Eagles sign LeGarrett Blount for 1 year

midswat

... soon
I don't get why they're adding veterans for 1 year deals.

And Garrett, with his 3.9ypc isn't anyone I'm afraid of.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He will probably cost the Eagles a comp pick since they signed him after Lord Belichick whipped out some little known loophole tender thing.

All in all, not worried about the signing.

He is a poor fit for the West Coast system and is probably a battering ram for short yardage and four minute offense. Otherwise, not a big deal. If he is in the game, that will mean run.

It might make that dumb ass in your fantasy league pick him in the first round because he had 17 TDs last year, so that is kind of cool.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He will probably cost the Eagles a comp pick since they signed him after Lord Belichick whipped out some little known loophole tender thing.

He is a poor fit for the West Coast system and is probably a battering ram for short yardage and four minute offense. Otherwise, not a big deal. If he is in the game, that will mean run.

It might make that dumb ass in your fantasy league pick him in the first round because he had 17 TDs last year, so that is kind of cool.
What loop hole tender thing? How would that cost them a comp pick since we are past the comp pick time frame?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Exactly. Eagles fans are lauding the shit out of this signing, but this does little for them.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

It's funny, because Roseman literally said he wasn't interested in Band-Aids, then immediately signed a shit load of Band-Aids.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What loop hole tender thing? How would that cost them a comp pick since we are past the comp pick time frame?
Apparently you can tender an unrestricted free agent. I had never heard of this. It's hard to believe that such a rule exists but essentially if Blount didn't sign with anyone before July something than he could only negotiate exclusively with the Patriots until week 10 of the season. Additionally it extends the period for comp picks until that particular date in July.

The tender the Patriots made was the day before comp picks were supposed to end and it had to be a 10% pay raise from what he got last year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Apparently you can tender an unrestricted free agent. I had never heard of this. It's hard to believe that such a rule exists but essentially if Blount didn't sign with anyone before July something than he could only negotiate exclusively with the Patriots until week 10 of the season. Additionally it extends the period for comp picks until that particular date in July.

The tender the Patriots made was the day before comp picks were supposed to end and it had to be a 10% pay raise from what he got last year.
New one on me.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I was looking forward to another season of Pederson using Sproles as a short yardage back.

Top Bottom