Cowboys Free Agency

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bringing back Crawford is a good thing, he had 4 sacks last year in a rotational role and 2 sacks the year before that in just 6 sacks. Gives us production and versatility at a cheap price.

I'd still bring in Jason Jones since I assume he too would be fairly cheap.

A rotation of Lawrence/Gregory/Jones/Mayowa at DE and Crawford/Thornton/Crawford at DT is solid going into the draft.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bringing back Crawford is a good thing, he had 4 sacks last year in a rotational role and 2 sacks the year before that in just 6 sacks. Gives us production and versatility at a cheap price.

I'd still bring in Jason Jones since I assume he too would be fairly cheap.

A rotation of Lawrence/Gregory/Jones/Mayowa at DE and Crawford/Thornton/Crawford at DT is solid going into the draft.
I agree. Some on here were all meh when I said I really wanted to re-sign him. He is a solid interior lineman. No one out there in FA is even close to an upgrade, so this only makes sense.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I also forgot David Irving, decent little group there. Not great but with an offense that can score and hold onto the ball it'd be fine.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
love the jack crawford resigning. nice little find. seems like we do well with players the raiders just toss away

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I also forgot David Irving, decent little group there. Not great but with an offense that can score and hold onto the ball it'd be fine.
Thornton is a terrific signing who gives all of these talented young players (even Gregory) a better chance to succeed.

If we resign Hardy or draft Buckner this DL is intact.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Report: Money behind lack of interest in Leon Hall

Report: Money behind lack of interest in Leon Hall

Cornerback Leon Hall is still looking for a team for next season, and according to a report out Monday, money could be a factor in why he hasn't yet found that team.

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that the former Cincinnati Bengals cornerback is looking for one last good contract but so far, teams haven't been eager to give it to him.

"Hall, who has been making an average of $9.75 million the past four seasons under a deal that paid him $39 million," Salguero wrote. "And because Hall is 31 years old, he recognizes this could be his final contract in the NFL. And so he does not want to take a big pay cut from his last contract. Indeed, he wants to maximize what might be his final contract.

"Teams, on the other hand, are mostly bargain shopping now. They didn't consider Hall worth a big offer early in free agency, so he kind of priced himself out of that market. And now the deals that are out there might be for 50-60 percent less than what Hall has been making the past four years."

Salguero thinks that Hall's asking price will eventually have to come down and that the interest will rise when it does.

"So far the Arizona Cardinals are the only team Hall has visited as a free agent," Salguero writes. "My guess is when his price comes down, the interest from teams, including the Miami Dolphins, will pick up."

Hall, who spent the first nine seasons of his NFL career in Cincinnati, might not be the player he once was as injuries and years have added up, but he still has some gas in the tank and will certainly find a place this season. The question is where, and for how much.

Top Bottom