Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Fucking Eagles. They are always screwing us.

And what the fuck is the Dolphins problem? I knew as soon as they gave away their 8th overall pick for scraps that the Eagles were going to make trouble with some bullshit like this.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't see anyway they take Prescott at the top of the 2nd, the have not reached on any players in a very long time.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
i was really hoping Dak's DUI would've put an end to any talk of us taking him....but instead I think it may have had the opposite effect.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't see anyway they take Prescott at the top of the 2nd, the have not reached on any players in a very long time.
I think moving up for Claiborne was a reach.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I think moving up for Claiborne was a reach.
Actually that was just a very bad decision. In fairness Mo was a consensus top 10 pick, if not top 5. The problem was we gave up our 2nd rounder to move up and take him and then having him being a marginal bust. I said at the time he'd have to practically be an annual pro bowl level CB for it to be worth it. And obviously he's not come close to being even a decent starting CB.

That year I wanted Fletcher Cox, but he would've been gone. It would've been Michael Brocker and the Cowboys said the 2nd would've been Bobby Wagner. Just having Wagner would've made staying put a much better decision.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

:tippytoe

Cotton

Staff member
Actually that was just a very bad decision. In fairness Mo was a consensus top 10 pick, if not top 5. The problem was we gave up our 2nd rounder to move up and take him and then having him being a marginal bust. I said at the time he'd have to practically be an annual pro bowl level CB for it to be worth it. And obviously he's not come close to being even a decent starting CB.

That year I wanted Fletcher Cox, but he would've been gone. It would've been Michael Brocker and the Cowboys said the 2nd would've been Bobby Wagner. Just having Wagner would've made staying put a much better decision.
Had we stayed put and taken him I wouldn't have considered it a reach. I don't give a damn where he was slated to go, in my mind, he was a reach for what we gave up to get him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

:tippytoe
Goff, Wentz, Lynch or bust.

dallen

Senior Tech
Goff, Wentz, Lynch or bust.
I don't see the point in drafting anyone else. If we do hopefully it works out, but I don't really see anyone later that seems like a good pick

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Giants beat writers are pimping Leonard Floyd with the 10th overall pick. Being compared to a Kiwanuka/Von Miller/Bruce Irvin type LB and DE on third downs. They are either pimping him because the Giants really like him or they want people to think they are interested in him.

I personally find this to be a stretch at the 10th pick but he is an exciting player nonetheless

Cotton

Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am a bit relived, glad we will not be trading up for either of these guys.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am a bit relived, glad we will not be trading up for either of these guys.
I'm not. But I also recognize that until the trade is finalized their is a possibility for any other NFL team to jump in there and up the offer.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm not. But I also recognize that until the trade is finalized their is a possibility for any other NFL team to jump in there and up the offer.
I don't think Jerry is that enamored with either guy to give up a 1st and 3rd from 2 drafts.

I really know how risk adverse he is these days and there is no bigger role of the dice than this.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think Jerry is that enamored with either guy to give up a 1st and 3rd from 2 drafts.
I think he is pretty enamored. I actually think that was part of the reason for the last minute Goff visit. To see if he was worth moving up to 2 for.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like the Eagles trade for pick 2 is finalized.

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
The #Eagles announced that they've traded with the #Browns for the No. 2 pick. Here we go.

Cotton

Staff member
Looks like the Eagles trade for pick 2 is finalized.

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
The #Eagles announced that they've traded with the #Browns for the No. 2 pick. Here we go.
Eagles trade for No. 2 overall pick in 2016 NFL Draft

The Eagles are going to be able to get a quarterback.

They just have to wait to see which one they get.

The team announced they had traded with the Browns for the second overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, guaranteeing them a shot at either Jared Goff or Carson Wentz, depending on who the Rams want at No. 1.

The Eagles will give up their first-round pick (eighth overall), their third (77th) and fourth (100th), along with their 2017 first-rounder and their 2018 second-rounder.

It creates an immediate logjam, after they signed Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel in free agency, but gives them the shot at a franchise quarterback which owner Jeff Lurie so clearly wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom