Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Could be but it also could be someone trading up to take Ramsey for example. People on this board don't like him but there are lots of people out there who are absolutely in love with the guy. Who think he is both the best corner in this draft and the best safety. To a team who wants him, jumping the Chargers would make a lot of sense.

There is also a possibility that a team trading up is doing so for a QB no named Wentz. There is not a consensus best QB in this draft. My understanding is that the majority of teams have Wentz as the top guy but that there are some teams who rank Goff as the top guy. Someone trading up may be doing so for Goff as well.
There are other possibilities but I'd put money on any trade happening at that spot would be for Wentz.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2632298-insider-buzz-growing-sense-that-cowboys-will-draft-qb-with-no-4-pick

Jason Cole from Beacher Report, he's no Mike Fisher of course, but it'll do.

If Wentz is there, we take him, end of story, I'm not so sure about Goff but I do think there is a realistic chance we take him, I even think there is an outside shot that we take Lynch at 4, perhaps even before Goff.
This concept really just blows the mind of some media people. They can't fathom why Dallas would draft a QB. They think it's silly to take a QB who will just sit behind Romo. That Dallas wants to win a superbowl with Romo and that drafting his backup will do nothing to further that.

Personally I don't give a shit if Romo is the one to win a Superbowl or if it's a different QB on our roster. I just want to win one. And clearly the best chance for that any time soon is by drafting a franchise QB at the top of this draft. Maybe it doesn't help us as much next year as Bosa but no one is convincing me that it's the difference between Romo winning a Superbowl or not next year. That's just retarded.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2632298-insider-buzz-growing-sense-that-cowboys-will-draft-qb-with-no-4-pick

Jason Cole from Beacher Report, he's no Mike Fisher of course, but it'll do.

If Wentz is there, we take him, end of story, I'm not so sure about Goff but I do think there is a realistic chance we take him, I even think there is an outside shot that we take Lynch at 4, perhaps even before Goff.
Now that would be shockingly horrid. It's one thing to not like Goff in our system and prefer Lynch, but we also need to consider value. No way is Lynch worth the #4 pick in the draft. At best he would most likely go 15th and even then it'd be a slight reach for need.

If Wentz is gone and we really, really want Lynch then I sure hope we go all out trying to at least work a small trade down just so we can come up with something in addition to Lynch to make it more palpable. Even a trade down to 8 and drafting him there would be a considerable reach imo, but we'd probably at least gain an additional 2nd rounder to make it somewhat worthwhile.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yikes

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Meh, there are trade rumors flying all over the place, I'd guess at least 5-7 teams have seriously inquired about the 1st pick, and probably double that have at least sent out feelers. The Eagles may end up trading up to 1, and both QB's may end up going 1-2, which would suck, but the Eagles would also be hamstringing their entire roster/front office in the process since they'd likely be losing the vast majority of this draft and a pick or two next year.

Let's also remember that Wentz needs a year or so to sit and learn, we kind of gloss over that as Cowboy fans because we know that will be the case no matter what here in Dallas but in Philadelphia you'd be giving up a whole bunch of picks just to watch Bradford play most of 2016, unless the Eagles want to rush Wentz and risk ruining him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
in Philadelphia you'd be giving up a whole bunch of picks just to watch Bradford play most of 2016, unless the Eagles want to rush Wentz and risk ruining him.
Or is it Chase Daniels who will start in 2016? The whole Eagles situation is odd. I just can't see them with a high rookie QB and Bradford but I also can't imagine why another NFL team would trade for Bradford on that retarded contract.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Or is it Chase Daniels who will start in 2016? The whole Eagles situation is odd. I just can't see them with a high rookie QB and Bradford but I also can't imagine why another NFL team would trade for Bradford on that retarded contract.
Nobody is trading for Bradford, I'm sure they'd start him for about 8-10 games because they'll want to let Wentz sit and learn, then they'll bring in Wentz once it's clear Bradford is taking them nowhere and then he gets cut after the season.

What all of this ignores is that they will have an inordinate amount of resources invested in the QB position while the majority of the roster is shit, unless Wentz actually turns out to be the next Luck they will be screwed. Even if he is a Stafford or Matt Ryan level QB I think they will be screwed. In order to justify what I think it will take to trade up for him, along with the fact that their roster is pretty mediocre, Wentz will have to be the type of QB who can carry a team to wins on his own, I don't know if that will be the case.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nobody is trading for Bradford, I'm sure they'd start him for about 8-10 games because they'll want to let Wentz sit and learn, then they'll bring in Wentz once it's clear Bradford is taking them nowhere and then he gets cut after the season.
If that was the plan then why give Chase Daniels that massive contract? I know I have seen Eagles fans dreaming about trading Bradford. But I agree with you, I can't see an NFL team willing to take on that Bradford contract. Why the hell would anyone want to pay Bradford that money when he is a shitty starting QB who gets hurt a lot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If that was the plan then why give Chase Daniels that massive contract? I know I have seen Eagles fans dreaming about trading Bradford. But I agree with you, I can't see an NFL team willing to take on that Bradford contract. Why the hell would anyone want to pay Bradford that money when he is a shitty starting QB who gets hurt a lot.
That's why I have a hard time believing they are going after another QB, especially with only two picks in the first three rounds.

dallen

Senior Tech
Crap, we might not have a shot at either QB now

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Cleveland supposedly started making noise about trading down so the Titans decided to nip a buyers market in the bud.

So Wentz (or Goff) is a franchise QB after all.

dallen

Senior Tech

Holy shit

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Holy shit
Yeah makes lots of sense for Titans.

dallen

Senior Tech
Got to give it to the Titans. They took the #1 pick in a horrible year and turned it into gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom