Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

How pissed would you be as a Rams fan right now?

Carp

DCC 4Life

How pissed would you be as a Rams fan right now?
Honestly though, if the team thinks that Wentz or Goff is the guy who will be their franchise QB, then there is really no price too high.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think the Rams way overpaid.

If they draft Wentz I think it will be a disaster that is way to much pressure to put on that kid coming from that background and experience.

If it is Goff I think they still overpaid but I could see it working out and I am leaning toward Goff being the guy the hometown story would be very enticing.

I am surprised Fisher is still around.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Honestly though, if the team thinks that Wentz or Goff is the guy who will be their franchise QB, then there is really no price too high.
Yea, that's true, but everybody who makes these types of deals for a QB like this thinks the guy they're trading up for is "their guy". You have to factor in the level of risk though, it's why I would've been fine paying the price to move up from 4 to 1 or 2 for one of these guys, but not paying the price to move up from 10 or 15.

Of course I think the Rams are making this trade just as much for off the field reasons as for on the field reasons, so that plays a huge role too.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think the Rams way overpaid.

If they draft Wentz I think it will be a disaster that is way to much pressure to put on that kid coming from that background and experience.

If it is Goff I think they still overpaid but I could see it working out and I am leaning toward Goff being the guy the hometown story would be very enticing.

I am surprised Fisher is still around.
I also think Wentz could struggle in a place like LA when you consider his background. It's complete speculation but he'd be much better off in a place like Dallas, mainly because he wouldn't have the pressure to be the man right away, but also for social/cultural reasons.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why would Tennessee be stupid to do that? If the trade worked out exactly like proposed here, the final tally would be them gaining a top of the 4th this year, a 1st and 3rd next year, AND the player that everyone figured would go #1 to them. So they get their guy, and an extra 3 picks, with one of them being a 1st rounder. How would that be stupid again..?

Actually you make a good point, although I think Tunsil may be gone. I forgot they'd be getting the 4th pick, brainfart on my part. Personally I think they're better off staying at 15 and keeping all those picks, but they'd still be way ahead if they traded back up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fuck it. I'm on the phone to see what Cleveland wants for #2. Offer them #4, #67, #189, and Leary.

I'm having Prescott nightmares.
My nightmare draft is Ramsey in the first, whatever schlub they fuck up on in the second like they always do and Prescott in the third. My God.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If Tunsil happens to be there we could have alot of trade down opportunities. It seems obvious that the top 3 will be Wentz/Goff/Tunsil but Ramsey could very easily sneak in there, or the Browns and Chargers could both pass on Goff, neither of which would be truly shocking at all.
I suspect Tunsil doesn't get past SD, but even if he does, I don't think there is enough drop off between him and Stanleyfor any team to want to pay the price to come up.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
My nightmare draft is Ramsey in the first, whatever schlub they fuck up on in the second like they always do and Prescott in the third. My God.
Be careful what you wish for.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Doesn't get much better. Rosen might be the best one and he is still a sophomore.
I think Watson could be very good. I worry about how much he runs and the offense that he's in but I saw him go through progressions and throw darts in tight coverage against Alabama. Next year will tell the story but I could easily see him going top 5.

Cotton

Staff member

Jalen Ramsey names Cowboys first among most interested teams

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – Jalen Ramsey wants everybody to know he believes he is a cornerback. The Dallas Cowboys just so happen to need cornerback help and hold the fourth overall pick.

“I definitely see myself as a corner, but I can play safety or the nickel role,” Ramsey said on a conference call with NFL Nation reporters Thursday.

While Ramsey is viewed as one of the best players in the draft, the lack of interceptions in his career has some troubled. He had only three at Florida State.

“Just the simple answer is I wasn’t tried much, first of all,” Ramsey said, “and second of all, I dropped a couple. That was it.”

The Cowboys have options on the roster at cornerback, but Ramsey would be a boost. The Cowboys re-signed Morris Claiborne to a one-year deal early in free agency. They have Orlando Scandrick, who missed last season with a knee injury. They also have Brandon Carr, but with a $13.8-million cap figure, his future on the team is not assured.

The Cowboys were the first team he mentioned when asked which teams have shown the most interest. He also mentioned the San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars and Baltimore Ravens. He said the Cleveland Browns, who have the No. 2 overall pick, only recently had him on the phone.

Ramsey was among the visitors to Valley Ranch for a pre-draft visit. He had dinner with executive vice president Stephen Jones and others at AT&T Stadium and met the following day with owner and general manager Jerry Jones, coach Jason Garrett and secondary coaches Joe Baker and Greg Jackson.

“It was a really good day,” Ramsey said. “I got to watch a little bit of film, talk to them and get comfortable with the surroundings there because that’s a possibility where I’ll end up.”

Because of his position flexibility, Ramsey said he has studied multiple corners, such as Patrick Peterson and Darrelle Revis, and safeties, such as Eric Berry and Earl Thomas.

