say I'd be happier with an elite safety over an elite corner.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member

And I can see it now.. And I'm sick.. It's like that recurring nightmare...

Zeke as a Giant...

Running through our defense.. Spiking the ball after big runs.. Pointing at Garrett and the Cowboys sideline.. Talking shit to them.. And rightly so...

As Ramsey trying to chase him down from the safety position in the secondary because the d-line can't tackle shit.

Good for the Giants though...

Same ol shit.. Take a couple years off.. Methodically address the needs.. Patiently wait..And add the most dynamic playmaker in the draft.. At their #10 spot.

A player with emotion and passion that can juice up an offense. A player like Zeke.

But it's cool, we'll plod along with McFadden & Morris.. No home run threat whatsoever... Hell? Randle was an idiot, but it was refreshing to see him bust long runs and long TDs.. Like lightening in a bottle...

But Zeke will remind Garrett and the Cowboys sideline of that when he's talking shit to them.

Meanwhile? Dallas will sleepwalk through periods with the same ol overhyped aging players.. Looking like they've never played together at times.. Although, again, they've been together for years.

Typical Giants.. Good for them..Take a couple years off..

And then back in title contention yet again!

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well if he's Ed Reed, I'm fine with him at #4. I will say I'd be happier with an elite safety over an elite corner.
Yeah, I don't think he has the instincts to ever be that type of a safety. He was all over the field and basically impossible for a QB to avoid. I've never seen anything close to that out of Ramsey. Ed Reed had a combined 17 ints as a Junior and Senior in college. Good god he was a special talent.

Last edited:

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

I agree. Don't want Ramsey. I'd be leery of a DB that high and now throw in the fact he doesn't have a true position and I don't see why he's a top 5 pick. Wasn't wanting Elliot at 4, but now that the QB's are gone I'd take him over the two DL and Ramsey. I think Elliot would have an immediate and longterm impact. Would also be interested in a trade down. Possibly still get Bosa, Buckner or Elliot if we stayed in the top 10. If lower I like Rankins or even take Lynch. Combine that with an extra 2nd and possibly another pick and we could clean up in the 2nd if we were smart.

Last edited:
Top Bottom