A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

Jiggyfly

Banned
I certainly empathized with all who suffer. Even if it because of their own selfish crap. This isn't about gay, straight or whatever. I NEVER out common sense above empathy. Because that would be stupid.

My sons roommate is gay. He's part of our family. We love that kid more than you know. My brother in law is gay, he's one of the best people I know. Our worship leader at church is gay. He also teaches our kids middle school class. I love all of these people, consider them my peers or kids.

You can piss off with your BS. You don't know shit about my life. But you are an overrun with your side, political stance and religious hang ups over what is right.
I know you call Trans people freaks which says a lot.

I am not overrun with anything I don't have a particular side or stance or hangup.

I try and research the facts where possible and bathroom assault on Kids is rare
overall and even more rare by Trans people.

And is easily preventable, so why the uproar?

Stats show assaults don't happen in bathrooms

http://www.wcnc.com/news/politics/stats-show-assaults-dont-happen-in-bathrooms/126572739

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- House Bill 2 has been a political hot potato with strong passions on both sides of the issue.

But professionals who work with child sex abuse victims say if history is any guide, the odds of something happening in a bathroom are slim.

"I think there is an assumption that by separating genders that we are somehow keeping kids safe," said Andrew Oliver, the director of Pat's Place.

Pat's Place is on the front lines of protecting children against sexual and physical abuse. Victims are interviewed in what's set up like play rooms so that kids will feel comfortable telling their painful stories.

"Our staff members receive incredible training and they are trained to talk about difficult things that have happened to them; those are conducted live, and police are observing the interview," said Oliver.

The staff is in a great position to know who is abusing kids and where that abuse takes place.

"It's a neighbor, it's a family member, it's a family friend, it's someone who is close to the family."

The center's stats show that last year, Pat's Place interviewed 536 victims; of them only 2%-- or just 11 cases-- involved strangers.

Over the last two years at least 850 children were interviewed, and the number of transgender bathroom assaults was zero.

Oliver says there are bathroom sexual assaults, but almost all of them occur between children who are about the same age and who know each other.

But that doesn't mean that parents can let down their guard.

"We would always encourage parents they should supervise their children, they should check the restroom before use, monitor it during use, and talk to kids about going to the bathroom in small groups," said Oliver.

Copyright 2016 WCNC

townsend

Banned
I certainly empathized with all who suffer. Even if it because of their own selfish crap. This isn't about gay, straight or whatever. I NEVER out common sense above empathy. Because that would be stupid.

My sons roommate is gay. He's part of our family. We love that kid more than you know. My brother in law is gay, he's one of the best people I know. Our worship leader at church is gay. He also teaches our kids middle school class. I love all of these people, consider them my peers or kids.

You can piss off with your BS. You don't know shit about my life. But you are an overrun with your side, political stance and religious hang ups over what is right.
So if some rotten asshole wanted to ban gay middle school teachers because he thought they'd molest the kids, you'd be forced to go along with him, because wimmen and chidren trump whether or not something is a legitimate threat.

All your women and children nonsense is a smoke screen man, no trans person has ever been arrested for sexual misconduct in a restroom. Ever, ever, ever. Fucking ever. So drop this bullshit about "common sense" because any kind of common sense says that is something hasn't happened, it won't happen again.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Let me say it really slow one more time.

I don't care about your stupid stats. If one child is saved at the cost of the feelings of 1,000,000 trans people it is worth it. Do you understand where I stand now? It is a matter of valuing the future of someone who doesn't have a choice over someone who does.

I'm not one bit offended by your characterization of me. Freaks categories:

1. Trans people who want to impose their lives on others at the expense of the security of women and children.

2. Those who support them.

Is that clear for you?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So if some rotten asshole wanted to ban gay middle school teachers because he thought they'd molest the kids, you'd be forced to go along with him, because wimmen and chidren trump whether or not something is a legitimate threat.

All your women and children nonsense is a smoke screen man, no trans person has ever been arrested for sexual misconduct in a restroom. Ever, ever, ever. Fucking ever. So drop this bullshit about "common sense" because any kind of common sense says that is something hasn't happened, it won't happen again.
Look, asshole. I don't want men in bathrooms with females. I don't want female in the bathroom with males. Are you retarded or something? I just don't get your stupid way of thinking. I prefer to not share oxygen with you because I am very passionate about it. Make than you will ever know. If you're willing to go your route is assume you go hang yourself because you are part of the problem. That's how low of a my opinion I have of people that undervalue the weak.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Seems to be common sense to have people use the restrooms based on the plumbing they were born with. I don't give a flying rats ass if some dude with a penis thinks he identifies as a woman and wants to use the female restrooms. Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Ha! I honestly thought that I was responding to jiggy instead of towns. I honestly didn't even read the post or the poster.

Still, if you support his position then drive off a bridge.