“It’s not hard because I’ve done it,” he said of moving positions. “I’m used to it. My mindset doesn’t change. It kind of gives me a better perspective when I am moving so when I’m at corner I know what I would want at safety and I know how at safety how to help because I’ve played both positions.”

As far as being the No. 1 pick, Ramsey did not seem too concerned about the Los Angeles Rams’ trade up to No. 1 overall on Thursday and how it might affect his draft stock. Most believe the Rams’ bold move up from No. 15 overall to No. 1 is with the idea they will take a quarterback, either Carson Wentz or Jared Goff.

Regardless of what the Rams do, Ramsey still believes he is the best player available.

“Yeah, 100 percent. Why wouldn’t I? That trade doesn’t affect the player I am,” Ramsey said. “I still feel like I’m the best player in the draft. I didn’t realize the Rams like me that much. So if they want the best player in the draft, then they'll get him.”

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Jalen Ramsey names Cowboys first among most interested teams

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – Jalen Ramsey wants everybody to know he believes he is a cornerback. The Dallas Cowboys just so happen to need cornerback help and hold the fourth overall pick.

“I definitely see myself as a corner, but I can play safety or the nickel role,” Ramsey said on a conference call with NFL Nation reporters Thursday.

While Ramsey is viewed as one of the best players in the draft, the lack of interceptions in his career has some troubled. He had only three at Florida State.

“Just the simple answer is I wasn’t tried much, first of all,” Ramsey said, “and second of all, I dropped a couple. That was it.”

The Cowboys have options on the roster at cornerback, but Ramsey would be a boost. The Cowboys re-signed Morris Claiborne to a one-year deal early in free agency. They have Orlando Scandrick, who missed last season with a knee injury. They also have Brandon Carr, but with a $13.8-million cap figure, his future on the team is not assured.

The Cowboys were the first team he mentioned when asked which teams have shown the most interest. He also mentioned the San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars and Baltimore Ravens. He said the Cleveland Browns, who have the No. 2 overall pick, only recently had him on the phone.

Ramsey was among the visitors to Valley Ranch for a pre-draft visit. He had dinner with executive vice president Stephen Jones and others at AT&T Stadium and met the following day with owner and general manager Jerry Jones, coach Jason Garrett and secondary coaches Joe Baker and Greg Jackson.

“It was a really good day,” Ramsey said. “I got to watch a little bit of film, talk to them and get comfortable with the surroundings there because that’s a possibility where I’ll end up.”

Because of his position flexibility, Ramsey said he has studied multiple corners, such as Patrick Peterson and Darrelle Revis, and safeties, such as Eric Berry and Earl Thomas.

“It’s not hard because I’ve done it,” he said of moving positions. “I’m used to it. My mindset doesn’t change. It kind of gives me a better perspective when I am moving so when I’m at corner I know what I would want at safety and I know how at safety how to help because I’ve played both positions.”

As far as being the No. 1 pick, Ramsey did not seem too concerned about the Los Angeles Rams’ trade up to No. 1 overall on Thursday and how it might affect his draft stock. Most believe the Rams’ bold move up from No. 15 overall to No. 1 is with the idea they will take a quarterback, either Carson Wentz or Jared Goff.

Regardless of what the Rams do, Ramsey still believes he is the best player available.

“Yeah, 100 percent. Why wouldn’t I? That trade doesn’t affect the player I am,” Ramsey said. “I still feel like I’m the best player in the draft. I didn’t realize the Rams like me that much. So if they want the best player in the draft, then they'll get him.”
:budd

Cotton

Staff member
Rams say trade wasn’t announced Wednesday out of respect for Kobe Bryant

Posted by Josh Alper on April 14, 2016, 12:26 PM EDT

The Rams and Titans announced a major trade involving the first pick of the 2016 draft on Thursday morning, but they actually agreed to it on Wednesday.

The reason for the wait to announce it wasn’t so that everyone had a chance to sleep on the deal and make sure it was what they wanted. According to a Rams official, it was so that nothing would get in the way of Kobe Bryant’s final game with the Rams’ new neighbors in Los Angeles. The Lakers game tipped off on Wednesday night and ended with Bryant scoring 60 points in his NBA swan song.

“Kobe deserved his night,” the Rams official said to Adam Schefter of ESPN. “There was no reason for this trade to be announced on his night.”

That’s a nice gesture, although the flip side could be just as true. With Bryant retiring and the Warriors on their way to an NBA-record 73rd regular season win, the sports world (and the Los Angeles sports world, in particular) had a lot going on Wednesday night. While a deal for the No. 1 pick would have generated attention, announcing the trade on Thursday guaranteed a clearer field for the NFL that provides a nice lead in to Thursday night’s announcement of the 2016 schedule.

Pretty cool.

Stars

DCC 4Life

:jerry

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom