DC.com - Staff Writers Give Their “Two Cents” With Cowboys’ Personalized Mock Draft

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's funny, I read someone else who did the same thing and came away with it thinking that there is no way Dallas takes Zeke at 4.

I'm not sure why you would take what they said as Bosa is out. They did gush about Ramsey though which makes me sick to my stomach. I didn't think much of Garrett talking about him but when Jerry started talking about him much later in the press conference it was almost sickening. I hope Jerry is just doing the old salesmen sale to try and garner more picks for a trade back.
Could be they are trying to sweeten the pot for somebody wanting to trade up.

The love Ramsey so much it will take a lot for them to move.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I listened to Jerry and Stephen closely. And here is what they told me:

Bosa is out, he won't be picked at 4. Ramsey is the pick at 4 UNLESS he is taken by the Chargers. In that case, it's Zeke or a trade back to #6 with a team moving for Tunsil (like Baltimore).

Then it guarantees Zeke or Bosa at 6.

I parsed every word and this is exactly what they told me.

In fact, I am so confident this is true, that if it isn't I am prepared to shit my pants and sit in it for the duration of the 1st round. I will then clean up at the conclusion of round 1, and I will submit what I know for round 2.
Just gotta hope the Chargers take Ramsey. Have a feeling though that they'll take Tunsil, Buckner or trade down with someone who wants Tunsil.

Ramsey will be a Cowboy. :doh

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
It's funny, I read someone else who did the same thing and came away with it thinking that there is no way Dallas takes Zeke at 4.

I'm not sure why you would take what they said as Bosa is out. They did gush about Ramsey though which makes me sick to my stomach. I didn't think much of Garrett talking about him but when Jerry started talking about him much later in the press conference it was almost sickening. I hope Jerry is just doing the old salesmen sale to try and garner more picks for a trade back.
It was interesting that when Stephen compared war room position/player debates, he chose corner and lineman.

So yeah.. Maybe you're right. I guess I better make sure I have clean underwear around just in case :unsure

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was interesting that when Stephen compared war room position/player debates, he chose corner and lineman.

So yeah.. Maybe you're right. I guess I better make sure I have clean underwear around just in case :unsure
Well and we have been talking pressure player, pressure player and pressure player lately.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just gotta hope the Chargers take Ramsey. Have a feeling though that they'll take Tunsil, Buckner or trade down with someone who wants Tunsil.
As much as people on this board seem to love Tunsil I just have not gotten the vibe that he is a hot name at all. Of course Leonard Floyd is a hot name and I'm just baffled by that.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
As much as people on this board seem to love Tunsil I just have not gotten the vibe that he is a hot name at all. Of course Leonard Floyd is a hot name and I'm just baffled by that.
Most of the offseason Tunsil was listed by many as one of the top two prospects widely considered as the prime target of the Titans at #1. With the QB's rising he's slipped a little but is still considered one of the top 5 prospects. I don't think he'll be enough to entice someone to move up, but I think he, Ramsey and Buckner are the three SD will choose from.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
I also believe that if Ramsey is picked at 4, then Derrick Henry is squarely in their sights at 34. They brought him in as one of the 30 visits. And their obvious interest in Zeke makes Henry a real consolation in my opinion.

In fact, Jerry mentioned a big difference paying an established back 50 mil vs paying a young RB that has had no NFL carries and full tread on the tires. Especially over 5 years?

Do we have that on the roster?

Remember... Jerry's all about the financial sense now as well...

Henry is the pick in round 2

dallen

Senior Tech
having two elite tackles wouldn't hurt my feelings, but someone should want to trade up for Tunsil. He's not a QB, but he could be a franchise LT.
I think that is probably the best case we can hope for at this point

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
In fact, Jerry mentioned a big difference paying an established back 50 mil vs paying a young RB that has had no NFL carries and full tread on the tires. Especially over 5 years?
To me, that sounded like he'd rather pay that big contract to the young guy with no NFL carries vs paying the established back with wear and tear. Not that he's want to find a cheaper alternative further down in the draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To me, that sounded like he'd rather pay that big contract to the young guy with no NFL carries vs paying the established back with wear and tear. Not that he's want to find a cheaper alternative further down in the draft.
Yeah I think Jerry was just trying to explain that the value of the RB hasn't gone down as much as it's just the contract value has gone down (Which I don't think is true, drafting trends show less RBs going in the first round). Basically saying no one wants to give a RB a big contract after 5 years in the league because of the wear and tear. But that in the first 5 the position is as valuable as any. I think he even talked a little about how RB is special because you don't have to hope that the guy is able to get the ball in his hands. That like a QB, you design the ball to go in his hands and get more bang because of it.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I listened to Jerry and Stephen closely. And here is what they told me:

Bosa is out, he won't be picked at 4. Ramsey is the pick at 4 UNLESS he is taken by the Chargers. In that case, it's Zeke or a trade back to #6 with a team moving for Tunsil (like Baltimore).

Then it guarantees Zeke or Bosa at 6.

I parsed every word and this is exactly what they told me.

In fact, I am so confident this is true, that if it isn't I am prepared to shit my pants and sit in it for the duration of the 1st round. I will then clean up at the conclusion of round 1, and I will submit what I know for round 2.
Welp, now I know what's on my secret bingo square.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I also believe that if Ramsey is picked at 4, then Derrick Henry is squarely in their sights at 34. They brought him in as one of the 30 visits. And their obvious interest in Zeke makes Henry a real consolation in my opinion.

Do we have that on the roster?

Remember... Jerry's all about the financial sense now as well...

Henry is the pick in round 2
So Ramsey, Henry, Prescott.

:budd

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
I agree. And Jerry is all about value and Zeke would make half as much as Murray got in his latest deal. Jerry's definitely seeing the value in that.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I agree. And Jerry is all about value and Zeke would make half as much as Murray got in his latest deal. Jerry's definitely seeing the value in that.
Unfortunately, if you look at what Josh Norman just signed for Jalen Ramsey looks even more appealing by the same criteria.

And Jerral spooges himself when it comes to defensive backs anyways. In his mind he sees Deion Sanders. Every. Year.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Unfortunately, if you look at what Josh Norman just signed for Jalen Ramsey looks even more appealing by the same criteria.

And Jerral spooges himself when it comes to defensive backs anyways. In his mind he sees Deion Sanders. Every. Year.
He should look at his checkbook after paying Carr.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He should look at his checkbook after paying Carr.
Lol, yes. The extreme negative balance.

Unfortunately the man won't stop believing the "next Deion" is within reach. I think he identifies that Sanders signing as his greatest move owning the Cowboys and keeps trying to recapture that moment.

Shit, Deion was a twice in a century player. He and Rod Woodson were "it". It's time we moved back to a sensible building plan.

Top Bottom