Archive - Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
:window

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It would have to be two West Coast teams, and even still that's a huge penalty for both teams involved.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Welp, sounds like Josh Gordon failed another drug test. :lol

Carl

RIP Brother
Such a talent though; let's give him one more chance in Dallas, once he serves, what will it be this time , a 2 year suspension.

dallen

Senior Tech
And Manziel is his roomy.
Which is weird because Manziel just came out and said he was living with Von Miller. Problem with that was that Von Miller is currently on Dancing with the Stars and Disney has him sequestered away somewhere.

dallen

Senior Tech
Such a talent though; let's give him one more chance in Dallas, once he serves, what will it be this time , a 2 year suspension.
Isn't he already on an indefinite suspension?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
How can someone be that damn stupid? :doh

This guy will be living with his mom or grandma in no time. I can't believe someone would consciously choose that life over making millions as a professional athlete.

Unbelievable.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
How can someone be that damn stupid? :doh

This guy will be living with his mom or grandma in no time. I can't believe someone would consciously choose that life over making millions as a professional athlete.

Unbelievable.
Some guys you just can't reach....

He was kicked out of Baylor for the same thing. World of talent and a penny head.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Some guys you just can't reach....

He was kicked out of Baylor for the same thing. World of talent and a penny head.
I'm actually fascinated by people like that.

Like, I wish I could just get inside someone's head like Gordon's and just see how it is they process something like this. Does he completely not give a damn and simply dismiss it? Does he try to do better but simply can't?

I just wish I could be a fly in the room where he's sitting down talking to his agent, a teammate, or just someone who is genuinely concerned about him who is trying to give him the right advice. I guess it's interesting to me because I just can't fathom how someone can throw an opportunity like this away.

"Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. I never thought I'd have 500 dollars in my pocket let alone 500K. I'll just have fun for as long as this money lasts then go back home. F it."

Is that really his line of thinking? If so, it's really really sad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is that really his line of thinking? If so, it's really really sad.
As dumb as it may be, I honestly think these guys think they can smoke and not get caught. It's a sort of invincibility complex. Hell they probably do get away with it the majority of the time. Meaning they smoke once and by the time they are drug tested they are clean. The problem is eventually guys like this will always get caught.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
As dumb as it may be, I honestly think these guys think they can smoke and not get caught. It's a sort of invincibility complex. Hell they probably do get away with it the majority of the time. Meaning they smoke once and by the time they are drug tested they are clean. The problem is eventually guys like this will always get caught.
But that's not the case - or at least shouldn't be - in this instance.

This is 3rd or 4th time, so there shouldn't be this "I won't get caught" mentality because he has been caught literally every single year since he entered the NFL. I think it's either a product of a don't-give-a-shit attitude, or a guy who just is unable to stop. Both of which speak to this guy's level of intelligence or lack thereof.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

This is 3rd or 4th time, so there shouldn't be this "I won't get caught" mentality because he has been caught literally every single year since he entered the NFL. I think it's either a product of a don't-give-a-shit attitude, or a guy who just is unable to stop. Both of which speak to this guy's level of intelligence or lack thereof.
Dealing with criminals it's not all that different. Why does the guy get his fifth or sixth DWI? It's because half the time he doesn't get caught when he does it. So he thinks he will be ok just this one time. Same thing with a guy on probation who has a 10 year sentence as a backup. Why do they still continue to do drugs while knowing they will be drug tested and those are the consequences? In the moment these guys just don't think they will get caught.

Jiggyfly

Banned

With a guy like Gordan it has to be an addiction, if you listen to him talk he is no dummy.

Some people just have that gene that the immediate gratification outweighs any long term thinking.

Addictions have taken out much smarter people than him.

Top Bottom