DC.com - Staff Writers Give Their “Two Cents” With Cowboys’ Personalized Mock Draft

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Wentz is there at 4 I think we definitely take him, no clue what our interest level in Goff is. If we can trade down to the 10-15 range and Lynch is there I imagine we'd take him there.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think we have our choice of the 3. If you truly believe that Romo can last, trade back, get an extra 2 plus, and get Lynch. Work with him for 2 years and he'll be ready to take over. If not and Tony can go another 1 or 2, trade Lynch for a top pick and do it again. IT isn't rocket science damnit.
You really want the rookie to take over for Romo after 2 years regardless. Room's contract goes up to 20 million per and we need some of that cap room to keep this line together.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Cleveland has every reason to draft Wentz if they think he's a franchise QB.

They have RG3 as insurance for the next two years while Wentz develops. Griffin had proven he can peacefully coexist with another QB, and he's getting starter money to prove himself long term.

If in two years RG3 actually proves himself, so what?

As far as NFL problems go, having the rights to two franchise QBs is way down on the list. But we all know there's no chance Griffin is the long term answer, and so it's wishful thinking to believe Cleveland won't take Wentz.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Give me Phillips' draft all day long. I'm still high on Bosa, and love Jackson in the 2nd and Dixon in the 3rd. Don't really like Cooper much, but the rest of that draft is solid.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
it's wishful thinking to believe Cleveland won't take Wentz.
Yes. Because Cleveland has proven time and time again that they always do the smart thing when it comes to team building.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yes. Because Cleveland has proven time and time again that they always do the smart thing when it comes to team building.
So they're passing on a franchise QB because they always f up? I'd say the same applies to Dallas. Cleveland's futility only goes back to 1999. Dallas has been inept since 1994.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So they're passing on a franchise QB because they always f up? I'd say the same applies to Dallas. Cleveland's futility only goes back to 1999. Dallas has been inept since 1994.
What does one have to do with the other? You're trying to change the issue from talking about Cleveland to talking about if Dallas will take Wentz if he is available.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I thought we were talking about Cleveland and their tendencies. What does Dallas have to do with what Cleveland has or hasn't done in the past? Should we also mention that Jacksonville has been pretty shitty for awhile now, too? What about Washington? Wait, the Raiders. Yeah, definitely the Raiders. Now there's a team that has had some head scratchers, eh? Or was that just some weak attempt at a deflection? Be sure to let us know, K?

Also, Cleveland's futility only goes back to 99, eh? Huh Well I'll be go ta hell. And here I thought they've been shitty for much longer. Through two different franchises, even.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't be totally shocked if the Browns baseball nerds decide to take Ramsey, Bosa, Tunsil or some such based on the bust rate of QB's in the top 5 or some crazy nonsensical stat that suggests that a positive outcome is more likely by taking a position player.

Here's hoping.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't be totally shocked if the Browns baseball nerds decide to take Ramsey, Bosa, Tunsil or some such based on the bust rate of QB's in the top 5 or some crazy
Statistics can be dangerous if you don't understand or apply them correctly. It's what makes Cleveland one of the most unpredictable teams right now. No one really knows how they are going to apply moneyball principals to the NFL. So far the Browns have done the opposite of what everyone thinks they should.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Statistics can be dangerous if you don't understand or apply them correctly. It's what makes Cleveland one of the most unpredictable teams right now. No one really knows how they are going to apply moneyball principals to the NFL. So far the Browns have done the opposite of what everyone thinks they should.
Yea, they've let all their good players go and their best FA addition has been Griffin. If I had to put money down it'd still be on a QB but if they go elsewhere it wouldn't be shocking.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Yea, they've let all their good players go and their best FA addition has been Griffin. If I had to put money down it'd still be on a QB but if they go elsewhere it wouldn't be shocking.
With the Browns anything is possible, but I still think they'll go QB (probably Wentz) unless they get a trade offer too good to pass up.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
With the Browns anything is possible, but I still think they'll go QB (probably Wentz) unless they get a trade offer too good to pass up.
You could be right. I can see where they would use RG111 as a transition move. I am hoping otherwise.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You could be right. I can see where they would use RG111 as a transition move. I am hoping otherwise.
It's possible they just wanted two lottery tickets. They think the upsode is there to hit it big with RGIII at a low cost but also recognize those odds aren't great so they also draft a young QB. Best case scenario is both guys work out great and they have someone to trade.

GShock

DCC 4Life
In his MMQB column, Peter King (I know), wrote:

I think, three weeks out, the only thing I believe about the 2016 draft is that the Browns are taking Carson Wentz at number two.​

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It's possible they just wanted two lottery tickets. They think the upsode is there to hit it big with RGIII at a low cost but also recognize those odds aren't great so they also draft a young QB. Best case scenario is both guys work out great and they have someone to trade.
It's like earlier when we were discussing the possibility of signing RGIII or another vet QB we were just expecting he'd be a backup capable of filling in if Romo went down, not our eventual starter. I think the Browns are looking at him in a similar way.

I don't think they expect him to be their longterm starter, but since they don't have a legit starter in place I think they want him to be able to start the season while drafting a potential franchise QB who could take over when he's up to speed.

Of course that doesn't necessarily mean they have to take a QB at #2. They could take a QB in the 2nd or try moving up for Lynch or move down and still get Goff. But I think like most, they have Wentz as the top QB prospect and are in the position to take him and probably will.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
In his MMQB column, Peter King (I know), wrote:

I think, three weeks out, the only thing I believe about the 2016 draft is that the Browns are taking Carson Wentz at number two.​
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Goff would be a perfectly fine alternative to Wentz, the only question is if they evaluate him properly.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
What does one have to do with the other? You're trying to change the issue from talking about Cleveland to talking about if Dallas will take Wentz if he is available.
No I'm saying your making up reasons the Browns won't take Wentz amounts to wishful thinking.

Top Bottom