A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I wonder if pdom thinks he's funny, or if he thinks he's trolling us? I mean, if he's not fooling anyone it's not really a succesful troll attempt.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wonder if pdom thinks he's funny, or if he thinks he's trolling us? I mean, if he's not fooling anyone it's not really a succesful troll attempt.
Both.

He tries way too hard, and still fails at both.

Jiggyfly

Banned
All of which are taught for Christains not to practice but obviously it happens or there would not be references made about these practices. The actions of some who are involved in these behaviors does not negate the teaching to refrain from them.
But are they a call to arms like LGBT rights are?

Who says what sin is worse than another?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Oh my! :picard

That's just stupid. All of these things are sins. I really don't understand why you post this stuff.
The point was not if they are sins it was about the level of outrage against.

Nothing stupid about the Hypocrisy here.

Trump has divorced twice and he still gets a large part of the Christian vote if he was gay he would be banished.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
But are they a call to arms like LGBT rights are?

Who says what sin is worse than another?
No one unless you are saying so. Where is the call to arms? Most are simply saying they have a right to disagree and a right to refuse indoctrination. Do you disagree with that?

Jiggyfly

Banned
My neighbor's activities don't impact me? ppl not following something like HOA-mandated lawn maintenance, junked cars on the driveway, an ex-con/child offender, constant partying/music, etc.

just like schmitty pointed out, a Jew wouldn't sell a Nazi cake. Why would a Jew want to live next to a Nazi flag flying household? But I have to tolerate a rainbow flag that flies, literally, in my face perpetually?

i don't know how I missed the mark. Absurd for a school to spend a week on this at the sacrifice of math, science, etc. there are barely enough men toilets at most workplace offices and now we have to have a third door for a group that doesn't even serve the LGB community in LGBT?

dont know if you've ever walked castro st in San Francisco or Christopher st in NYC, but, yes, I think these legal stores of xxx, sex toys, guys wearing leather chains and assless chaps with names like Hot Bunz or Sausage Factory do compromise the values I try to raise a child with.

dont bake me a cake? Go down the street to the other bakery. Compromises neighborhood? I'm not a fucking nomad; moving is much harder.
It's absurd that you think any of those things are being sacrificed, you sound like an idiot who has no idea what is actually happening at the school or with the activities.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes they are looked down upon but are the legislated against?
Because no one gives a shit if the bakery won't give you a cake to celebrate a divorce. They get pissed off if you won't bake a wedding cake for a divorce though. That's why legislation happens.

Jiggyfly

Banned
No one unless you are saying so. Where is the call to arms? Most are simply saying they have a right to disagree and a right to refuse indoctrination. Do you disagree with that?
What indoctrination just the fact you think there is some indoctrination shows how offbase some are.

And that what I mean a call to arms railing against any education as indoctrination.

Just turn on any right wing talk radio and it's there.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Because no one gives a shit if the bakery won't give you a cake to celebrate a divorce. They get pissed off if you won't bake a wedding cake for a divorce though. That's why legislation happens.
I'm talking about the fight against gay marriage and the refusal to give marriage license.

Have you ever heard of these places refusing to give a marriage license to a divorced person?

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The point was not if they are sins it was about the level of outrage against.

Nothing stupid about the Hypocrisy here.

Trump has divorced twice and he still gets a large part of the Christian vote if he was gay he would be banished.

Most Christians are too stupid to understand that he Republican Party and Jesus are two delegate deals. Much like many minorities are too stupid to realize that the Democratic Party will never save them from whatever problems that they have. Obviously the word stupid is an exaggeration but it is socially engrained into those groups. It is not hypocrisy as much as it is lazy thinking.

I won't deny that there is hypocrisy but I really think that you've got some things mixed up. Sadly the two social groups haven't done much but follow their predecessors into failure. This has caused the giant group think when it comes to politics because thee doesn't seem to be a better option.

There isn't a gay republican candidate because 1) nobody wants to go there 2) gays aren't very conservative for the most part. Although I've mets some conservative gays before. I know, weird, huh?

The outrage against homosexuality is mostly driven by idiots. No solid Christians that I know would ever support outrage against gays. That's just a terrible idea.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What indoctrination just the fact you think there is some indoctrination shows how offbase some are.

And that what I mean a call to arms railing against any education as indoctrination.

Just turn on any right wing talk radio and it's there.
So you position is that those who have opposing views should be forced to listen and accept. How would you describe that attitude?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you ever heard of these places refusing to give a marriage license to a divorced person?
I'm not sure but I'm not sure how the person giving the marriage license would know if you have ever been married before.

What I do know is that Catholic Churches refuse to do ceremonies for people who have been married before. So obviously they don't condone that either.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm not sure but I'm not sure how the person giving the marriage license would know if you have ever been married before.

What I do know is that Catholic Churches refuse to do ceremonies for people who have been married before. So obviously they don't condone that either.
Things I've witnessed ministers being removed from their position or denying requests to become leaders:

1. Drunkeness
2. Substance abuse
3. Misappropriated funds
4. Being a jerk
5. Affairs
6. Having unruly children and homes
7. Not tithing
8. Being immature
9. Various other reasons

Yes, there are jerks that focus on gays for whatever reason. The myth is also very much perpetuated by people like jiggy. Simply hyper focused on the issue and other hot button topics. It is low hanging fruit sprouted out a a real uneducated viewpoint.

That's like me saying that blacks are bigots because of the small racist groups that incite more black hate against whites. I'll just go ahead and characterize all inner city blacks that way. Let's see how the backlash from that works out. Talk about outrage.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The outrage against homosexuality is mostly driven by idiots. No solid Christians that I know would ever support outrage against gays. That's just a terrible idea.
Yep. People with an agenda to push will look at a small group like the Westboro wackos, and automatically label the entire group as being just like them.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Most Christians are too stupid to understand that he Republican Party and Jesus are two delegate deals. Much like many minorities are too stupid to realize that the Democratic Party will never save them from whatever problems that they have. Obviously the word stupid is an exaggeration but it is socially engrained into those groups. It is not hypocrisy as much as it is lazy thinking.

I won't deny that there is hypocrisy but I really think that you've got some things mixed up. Sadly the two social groups haven't done much but follow their predecessors into failure. This has caused the giant group think when it comes to politics because thee doesn't seem to be a better option.

There isn't a gay republican candidate because 1) nobody wants to go there 2) gays aren't very conservative for the most part. Although I've mets some conservative gays before. I know, weird, huh?

This was not directed at you because you truly talk about inclusion as a christian and I respect the hell out of that.

My biggest issue with any religion is the hypocrisy so this is not just a christian issue.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Things I've witnessed ministers being removed from their position or denying requests to become leaders:

1. Drunkeness
2. Substance abuse
3. Misappropriated funds
4. Being a jerk
5. Affairs
6. Having unruly children and homes
7. Not tithing
8. Being immature
9. Various other reasons

Yes, there are jerks that focus on gays for whatever reason. The myth is also very much perpetuated by people like jiggy. Simply hyper focused on the issue and other hot button topics. It is low hanging fruit sprouted out a a real uneducated viewpoint.

That's like me saying that blacks are bigots because of the small racist groups that incite more black hate against whites. I'll just go ahead and characterize all inner city blacks that way. Let's see how the backlash from that works out. Talk about outrage.
What myth am I perpetuating?

That most Christians have more of an issue with being gay than most other sins in the bible.

I have never said all people are anything and have never even insinuated that, I go out way to take every man on his own merits.

So stop with that nonsense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just to be exact, I'm not supporting the baker not wanting to bake the cake for religious reasons. I'm supporting the baker not wanting to bake the cake for any reason. If he doesn't want to bake you a cake because you just rub him the wrong way I'm totally ok with it. I don't think government should be forcing businesses or individuals to do anything. Now of course if that baker does that to enough people, he'll probably go out of business and have to deal with those repercussion. It's why it's probably not a smart business decision to deny someone a cake because they are gay for example.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What myth am I perpetuating?

That most Christians have more of an issue with being gay than most other sins in the bible.

I have never said all people are anything and have never even insinuated that, I go out way to take every man on his own merits.

So stop with that nonsense.
Stop you say? You are a funny guy.

So I pushed a button on a real issue that belongs to your particular group and you didn't like it much, did you? See how I took a few loud idiots and painted all blacks with the same brush? How bout you walk a little more circumspectly? Life would be much more tolerable if you had a little more understanding for those around you. Hypocrisy Is oozing out of your pores right now, homes.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Just to be exact, I'm not supporting the baker not wanting to bake the cake for religious reasons. I'm supporting the baker not wanting to bake the cake for any reason. If he doesn't want to bake you a cake because you just rub him the wrong way I'm totally ok with it. I don't think government should be forcing businesses or individuals to do anything. Now of course if that baker does that to enough people, he'll probably go out of business and have to deal with those repercussion. It's why it's probably not a smart business decision to deny someone a cake because they are gay for example.

Yes yes yes!

Smitty has a really great point. Would you force a Jew to bake a KKK cake? How about a black person?

Bottom line - any owner is allowed to do whatever he wants with his business. It is a terrible idea to destroy a man because he is participating his freedom.

Top Bottom