David Irving Fails Drug Test...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like an accidental supplement thing. He also isn't in the drug program yet.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Just heard on the radio that the substance he supposedly failed on are in supplements that are allegedly on their way to coming off the banned list.

Note, supposedly and allegedly were the two big words in that statement. Take this with a big grain of salt.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just heard on the radio that the substance he supposedly failed on are in supplements that are allegedly on their way to coming off the banned list.

Note, supposedly and allegedly were the two big words in that statement. Take this with a big grain of salt.
Wait, you are doubting Mike Fisher's credibility? Tread lightly.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Wait, you are doubting Mike Fisher's credibility? Tread lightly.
Well, I didn't actually SEE his report on twitter, so I can't claim it as inside information. Therefore, I will wait for confirmation from somebody credible. Maybe somebody like the liquor store guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sources: Cowboys Meeting With David Irving Regarding Failed Test
May 23, 2017 10:44 AM By Mike Fisher
Filed Under: Dallas Cowboys, David Irving, Drug Test, Failed Test, NFL

FRISCO (105.3 The Fan) – Defensive lineman David Irving is discussing with Dallas Cowboys team officials today the possibility that he’s failed a drug test for supplements, sources tell me.

I’m told the result of the test is not yet “official,’’ and that an appeal can be expected. I’m also told Irving is not presently in the NFL drug program … but that a four-game suspension could nevertheless be looming.

The 6-7, 280-pound Irving, at just 23 a promising member of Dallas’ front-four rotation, recently signed his tender and will play this year on a league-minimum contract, earning and counting just $615,000 against the salary cap. It’s a bargain for a player who was essentially the defensive star of the game twice last season, in wins over Green Bay (in Week 6) and Tampa Bay (in Week 15).

In fewer than 500 snaps last season, Irving totaled 17 tackles, four sacks, four forced fumbles and five passed defensed. He can play end or tackle, and he’s overcome a behavioral problem in college that kept him in the NFL shadows until Dallas plucked him off the Kansas City practice squad two seasons ago.

I’m told there is an “accidental’’ nature to Irving’s use here, and it is hoped – by both the Irving camp and by the Cowboys – that could help in the appeal process.
Mike Fisher

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Whew. Dodged a bullet there.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Yep. These ate couched maneuvers to imply something without having full evidence or any evidence.

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
LOL. Of course it was a supplement, and of course it was an accident.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
Well, everyone should already know he is kind of dumb to begin with. Just look at his history.
If he has a marketing deal with the maker of a supplement that is on the banned list, that's about as dumb as you get.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If he has a marketing deal with the maker of a supplement that is on the banned list, that's about as dumb as you get.
And at the end of the day, they should be concerned enough to check with the team physicians if there is any doubt.

My question is what fly by night supplement company offers a second string inconsistent schlub like Irving a marketing deal?

Seriously?

What's his pitch anyways?

Hi. I'm David Irving. You have never heard of me, but I play football for the Dallas Cowboys. My claim to fame is a couple of flashes against Green Bay and the fact I abused a couple of backup tackles for the Bucs late last year. When I want maximum performance like that to sack QBs, I take SUPER SACK!

Cotton

Staff member
No doubt.

Cotton

Staff member
A source confirmed that Cowboys defensive end David Irving is facing a four-game suspension for violating the performance-enhancing drug policy. Irving has appealed the penalty. The source said the issue stems from an over-the-counter substance. Irving was the Cowboys' most productive defensive end late last season with three of his four sacks in the final month.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Top Bottom