Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Sherman Williams picked before Curtis Martin. :picard Then again, Martin wouldn't have reached his full potential behind Emmitt.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't agree with any of that about Henry certainly not going down with arm tackles that is just carzy talk.

Julius Jones.:lol
Yeah its ridiculous. Henry is probably the best back in this draft at getting that extra yard or two. He is actually extremely like Murray. Guys who don't do great when someone gets in the backfield early on the play, but if the initial blocking is good are basically a nightmare to tackle.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't agree with any of that about Henry certainly not going down with arm tackles that is just carzy talk.

Julius Jones.:lol
Not Julius Jones tripping on a grass monster, but the Georgia game showed how a lot of teams would attack him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not Julius Jones tripping on a grass monster, but the Georgia game showed how a lot of teams would attack him.

Henry had a pretty damn good game there... Consistently moved the pile for the extra yard or two.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Henry had a pretty damn good game there... Consistently moved the pile for the extra yard or two.
If he is a plodder in college he will be a 2 yards and a cloud of dust in the pros. I have reservations about him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But he still went down too easily. Read a stat today that Zeke led the nation in yards after contact.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I doubt there are any good accurate stats on that in college football.
Several years ago I would agree with that but not now. Everything is dissected now.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why not? He is bigger then most LBers and runs faster then them too.
Runs straight ahead and upright. A defensive line will slow him and he can be brought down from behind. Murray could get low but what I have seen of Henry he stays upright.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs straight ahead and upright. A defensive line will slow him and he can be brought down from behind. Murray could get low but what I have seen of Henry he stays upright.
Yeah, the whole 6'3" RB scares me a little bit. I generally don't want my RBs that tall. Just makes for a bigger target for a defender to hit. It's why Henry probably won't have a long NFL career. You probably ride him for a few years and then move on. But man he is a punishing RB. You can really punish a defense the way we did with Murray if you have Henry.

Ultimately I'd rather just take a RB later in this draft and then turn around and get a guy high next year if we really want. Might not have a shot at Fournette but Delvin Cook and Nick Chubb will probably be big time prospects as well. Give me a Jordan Howard or Paul Perkins in the fourth this year and you could get a super productive back. (Paul Perkins out of UCLA may be my new sleeper RB in this draft. Super productive and elusive RB who can catch the ball and as well as run it. 1,500 yards rushing in 2014, 1,300 yards rushing in 2015)

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, the whole 6'3" RB scares me a little bit. I generally don't want my RBs that tall. Just makes for a bigger target for a defender to hit. It's why Henry probably won't have a long NFL career. You probably ride him for a few years and then move on. But man he is a punishing RB. You can really punish a defense the way we did with Murray if you have Henry.

Ultimately I'd rather just take a RB later in this draft and then turn around and get a guy high next year if we really want. Might not have a shot at Fournette but Delvin Cook and Nick Chubb will probably be big time prospects as well. Give me a Jordan Howard in the fourth this year and you could get a super productive back.
So if we pick in the top five next year, that means okay for a back then?

This idea of pushing shit into the future is stupid.

Oh, don't like the QBs this year, lemme wait until 2018. Hey, these backs aren't as good as what I think will be there in 2017.

The idea is to take the best player you can right now and start winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom