A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

townsend

Banned
You obviously are not a parent. If you were, the worry would be there. But, since you aren't, you are the typical non-parent. "Stop worrying so damn much. You aren't going to magically lose your child." It's fucking annoying. People that try to tell people how they should worry about their child when they have cats for "kids".
"I'm irrational because I'm a parent! If you're a parent you can't understand." It sounds like parenthood must be a mental illness if people aren't able to think rationally once infected by it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The only push for change is from the people trying to outlaw transsexuals from bathrooms. Currently in Texas you can walk into whichever restroom that corresponds to your driver's license. Your consistent narrative that it's the other side that's wanting to change things ignores that all the actual law making has focused on attacking the LGBT types.
This literally made me belly laugh. God damn.

Cotton

Staff member
"I'm irrational because I'm a parent! If you're a parent you can't understand." It sounds like parenthood must be a mental illness if people aren't able to think rationally once infected by it.
You have kids?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't think facial features was part ofmy response.
Well what else is it going to come down to? What's going to constitute probable cause considering trans people tend to dress and make every effort to look like their chosen gender? How do you prevent this from degenerating into a series of calls to cops over women who look too much like "dykes" using the restroom? Iamtdg sounds like he's ready to be the first to call the cops on any woman with a short haircut who needs to take a piss on suspicion of penis possession.

Cotton

Staff member
People who don't want the government dictating every damned little thing in everybody's lives. Same people who don't do drugs and don't think drug laws do any good. Same people who don't like Donald Trump's proposals to regulate religion. I'm going to be against any government intervention in personal matters where someone isn't doing literal demonstrable harm. And, no, I don't think 'making you uncomfortable' counts as harm.
So, you would be okay with the freedom to go into a theater dressed as a terrorist with a backpack, long beard, and wires sticking out of your jacket? Because, that would definitely qualify as making someone uncomfortable. Would that be okay?

Cotton

Staff member
Maybe not quite. I don't think the cops need to be called every time a masculine looking woman or a feminine looking man walks into a public restroom, so they can be dragged someplace and strip searched. That's the only way these idiotic laws you want could be enforced, unless you have a better plan.
I have a great plan. You go into the restroom you were born for. It's that damn simple.

Cotton

Staff member
If that is your primary concern then we obviously have different agendas regarding what the law is trying to accomplish. I see it as a reinforcement of what the majority of the populace want and you think it is another opportunity for law enforcement to mistreat someone. Law enforcement doesn't need another law to accomplish mistreatment for the reasons you depict. If they in fact want to inflict harm on someone they will do it regardless of existing laws.
Truth.

Cotton

Staff member
You mean it would deter an innocent person with unfortunate facial features from being able to use the restroom because they will be arrested and detained for hours if they do? That sounds fair.
Unfortunate facial features??

:rofl

Yeah, that's the issue.

Cotton

Staff member
Well what else is it going to come down to? What's going to constitute probable cause considering trans people tend to dress and make every effort to look like their chosen gender? How do you prevent this from degenerating into a series of calls to cops over women who look too much like "dykes" using the restroom? Iamtdg sounds like he's ready to be the first to call the cops on any woman with a short haircut who needs to take a piss on suspicion of penis possession.
This is what is boils down to. Their chosen gender was not their fucking choice. Nor is it anyone's. You are either born with a dick or born with a vagina. It's that damn simple. You don't get to choose.

This is a stupid conversation.

Cotton

Staff member
Nope. I hope if I ever have them I won't degenerate into a constant state of sobbing panic and want the cops called on everyone who looks funny.
Spoken like a true parent of a cat.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
This is what is boils down to. Their chosen gender was not their fucking choice. Nor is it anyone's. You are either born with a dick or born with a vagina. It's that damn simple. You don't get to choose.

This is a stupid conversation.
It really is, because without attacking everyone who goes into a restroom and invading their privacy, you can't check those things. This is as stupid and unenforceable as the sodomy laws that were on the books until 2003 (mainly because no one was enforcing them). Lawrence v. Texas struck down those laws as a dehumanizing intrusion into the privacy of the individuals targeted. So, do you really think that laws allowing strip searches on completely undefinable probable cause (i.e. 'someone that looks kinda like a dude in a dress') is going to be treated any differently by the courts, especially considering the one who wrote the dissent in that case is dead, and likely to be replaced by either a liberal or a moderate?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Here in Houston the left started the debate by trying to fix a crisis that wasn't a crisis.

I have a daughter and am not too scared either way, but I guess I lean toward just keeping things the way they've been. I think people would be less upset if LGBTQXV% activists would settle on whether sexuality is a settled thing that is out of a person's control or a fluid social construct subject to change and contradiction.

I really don't have problems with LGBT people. Just activists of most sorts.

townsend

Banned
Here in Houston the left started the debate by trying to fix a crisis that wasn't a crisis.

I have a daughter and am not too scared either way, but I guess I lean toward just keeping things the way they've been. I think people would be less upset if LGBTQXV% activists would settle on whether sexuality is a settled thing that is out of a person's control or a fluid social construct subject to change and contradiction.

I really don't have problems with LGBT people. Just activists of most sorts.
I don't think they'll ever be "settled", progressives have have plenty of dissension within the ranks. A lot of trans activist dogma flies directly in the face of feminist dogma.

In fact there are plenty of staunch feminists that buy into the "pervert in drag" hysteria.

I think the "born that way" narrative is the dominant doctrine. When it comes to gender it's more scientifically proven, when it comes to sexuality not as much. Personally I don't care to much as the cause. I'm a little off put by people who claim to be "gender fluid" that sounds more like tourism than a gender identity crisis. But maybe I'm just a bigot.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I mean, gender isn't something you can change... you can have plastic sugary to mutilate your genitals and you can pump yourself full of hormones, but you're body will never do naturally all the things of the opposite gender, because it's unchangeable. So really the whole gender dysphoria thing is a mental problem in my book.

Sexuality is definitely a product of circumstances, though (of course this also means it's all mental, not physical, IMO). For example fat women used to be the height of attractiveness because it implied wealth and plenty.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Sometimes there is outrage because folks don't like the people pushing the agenda. Occasionally the activists are right. Maybe folks don't like who is driving this thing but it is a real good idea to use due diligence when it comes to the safety of women and children. You don't come up with some retarded stats when it comes to protecting that group, You go all out in fierce defense of them. Anyone who doesn't do that is not a man worthy of respect. It is sad how at times we get caught up in the arguments and rights of the wrong people. It is totally worth it to save the innocence of a few by a large effort. It is a really terrible excuse to sit back and say that it will be very rare so why make the effort to fight this law? I'm sorry I'm not protecting the comfort of some weirdo at the risk of women and children. Spare your damn stats or whatever. It is really sad but we've come to a place in this country that we've forgot what it is to be a man and use our God given masculinity to enforce what is right. I struggle to have respect for those who are willing to sell out the weaker for the few that are confused about there gender.

If got one question for those who think it is cool to be on the wrong side. If it is no big deal for the women and children to have to put up with his crap then why is it a big deal for a confused teenager to have to be uncomfortable in a bathroom? Are we caught up defending the wrong group here? Sonofa did you people not have a dad that taught you that you should defend the vulnerable at all cost?

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sometimes there is outrage because folks don't like the people pushing the agenda. Occasionally the activists are right. Maybe folks don't like who is driving this thing but it is a real good idea to use due diligence when it comes to the safety of women and children. You don't come up with some retarded stats when it comes to protecting that group, You go all out in fierce defense of them. Anyone who doesn't do that is not a man worthy of respect. It is sad how at times we get caught up in the arguments and rights of the wrong people. It is totally worth it to save the innocence of a few by a large effort. It is a really terrible excuse to sit back and say that it will be very rare so why make the effort to fight this law? I'm sorry I'm not protecting the comfort of some weirdo at the risk of women and children. Spare your damn stats or whatever. It is really sad but we've come to a place in this country that we've forgot what it is to be a man and use our God given masculinity to enforce what is right. I struggle to have respect for those who are willing to sell out the weaker for the few that are confused about there gender.

If got one question for those who think it is cool to be on the wrong side. If it is no big deal for the women and children to have to put up with his crap then why is it a big deal for a confused teenager to have to be uncomfortable in a bathroom? Are we caught up defending the wrong group here? Sonofa did you people not have a dad that taught you that you should defend the vulnerable at all cost?

townsend

Banned

So here's my issue with the whole "keep perverts at bay" fallacy. If we as a society were actually concerned about our children, we would not have communal restrooms, they'd all be single serving.

After all most of our audacious pedos are boy fuckers, and none of these rules would prevent an adult male from going into a men's restroom and doing everything your afraid that he'd do in a girls restroom.

So this whole "think of the women and children" thing feels like nonsense. Your willing to bend backwards to eliminate a threat that seems to have never happened, when society as a whole has decided men and boys can be together in restrooms without question.

About the uncomfortable thing. Yes, everyone is uncomfortable in restrooms. The difference is trans people are being told "your identity is a lie, and the only thing that matters is the shape of your genitals." Never mind there's ample scientific evidence to who's that trans people's brains are actually wired differently. That they're suffering through terrible dysmorphia between the way they're body has formed is different than how their brain was expecting them to.

The difference is like singling out anorexic people and saying, "No your a fatty, you have to use the fat people's room, it doesn't matter what you look like, your fat and you'll always be fat." So yeah I'm willing for teh wimmen and children to be uncomfortable, because half of them aren't committing suicide right now.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So here's my issue with the whole "keep perverts at bay" fallacy. If we as a society were actually concerned about our children, we would not have communal restrooms, they'd all be single serving.

After all most of our audacious pedos are boy fuckers, and none of these rules would prevent an adult male from going into a men's restroom and doing everything your afraid that he'd do in a girls restroom.

So this whole "think of the women and children" thing feels like nonsense. Your willing to bend backwards to eliminate a threat that seems to have never happened, when society as a whole has decided men and boys can be together in restrooms without question.

About the uncomfortable thing. Yes, everyone is uncomfortable in restrooms. The difference is trans people are being told "your identity is a lie, and the only thing that matters is the shape of your genitals." Never mind there's ample scientific evidence to who's that trans people's brains are actually wired differently. That they're suffering through terrible dysmorphia between the way they're body has formed is different than how their brain was expecting them to.

The difference is like singling out anorexic people and saying, "No your a fatty, you have to use the fat people's room, it doesn't matter what you look like, your fat and you'll always be fat." So yeah I'm willing for teh wimmen and children to be uncomfortable, because half of them aren't committing suicide right now.
Well obviously this isn't about gay people. They are the same sex as the rest room designations and this practice isn't what the issue is about. Gays have shared restroom facilities for years. It's about those that are declaring themselves to be a gender they clearly are not. It doesn't matter whether they are mentally engaged into believing they are a different gender they still are not they are what they are. People are not ready for opposite genders to be populating the restrooms whether they have an agenda or not. This shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Top Bottom