Good day. :hattip

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think people defending this are only looking at it from the angle of trans people, and think they'd be the only ones that would attempt to enter a female bathroom/locker room. And not from where this would be a gigantic loophole for sexual predators to gain easy access to female bathrooms, locker rooms, etc... If their presence in these areas are ever questioned, all they have to do is claim they identify as a female.

If a true transgender person goes thru with the reassignment surgery, then I have no problem with them using female facilities. I seriously doubt your average every day sexual deviant would go through such lengths to further their perversion. So until then, stay out.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think people defending this are only looking at it from the angle of trans people, and think they'd be the only ones that would attempt to enter a female bathroom/locker room. And not from where this would be a gigantic loophole for sexual predators to gain easy access to female bathrooms, locker rooms, etc... If their presence in these areas are ever questioned, all they have to do is claim they identify as a female.

If a true transgender person goes thru with the reassignment surgery, then I have no problem with them using female facilities. I seriously doubt your average every day sexual deviant would go through such lengths to further their perversion. So until then, stay out.
That IS the damn point. Thank you. Thank you.

No men in he women's bathroom and no women in the men's. Feelings be damned. I don't give one crap.

townsend

Banned
Let me say it really slow one more time.

I don't care about your stupid stats. If one child is saved at the cost of the feelings of 1,000,000 trans people it is worth it. Do you understand where I stand now? It is a matter of valuing the future of someone who doesn't have a choice over someone who does.

I'm not one bit offended by your characterization of me. Freaks categories:

1. Trans people who want to impose their lives on others at the expense of the security of women and children.

2. Those who support them.

Is that clear for you?
You're being weak right now. Failing to process emotion and using it as a crutch. If you were looking at this like a grown man, you would see that there's no reason that anti-trans laws would ever save one solitary single sweet angel baby from being butt fucked. Stats, real compiled stats, predict this.

Also this isn't a real concern, it's a smoke screen. I mentioned this before, if you were okay with restroom laws as they were before, your allowing the men who like to fuck boys unadulterated access to boys, and same with women who would molest girls. If you want a "children only" restroom, then that is a fair a reasonable response to fear of predators, that isn't founded in anti-trans bigotry.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems to be common sense to have people use the restrooms based on the plumbing they were born with. I don't give a flying rats ass if some dude with a penis thinks he identifies as a woman and wants to use the female restrooms. Dumbest thing I've ever heard.
It seems to me that the argument comes down to wanting the trans person to feel more "comfortable" or to have the women and children feel comfortable in their restroom. I don't think you can reasonably make a "safety" argument for trans people without opening the door wide open for a "safety" argument for the women and children.

townsend

Banned

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You're being weak right now. Failing to process emotion and using it as a crutch. If you were looking at this like a grown man, you would see that there's no reason that anti-trans laws would ever save one solitary single sweet angel baby from being butt fucked. Stats, real compiled stats, predict this.

Also this isn't a real concern, it's a smoke screen. I mentioned this before, if you were okay with restroom laws as they were before, your allowing the men who like to fuck boys unadulterated access to boys, and same with women who would molest girls. If you want a "children only" restroom, then that is a fair a reasonable response to fear of predators, that isn't founded in anti-trans bigotry.

If you are trying to graphically paint a picture of children being raped to arouse emotion it a very very poor choice. How sad is it that it has come to this. Do you understand that my stance is in favor of the safety of women and children? What is yours for? Nothing trumps that. Period.

You can't ban men from using the men's bathroom. You can only be careful, which I've tried to do. But you can stop stupidly. That we have control over. So if there's a slight chance of making a change that saves one kid then I'm more than happy to be called a bigot to get the job done.

You have really abandoned morals for the sake of standing on the won't side of morality. It's like a double whammy of idiocy.

2233boys

Not So New Member
This got interesting. Just to play devils advocate, how are we to enforce Transgender men and women using the bathroom of the sex they were born in to. Pee Pee Check at the door? DNA tests?

I can tell you one thing, my children never went to a public restroom without my wife or I standing outside the door. It was how we rolled.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It seems to me that the argument comes down to wanting the trans person to feel more "comfortable" or to have the women and children feel comfortable in their restroom. I don't think you can reasonably make a "safety" argument for trans people without opening the door wide open for a "safety" argument for the women and children.
Even at that do you let the comfort of trans people trump the security of a few kids? Never. Not once.

Safety has to do with pedos using this loophole. Does it stop pedos? Never. Does it limit accessibility? Well of it does one tiny bit then in all in. I'm willing to put in all of my chips for it. It's called justice.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
This is where I am with it. I fully understand people who are not comfortable with it. Personally I don't really care, but I get why it would bother a lot of, if not most, people. I believe it really is more about comfort than safety though. I don't see a strong case that the safety of women and children would be any more at risk in this situation than some creepy sex criminal in the proper bathroom or any other public place doing something inappropriate.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Top Bottom